OBEY ALL SIGNS

SUPREMACY IS DUTY

WANT WASS KOD S

DANGER TOUCHING LIVE WIRES CAN KILL YOU

WANT TO KNOW MORE WASSUP@GRINEERHERE.COM-SYSTEMWIDE

I tried emailing that address but apparently it doesn't exist

Also, sometimes the C's and K's are interchangable

I posted this yesterday

UPDATE: I am not the first one to discover this! Learn more here - http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1bxy1y/grineer_graffiti_and_alphabet_who_knew_they_could/

Thanks to ENBY for pointing this out!

ORIGINAL POST:

Hello, fellow Tenno!

Operative reporting in with a vital piece of intelligence about our vicious adversary - The Grineer Empire. No longer will their hidden messages puzzle our agents in the field for I have deciphered their alphabet!

So, the Devs hinted in the last livestream that they have left clues in some of the released artwork which could help decipher in-game languages. I've checked around a bit and voila! - the Grineer faction image from Fansite Kit features a caption in their language, unimaginatively reading "grineer".

zj0j9cX.jpg

Using this image as a key I was able to decipher most of the grineer alphabet. "Decipher" is a rather strong word, really. Each letter of the grineer alphabet simply corresponds to a letter of English one and grineer basically speak and write English. I have compiled what I uncovered in the following image for your convenience. Note that b j k q x and z are not present, as I haven't come across a text featuring them.

fzpc4Tt.jpg

EDIT: fixed an incorrect "D". Thanks JudgeN for pointing it out!

EDIT2: added letter "B", comma and question mark.

A couple of signs from Grineer Asteroid Outpost biome, which I used to decipher the letters after the five first ones.

BTjnWEt.jpg

This one reads "Supremacy is duty".

UQOVlRV.jpg

And this one reads "If our enemies deserved peace - they would have defeated us".

So, there you have it! Go now and uncover the secrets that grineer marines have scribbled on the walls of the bathrooms!

Came in expecting a joke thread.

Didn't leave.

I posted this yesterday

Could have saved Fedor's time then =) Tenno Operatives don't have much time to browse threads between RL, loc work, loc forum discussion and gameplay. Good work on your job.. but IMO you should have made a thread just like Fedor did.

So can anyone tell me what it says on the sides of the Viper, cause it's certainly not Viper.

u7lux.jpg

Trying the guide(s) I come up with Serberus, which is not realy a word... though maybe the Grineer are just bad at spelling and it should read Cerberus?

So can anyone tell me what it says on the sides of the Viper, cause it's certainly not Viper.

u7lux.jpg

Trying the guide(s) I come up with Serberus, which is not realy a word... though maybe the Grineer are just bad at spelling and it should read Cerberus?

Yeah I make it Serberus too, the Grineer are bad spellers so I would say it means Cerberus

UPDATE: I am not the first one to discover this! Learn more here - http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1bxy1y/grineer_graffiti_and_alphabet_who_knew_they_could/

Thanks to ENBY for pointing this out!

UPDATE 2: Aaand I'm not even the second! Grineer alphabet already posted by Verefor yesterday in the Warframe Lore thread here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/9151-warframe-lore-database-no-cats-in-the-future/page-11#entry336815

ORIGINAL POST:

Hello, fellow Tenno!

Operative reporting in with a vital piece of intelligence about our vicious adversary - The Grineer Empire. No longer will their hidden messages puzzle our agents in the field for I have deciphered their alphabet!

So, the Devs hinted in the last livestream that they have left clues in some of the released artwork which could help decipher in-game languages. I've checked around a bit and voila! - the Grineer faction image from Fansite Kit features a caption in their language, unimaginatively reading "grineer".

zj0j9cX.jpg

Using this image as a key I was able to decipher most of the grineer alphabet. "Decipher" is a rather strong word, really. Each letter of the grineer alphabet simply corresponds to a letter of English one and grineer basically speak and write English. I have compiled what I uncovered in the following image for your convenience. Note that b j k q x and z are not present, as I haven't come across a text featuring them.

fzpc4Tt.jpg

EDIT: fixed an incorrect "D". Thanks JudgeN for pointing it out!

EDIT2: added letter "B", comma and question mark.

A couple of signs from Grineer Asteroid Outpost biome, which I used to decipher the letters after the five first ones.

BTjnWEt.jpg

This one reads "Supremacy is duty".

UQOVlRV.jpg

And this one reads "If our enemies deserved peace - they would have defeated us".

So, there you have it! Go now and uncover the secrets that grineer marines have scribbled on the walls of the bathrooms!

EDIT: Corpus Alphabet was translated by anonymous player here - http://imgur.com/a/FhaZK

Very amazing! Yay for Warframe Lore!