Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strange Notation

Llyssa

Wondering... a few people have been using DE(L) for some reason.

Why?

That basically means:

The L (i.e.: Limited) is optional, because some of us like calling it DE, and others prefer DEL, but since in the forums, that L is optional, a few members prefer using DE(L) to go both ways. 

I believe that officially, they are DE, but operate under the license of DE (L), I'll need to find the thread where they first discussed this though, lemme see what i can do

edit; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/254106-de-or-del/

Referring to DE as DE(L) seems kinda funny for me, coz you don't go calling companies like valve "Valve Co." etc

Edited by Somedude1000

Not unless it becomes a habit after writing answers to questions on countless business case studies. 

Perhaps, but to be absolutely honest, such a simple thing appears to goes unnoticed to most people, regardless of whether you say DE or DE(L) people know who / what you're talking about, choosing between either is fine because the reader's brainmachine immediately translates the words to a picture of "developers of warframe", just like if I say "banana", and for an extremely minute instant,,\ your mind pictures a banana before it registers what you're reading is describing it.