Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Archwing Units (Aka Osprey Overpopulation)

DarkSignal

There are at least 12 different types of osprey units in the game now; shield ospreys, mine ospreys, leech ospreys, oxium ospreys, scorching ospreys, lynx ospreys, fusion drones, scavenger drones, the king osprey (Raptor), and uncharacteristically, the frigate, carrier, and corvette.

I understand that the corpus are all for modularity, but it's not a practical design in the vacuum of space. At the very least, the Corpus Corvette, Frigate, and Carrier should look like actual ships similar to the Gox. In fact, I don't care if they look exactly like the gox with some taped on Glaxions, just please, stop making everything look like Ospreys! Anymore of them and they'll have enough power to re-enact Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds".

I personally believe our space ospreys are simply placeholder mate >.>. At least until they flesh out more missions

I'm sure you remember there was a time ancients were simply infested corpus techs  >.< I assume the same will be for our arch-opsreys, for now, but I agree that there should be more to them than what they currently are

Edited by Somedude1000

NO! We need MORE genericbutwithdifferentpaintjob™ Ospreys!

that way we can go like 'hmm, is that a mine? is that a leech? No, it's an osprey! oh wait.'

yea, I can understand the 'generic design' thing is very good for corporations, uniform transport / storage sizes, good availability of spare parts (well, they have that either way with all those blown up drones, but that aside), but in terms of gameplay it gets dull.

Very dull.

I'd love it if the 'slightly-larger-than-normal' ospreys (shield, leech, mine), would have a modified model.

Working from the top down, so the bigger models get reworked first, it will greatly improve diversity imo.