Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk About Pvp (Dark Sector Conflicts Specifically).

OlaAmio

Well, first of all. Hello to everyone.

Yes, I know there are a lot of threads about this but I want to make one of my point of view.

Let's talk about the known issues about Dark Sector Conflicts it work around a MOBA style that doesn't fit at the game at all. Why is it? Because you know that Warframe it's all about progress, like most MMORPG games you start with almost nothing and you work your path to glory. Well it's known for almost everyone that veteran players have near every weapon and frames maxed out which takes hours and hours of gameplay. You could now think about 'so what?' there is a huge difference of power between a MR2 that luckily have a 5/10 Serration with a MR10 that have all the existing mods maxed. So if devs try to balance the DSC (Dark Sector Conflicts) making it some kind of MOBA but keeping our progression system, why I refer to a MOBA style? simply, because most of the MOBAs are progression match and only for the match to make it more friendly with new players and more competitive but it's not always like that because a premade team with a few strategies game and teamwork could be almost unbeatable. So if you add that to the system progression of Warframe could be (not necessarily but...) a disaster.

My suggestions and ideas to make it more enjoyable competitive and balanced as gamemode are the followings.

1- Take out the MOBA style feature make it work something like conclaves (keeping all your pve progression including weapons and frames ranks) but leaving the objectives we already have. But it will need objectives balance like if the attackers have 20 lives the defenders will have to, or make it timer goal for the defenders if they succed at defending the objective for certain amount of time they will win, if the attackers succed at destroying the core they win, but keeping as it is in my honest opinion it's broken. This solution make it not a friendly gamemode for new players. But could be a possible endgame focused on PvP aside of the conclaves (It could work like conclaves too, with max and minimum caps of conclave rating in each node of DSC).

2- Make it something like CoD (and I'm referring to the first ones CoD1 and 2) (I have seen it as anothers players solution here in forums and I think it could work with a few tweaks) giving all players the same pre-made loadouts which would be friendly to new players as the unique disadvantage they could have will be some gameplay mechanics (pretty much like conclaves but aside from the progression system of pve).

3- Leave it as somekind of MOBA but taking out all the progresion system of pve from this gamemode so that way it could work as every MOBA of course it will need more balance tweaks and such for make it work, probabbly it will need a map change and make it more symmetry for both team so it would be more balanced.

That's all for now I think. Sorry for the bad grammar and orthography I could have. I hope it wasn't that much of a pain reading this walltext.

Of course if you have any question because it wasn't clear enough don't doubt ask about.

Leave any recommendation or possible improves to the DSC. If we all contribute in this, the game and us could have 'THE' PVP endgame (or not endgame just other gameplay experience) it deserves.

1. I agree, the MOBA system is kinda broken and honestly annoying for me. It isn't even friendly to new players, it just handicaps veterans for a short time. Besides the damage in PvP is way too low to warrant not having mods at the beginning of a round.

2. Okay, I kinda have a problem with this one however because I like using my equipment. Plus I really don't trust DE to make good decisions on loadouts.

3. Okay, I'm having some trouble trying to understand that one.

1. I agree, the MOBA system is kinda broken and honestly annoying for me. It isn't even friendly to new players, it just handicaps veterans for a short time. Besides the damage in PvP is way too low to warrant not having mods at the beginning of a round.

2. Okay, I kinda have a problem with this one however because I like using my equipment. Plus I really don't trust DE to make good decisions on loadouts.

3. Okay, I'm having some trouble trying to understand that one.

I think the best option is the first but I tried to make the thread the most impartially I could.

And for the third option I don't know if there is something in particulally that you don't understand or not but I'll do my best to try to explain it better.

The third idea was make it more like DOTA for example leaving the match progression but taking out the MOD system that we have and make it like having pre-made loadouts but made by the players with their own weapons and warframes. Because how it's now is simply broken because having a very complex MOD system paired with the match progression system of the MOBAs don't seem to work for me but is just my opinion. The change of map will be needed for a symmetrical one giving more balance between teams, because as it is now the defenders have plenty of advantage, the respawn as well as objectives will need a change. The XP (Affinity) values need changes a player giving 50 affinity vs a specter giving 300 it's broken. This type of gamemode will need so much tweaks and rebalance of warframes, weapons and lot of things that in my opionion don't worth the effort but who knows maybe DE could make it work.

I think the best option is the first but I tried to make the thread the most impartially I could.

And for the third option I don't know if there is something in particulally that you don't understand or not but I'll do my best to try to explain it better.

The third idea was make it more like DOTA for example leaving the match progression but taking out the MOD system that we have and make it like having pre-made loadouts but made by the players with their own weapons and warframes. Because how it's now is simply broken because having a very complex MOD system paired with the match progression system of the MOBAs don't seem to work for me but is just my opinion. The change of map will be needed for a symmetrical one giving more balance between teams, because as it is now the defenders have plenty of advantage, the respawn as well as objectives will need a change. The XP (Affinity) values need changes a player giving 50 affinity vs a specter giving 300 it's broken. This type of gamemode will need so much tweaks and rebalance of warframes, weapons and lot of things that in my opionion don't worth the effort but who knows maybe DE could make it work.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Yeah I like option 1 the best.

Agree with 1. The situation now for attackers is dumb. It should have always been a timer so that attackers are racing against the clock and promoting alot of aggression. With limited lives, you get aggressive defenders and passive attackers.

I also think that having too many objectives with diverse function would be a good addition. At the moment, its, go to this point, then this point, then press this and shoot this.

Many objectives accomplish 2 things;

1. If there are too many objectives for both sides to try to hold, it will make gameplay chaotic and unpredictable (thus replayable)

2. If each objective accomplishes something different, it promotes teams/clans going in with a strategy and trying to execute instead of unco-ordinated randoms. Strategy and teamwork should be rewarded.

For example, maybe the map starts with 2 routes of approach available to attackers. If the attacking team "blows up" one objective in the map, an alternate route to the main objective is opened. Now defenders need to spread out across 3 routes. Or, defenders need to activate their anti-personal guns by getting to a control room and hacking the systems. So now attackers need to choose what point is most important to attack first.