Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Acquisition: One Very Unused Way

Renegade343

Hello all,

This thread will be talking about another way to acquire weapons, so that it would lessen the pressure on some players while making certain enemies be more rewarding to play against. The content is below: 

As of now, DE(L) has been making weapons be acquired either through the Market (where it currently tends to have Argon Crystals or other things to delay its building) or through Clan Tech (which is through time walls, but that is acceptable). However, while DE(L) has been adding onto both Clan Tech and the Market, it will start to bloat these two areas, and make it be more cluttered with various weaponry, which would make some weapons within it be ignored, even if it might be needed for some tweaks (not to mention that it would also start to feel a bit bland to continuously add onto the Market and Clan Tech). 

However, there is one way that DE(L) had used in the past, and has been left aside since then: Acquire a weapon from killing a boss. This has been done with Captain Vor (Mercury [seer and Cronus]) and Captain Vor/Lech Kril (Phobos [Miter and Twin Gremlins]), but after that, this method of weapon acquisition has not been used since then. So, the suggestion to increase variety of weapon acquisition is to allow bosses to drop a maximum of two weapons that can only be obtained from defeating them (the pattern would be one weapon that requires the blueprint and resources, and one weapon that requires the blueprint and pre-built parts, given that the two bosses that drop their exclusive weapons have that pattern too).

This would allow the resource cost of the weapons to be decreased (i.e.: No need for Argon Crystals, because the boss itself provides a bit of a wall [as well as the RNG (hopefully fair)]) to allow more players to try them out (not to mention acquire them through actual gameplay), as well as incentivising playing Assassination nodes for a bit of time to try and obtain the new weapons to play with. It would also allow those weapons to have their own Codex lore snippets attached with regards to the bosses (like Captain Vor with his Seer and Cronus) to build a bit of personality with the bosses as well. In short, reusing this way of making new weapons take a bit of time to be obtained would help to freshen up variety of weapon acquisition, make bosses be a bit more rewarding, and also start making bosses feel more like in the game.

Please discuss civilly in this thread.

Renegade343

As long as it's full BP's and not parts, as Strapher mentioned. Took me nearly a month to get the final part for Miter.

On the other hand though, it took me nearly two weeks to obtain all the parts for Trinity, in which I already have enough Miter parts to build two of them. 

I guess RNG might need a bit of work there. 

Yes, this aquisition method is underutilised, from what I understand the upcoming Tyl Regor rework is gonna give him a new weapon, I would much prefer if we got it from him rather than market or clantech (same goes for future weapons and boss reworks).

Hello all,

This thread will be talking about another way to acquire weapons, so that it would lessen the pressure on some players while making certain enemies be more rewarding to play against. The content is below: 

As of now, DE(L) has been making weapons be acquired either through the Market (where it currently tends to have Argon Crystals or other things to delay its building) or through Clan Tech (which is through time walls, but that is acceptable). However, while DE(L) has been adding onto both Clan Tech and the Market, it will start to bloat these two areas, and make it be more cluttered with various weaponry, which would make some weapons within it be ignored, even if it might be needed for some tweaks (not to mention that it would also start to feel a bit bland to continuously add onto the Market and Clan Tech). 

However, there is one way that DE(L) had used in the past, and has been left aside since then: Acquire a weapon from killing a boss. This has been done with Captain Vor (Mercury [seer and Cronus]) and Captain Vor/Lech Kril (Phobos [Miter and Twin Gremlins]), but after that, this method of weapon acquisition has not been used since then. So, the suggestion to increase variety of weapon acquisition is to allow bosses to drop a maximum of two weapons that can only be obtained from defeating them (the pattern would be one weapon that requires the blueprint and resources, and one weapon that requires the blueprint and pre-built parts, given that the two bosses that drop their exclusive weapons have that pattern too).

This would allow the resource cost of the weapons to be decreased (i.e.: No need for Argon Crystals, because the boss itself provides a bit of a wall [as well as the RNG (hopefully fair)]) to allow more players to try them out (not to mention acquire them through actual gameplay), as well as incentivising playing Assassination nodes for a bit of time to try and obtain the new weapons to play with. It would also allow those weapons to have their own Codex lore snippets attached with regards to the bosses (like Captain Vor with his Seer and Cronus) to build a bit of personality with the bosses as well. In short, reusing this way of making new weapons take a bit of time to be obtained would help to freshen up variety of weapon acquisition, make bosses be a bit more rewarding, and also start making bosses feel more like in the game.

Please discuss civilly in this thread.

Renegade343

I guess you never tried to acquire a Miter or were one of the rather lucky ones who got it in a handful of runs. It took me more than 24 runs and was the single most annoying grind I had to suffer at the lower game levels. No thanks if you want weapon drops from bosses and or grinding interceptions go play archwing. 

Edited by Hatzeputt

I guess you never tried to acquire a Miter or were one of the rather lucky ones who got it in a handful of runs. It took me more than 24 runs and was the single most annoying grind I had to suffer at the lower game levels. No thanks if you want weapon drops from bosses and or grinding interceptions go play archwing. 

I have ran through those things, for one, and I know how frustrating it can be. 

And all I said was to make boss drops a way to acquire weapons, and then said that a possible way would be to have one weapon that just needs its blueprint and resources, and one weapon that needs its blueprints and its parts, since that seems to be the pattern that DE(L) was going with the two bosses that drop their weapons.