The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double Bladed Sword - Need Visual Design Ideas

Irkie500

Greetings Community!

I have a passion for 3d design and I have never done a weapon before, so I figured I would try my hand at a weapon that does not exist yet. General design ideas are that it is a Tenno based weapon, is two bladed, no innate properties (fire, electric, toxic ect) and that's really it.

Going by traditional Tenno design it should be based off something that can relate to the "real" world so to speak. The Lex for example looks like a stylized Colt 1911, so the sword design should be based off something that already exists, then add some flair.

Tenno weapons tend to be clean and functional with no extra "bits" on them, so the design will be streamlined and look like it could be used in the real world without any special technology.

If anyone can find some solid reference images, either online or their own concept art please share it here, I need some solid ideas to work with. I have a very creative mind but I need at least something to draw inspiration from.

I hope to get it completely modeled and maybe even fire off a render to show off the finished product, and hey maybe if I'm lucky get it in the game!

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I want to get started on this tonight!

Edited by Irkie500

Double bladed? as in this?

Double-Sided.jpg

Or did you mean double edged?

The picture is what I meant. Hard to describe as it can be interpreted in a few different ways.

@momoynator the second sword your talking about is called a wakizashi, which was carried as mainly a defensive blade or backup weapon by samurai. A samurai Miyamoto Musashi is considered to be the founder of dual wielding katanas or possibly a katana and wakizashi, this was considered extremely unconventional for the time and teachings.

See my post directly above yours for what I mean...

I am refering to is basicaly the Bo weapon we have now except with blades instead of blunt ends.

So, something like the Orthos, but with longer swords rather than the current blades?

The second sword your talking about is called a wakizashi, which was carried as mainly a defensive blade or backup weapon by samurai. A samurai Miyamoto Musashi is considered to be the founder of dual wielding katanas or possibly a katana and wakizashi, this was considered extremely unconventional for the time and teachings.

Well... Musashi started to fight with a stick, instead his katana, and was defeating all of his ennemies. One day, one of the opposite dojo master, sent the other best fighter, which was fighting with a ridiculously long katana (don't remember the name). He sent him for a duel with Musashi, in a little open area in a forest. But on the way of Musashi to the place, some Ninjas were hidden in the bushes. Musashi guessed there were some, so he killed them by passing in an other way to go to the place. Once arrived, the other guy was surprised, but then they started the fight. At a moment in the fight, the other guy almost sliced him, but he tooked his sheath and the blocked the move with it. That's when he started the "double blade" style. He fought with his katana in one hand, and the sheath in the other. Musashi finally killed his opponent... with a stick :p

• 1 month later...

well man i have a description for you, the thing is that, it is a description but it is a Twinblade nontheless that i would love to see in this game, i'd be honest it is my own creation but i will be fine if DE only adds twinblades :)

i posted de description here : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/382410-weapon-concept-dual-bladed-swords/#entry4219921 in my own fan concept wich is the same topic as here so hehe well i write it here again

Name of the weapon: Yggdrasil

Description: This dual edged sword has earned its name, the handle looks like a tree trunc with branches on both ends, and more branches that goes along the blades situated at both ends of the handle, as if entwinded in the blades. The handle will be pure white colored, both blades will be near 1m long, one of the blades has both edges jagged through half the length of the blade, and the rest is normal edged and is a deep red color, the other is completly edged, not jagged nor enything, and is a bright golden color, the branches entwinded in the blades are the color of the energy of the blade wich is a bright green.

hope i helped you  with ideas :)

Greetings Community!

I have a passion for 3d design and I have never done a weapon before, so I figured I would try my hand at a weapon that does not exist yet. General design ideas are that it is a Tenno based weapon, is two bladed, no innate properties (fire, electric, toxic ect) and that's really it.

Going by traditional Tenno design it should be based off something that can relate to the "real" world so to speak. The Lex for example looks like a stylized Colt 1911, so the sword design should be based off something that already exists, then add some flair.

Tenno weapons tend to be clean and functional with no extra "bits" on them, so the design will be streamlined and look like it could be used in the real world without any special technology.

If anyone can find some solid reference images, either online or their own concept art please share it here, I need some solid ideas to work with. I have a very creative mind but I need at least something to draw inspiration from.

I hope to get it completely modeled and maybe even fire off a render to show off the finished product, and hey maybe if I'm lucky get it in the game!

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I want to get started on this tonight!

This weapon (as the next poster showed a picture) is not a very functional in combat in my opinion.

It just seems like dual weapons with less flexibility.