Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Devstream] Does Facebook Affect My Chance To Win Plat?

Bibliothekar

Question

So, I tried to type something in the Twitch chat during the last Devstream (hub stress test). However, Twitch told my that my Twitch account isn't enough but I also have to link it to my (non-existing) Facebook account to write in the chat. Now I'm wondering if this affects my chance to win any of the (plat or other) prizes or not.

13 answers to this question

According to what Rebecca has said during streams you do not need a Facebook account.  The winner is drawn from people logged into Twitch and watching but you do not need to be involved in the chat.  If you are logged into Twitch in the left hand panel you should be okay.

Thanks for clearing this up. I don't understand either, why they do this, , but that's what confused me a little - that I couldn't come up with any logical explanation besides legal stuff when picking the winner.

What's with all the people writing "!winner" in the chat?

Do I have to do this in order to participate?

AFAIR from the last devstream, "!winner" is the command for their bot to spin the wheel and draw one. People are just typing it to try and mess with the bot, I guess.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Why does twitch require our facebook information? Basically it's not enough that you login to twitch. If I remember correctly, facebook doesn't own twitch...? So why the need to login with facebook? Doesn't sound safe, especially when there is no point aside from the fact that you will be able to chat. Since we all know that facebook collects data from it's users, makes it even more suspicious.

It would be same as if I would login to Warframe forums but in order to post they would require that I login through my gmail for example.

Why does twitch require our facebook information? Basically it's not enough that you login to twitch. If I remember correctly, facebook doesn't own twitch...? So why the need to login with facebook? Doesn't sound safe, especially when there is no point aside from the fact that you will be able to chat. Since we all know that facebook collects data from it's users, makes it even more suspicious.

It would be same as if I would login to Warframe forums but in order to post they would require that I login through my gmail for example.

It supposedly reduces spam bots. If you need to link an account to Facebook to chat in the stream and you want to use spam bots, you would need to link all the bots to a facebook account. Don't quote me on this but I think you would need to make one account per bot. It is an anti spam thing. 

They're not. I have to do the same for other streams, so it's a Twitch thing. Not DE.

you can turn that option off...

so they do

It supposedly reduces spam bots. If you need to link an account to Facebook to chat in the stream and you want to use spam bots, you would need to link all the bots to a facebook account. Don't quote me on this but I think you would need to make one account per bot. It is an anti spam thing. 

thx 

I think it's a setting (although I can't find it right now, so it could be for Turbo users only), because I could write just fine in a friends chat earlier this week.

As I said, its an option, avaiable to all streamers!

lol can't find it o.o

Edited by Mampfi