Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mesa] [Peacemaker] Power Discussion

Donutdude

Evening Tenno.

I've just come out of a 15 wave Caracol node with the following battle results:

ctZBIWR.jpg

Almost all of those 617 kills were from my Peacemaker.  This is completely mad and a tad overpowered.

I love Peacemaker.  It's now on-par favourite with Blade Storm for me.  But don't you think it's worth toning back the numbers or speed at which Mesa acquires targets?  It's a bit much as it is now, especially when running a Power Strength build like the one in my screenshot.

Regards,

Donutdude

I am also using a power strength build on my Mesa, however, the damage seems to fall off fairly quickly in higher level missions like T4E's and defenses. My results were not even remotely that high in comparison to the team, it was even lower in a few cases. Excalibur still did far more damage than I did on Mesa.

I don't think there's any issue with Mesa, in fact I wonder how badly the damage falls off in some serious T4 defenses like wave 30+

I don't think the damage will scale well at all which is really going to suck.

Edited by Seraphyx

I am also using a power strength build on my Mesa, however, the damage seems to fall off fairly quickly in higher level missions like T4E's and defenses. My results were not even remotely that high in comparison to the team, it was even lower in a few cases. Excalibur still did far more damage than I did on Mesa.

I don't think there's any issue with Mesa, in fact I wonder how badly the damage falls off in some serious T4 defenses like wave 30+

^ agreed.

using a maxed warframe and their ult in a low-mid level mission is always going to seem overpowered at first

Guys guys guys...

I know all about Mesa's fall off late-game, even with a maximised power strength build.  What I'm talking about is her low-mid tier dominance.  I wasn't even sitting on max power strength and all I had to do was just find a high spot, hit 4 and hold down LMB...

A frame that is perfect for slaughtering Infested, Ember or Ember Prime, has a lot of fall off damage on her World on Fire once the Ancients start hitting the map from around wave 8 onward, whereas Mesa doesn't really have any.  I probably could've comfortably continued to wave 20/25 before noticing any initial fall off.

I simply think a slight adjustment to Peacemaker would bring her in-line.  As for Nova, I have no response aside from almost nobody builds her PWR STH nowadays.  #SpeedNovaForLife

Guys guys guys...

I know all about Mesa's fall off late-game, even with a maximised power strength build.  What I'm talking about is her low-mid tier dominance.  I wasn't even sitting on max power strength and all I had to do was just find a high spot, hit 4 and hold down LMB...

A frame that is perfect for slaughtering Infested, Ember or Ember Prime, has a lot of fall off damage on her World on Fire once the Ancients start hitting the map from around wave 8 onward, whereas Mesa doesn't really have any.  I probably could've comfortably continued to wave 20/25 before noticing any initial fall off.

I simply think a slight adjustment to Peacemaker would bring her in-line.  As for Nova, I have no response aside from almost nobody builds her PWR STH nowadays.  #SpeedNovaForLife

But why would they balance powers around low-mid tier missions? If you're playing a maxed rank frame with relatively good mods focusing on power strength you should be doing missions that are roughly around your power level. Nova is no different. I can go into low level missions, prime everything and have absolutely no issues. Same goes for a lot of frames. Nearly every frame can dominate low-mid tier. If they reduce the speed at which she acquires targets or anything that will make her even worse in higher level missions. I was having trouble killing enemies as it is in T4Es because of how vulnerable peacemaker makes you. Without a Frost you are taking a massive risk and almost guaranteed death going into peacemaker around enemies you don't 1 hit.

Naw, it's a bit overpowered when paired right.

Meh, all they have to do is make it so you uncloak when you use an ability. Seems more like an oversight rather than the ability itself being overpowered.

http://youtu.be/00tE2YCl0EE

Assuming the remove the cloak on ability cast, is that video any different from mine in terms of "power"?

Edited by Seraphyx

Meh, all they have to do is make it so you uncloak when you use an ability. Seems more like an oversight rather than the ability itself being overpowered.

http://youtu.be/00tE2YCl0EE

Assuming the remove the cloak on ability cast, is that video any different from mine in terms of "power"?

I wish I could get my bow to do that.

That cloaking also works on continuous weapons like the Phage. 64 clip and cloak.

Edit: Also apparently Peacemaker uses pistols like Hysteria uses melee, so I could pull out my 6k damage Angstrum (as much as it would pain me not to use the Vastos), just like I can use my 2k damage Galatine with Valkyr.

Edited by HolyMacintosh