The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whip

Amistyrja

I don't really think a whip would be any more far-fetched than a glaive. It could utilize a much weaker form of the plasma heating used in the Plasma Sword and Gram in a flexible rod. Have the basic attacks let out fast, low damage lashes that can't stun, and then the charge attack could be a heavier hitting crack of the whip into the target after a wind up, stunning whatever it hits for a bit. On a crit, it applies the same debuff as Loki's Radial Disarm to whatever it hits. I can see it performing poorly against armor, however.

+1 for whip. I was playing gw2 and some of the baddies use whips and was thinking gah it would be badass if I could use that.... Fast forward a few months and now I'm playing WF a perfect game to implement a whip! /want

Is there someone stalking my profile and downvoting my posts? 0_________0

But yep Chamomileable brought up a good point. It shouldn't perform very well against armour since it's not exactly going to be a very hard-hitting weapon >__<

Is there someone stalking my profile and downvoting my posts? 0_________0

But yep Chamomileable brought up a good point. It shouldn't perform very well against armour since it's not exactly going to be a very hard-hitting weapon >__<

Actually, you are right. But on the other side, a whip made of energy, similar to ME for example would do high damage. Well. but that would be a little bit too op since pure energy would cut through everything xD

Well. A normal whip (maybe with some blades attached) would be an awesome ranged melee weapon :D

Actually, you are right. But on the other side, a whip made of energy, similar to ME for example would do high damage. Well. but that would be a little bit too op since pure energy would cut through everything xD

Well. A normal whip (maybe with some blades attached) would be an awesome ranged melee weapon :D

So two ideas, an energy whip and a chain-whip/bladed-whip?

The energy whip sounds like an armor-piercing option and would probably be swung around pretty quickly. I guess the charged attack would have to be weaker to balance it?

A chain whip would be kinda heavy and probably a little difficult to operate. I suppose the Tenno would be swishing it in circles from left to right, hitting all enemies in front of him and towards his sides? It'll probably need a few seconds to gain momentum and reach maximum swinging speed. 

Some like the idea of a charge attack being a lassoing or grappling move, immobilizing a single target and maybe pulling him closer. That could link into a finisher with the Tenno's secondary weapon(she needs one hand to hold the whip).

it would be interesting if it is a hands-free whip attached to the frame as a "tail", or to some frames as "hair plaits/locks". Bonus if it has special attacks that grip and pull legs for staggers, or disarms close enemies by pulling away their weapons,

it would be interesting if it is a hands-free whip attached to the frame as a "tail", or to some frames as "hair plaits/locks". Bonus if it has special attacks that grip and pull legs for staggers, or disarms close enemies by pulling away their weapons,

Um...

But disarming and pulling sounds nice though.

So two ideas, an energy whip and a chain-whip/bladed-whip?

The energy whip sounds like an armor-piercing option and would probably be swung around pretty quickly. I guess the charged attack would have to be weaker to balance it?

A chain whip would be kinda heavy and probably a little difficult to operate. I suppose the Tenno would be swishing it in circles from left to right, hitting all enemies in front of him and towards his sides? It'll probably need a few seconds to gain momentum and reach maximum swinging speed. 

Some like the idea of a charge attack being a lassoing or grappling move, immobilizing a single target and maybe pulling him closer. That could link into a finisher with the Tenno's secondary weapon(she needs one hand to hold the whip).

Awesome idea to introduce different kinds of whips :3

Edited by Venarge

Didnt you see iron man 2? those electric whips slashed cars in half!!!!

But i want a "infected" or bio  whip - soemthing like half organic with rrazorsharp blades on it (so the organic part works as a large muscle, boostign the damage when you whip it).

Armor could be a problem for it (but lets say there is a ...  acid mod for it so it eats through armor).

Didnt you see iron man 2? those electric whips slashed cars in half!!!!

But i want a "infected" or bio  whip - soemthing like half organic with rrazorsharp blades on it (so the organic part works as a large muscle, boostign the damage when you whip it).

Armor could be a problem for it (but lets say there is a ...  acid mod for it so it eats through armor).

that's a nice idea too =D