Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave: Limited X Format

Auramaru

Hello,

I bring this idea and this concept to the forums simply because Conclave CAN be enjoyable, but sometimes it just takes the cooperation of the entire conclave community, as the developers don't do enough to make Conclave into a player-friendly game mode.

So I've started developing a "Limited X" Conclave format, where "X" is the number of mods you are allowed to use per item. I.E. "Limited 2" means 2 Warframe mods, 2 Primary mods, 2 Secondary mods, 2 Melee mods. 

I've done a little bit of testing and found it to be fairly fun. It actually breaks the meta away from semi-automatic one-shots, and allows for a logical system involving abilities and also allows for a much larger variety on weapons and warframe choices.

Of course, with only two mods on your gear, your conclave rating will be significantly less, meaning you will most likely be playing on different conclave map than Europa, which should be a breath of fresh air for some of the regulars.

The idea behind this format is to come up with a simple, noob-friendly, competitive Conclave format, in which we can have steadily-paced fights, where recovery from getting shot is possible and where "getting spotted first" doesn't mean the match is over.

I need testers, I need LOADS of testers to find the most broken loadouts possible and let me know what works and what doesn't, I already have a growing list of mods, abilities, and weapons that are BANNED in this format, but I need more feedback.

You might disagree with some of the mod choices, but after some extensive testing, we found Health & Shield mods really made the battles last too long... Neither player had the damage to even take down shields with a clip... Power efficiency mods were banned due to the abuse of spammable abilities.

If people can test Status Chance Weapons, that would be greatly appreciated!

Information:

My in-game name: AuraMau

Limited X
X = Number of allowed mods per item.

Banned Weapons:
-Glaxion (holy jeebus frost procs are busted)

-Penta & Ogris (Both were given a chance and tested, completely busted).

Banned Warframes:
-Limbo (no rift-walkers allowed)

Banned Mods:
-All Health & Shield & Armor mods (Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, Steel Fiber)
-All Dual Stat mods (High Voltage, Pistol Pestilence, etc.) 

Note: Dual Stat mods can be cheap with certain weapons, but they need more testing.
-All power efficiency mods.
-All Primed mods.

-Reflex Guard, Quick Thinking, & Rage

Banned Abilities:
-All ultimate abilities (Nope, no 4 to win here)
-All crowd control abilities. (Bastille, Vortex, Warcry, M Prime)

Map Modifications:
-Depends on the map but LESS HEALTH ORBS = shorter battles.

So far, the most reasonable formats are "Limited 2" and "Limited 3"... Any less mods, it becomes incredibly hard to kill, any more mods and it becomes incredibly easy to kill.

If you want to try it out, invite some friends into Conclave and try this out.  Some of my friends were willing to test it with me and it was a welcome break from the usual one-shot meta.

Edited by AuraMau

Problem: 

Black text on black background is not really going to help your point much. 

what? o_O I'm using white background, I copied most of my post over from facebook post I made, so it should be black anyway. Will attempt to change.... I guess >_>

And anyways, where is that banned Reflex Guard?

Haven't tested it yet.  I figure it will be banned, but I'm not sure.

For the op. Well i see some good point but there is many flaw in that logic.

I can see why vita, redirection and vigor but this would only put frame like zephyr and rhino has only viable.

The 4 skill ban would be bad for some frame since they would not have their vita, redi and vigor with them (mostly caster frame)

dual stat i am ok with that but not with the primed mod since you still have to pay a masive ammount of credit core and conclave point to equip them.

Limbo ban would be useless but if you are planning to stop the 4 skill well he would not be a danger i see a lot of penta going around.

With the cc skill you would kill (again) some caster frame.

For the 2 format thing i am ok with that IF it is 2 forma that you put on those frame since all frame come with 2 and prime one come with 3 (but by doing some it would make prime even more important in those match)

Edited by SabreUr
Removed moderated part

I do not understand why no one answer on this topic, this idea is really good.

Warframe PvP has 2 problems:

1.) The abilities are too strong for PvP

2.) The weapons are too strong for PvP

You can solve the first problem with making all ability upgrades unusable in PvP and the second one with limiting the number of dmg mods (when you equipe all 8 mods your weapon does not deal 8x more dmg, it deals 40-60x more dmg!). Of course this is only the first step, but it would bring much more balance in our PvP.

AuraMau's suggestions would fix a big part of this problems, so PvP would be more enjoyable.

Edited by Feyangol

I do not understand why no one answer on this topic, this idea is really good.

Warframe PvP has 2 problems:

1.) The abilities are too strong for PvP

2.) The weapons are too strong for PvP

You can solve the first problem with making all ability upgrades unusable in PvP and the second one with limiting the number of dmg mods (when you equipe all 8 mods your weapon does not deal 8x more dmg, it deals 40-60x more dmg!). Of course this is only the first step, but it would bring much more balance in our PvP.

AuraMau's suggestions would fix a big part of this problems, so PvP would be more enjoyable.

I played the Limited Format with -iFruit-, FlyingThund3rGod, and CaptainWinge, and all of us applied ourselves to the "two mods per item" rule.  It go interesting because the weapon variety instantly became much more vast than before.  

Instead of focusing on mobility, we streamlined builds to do what little damage we could: including our warframes

Popular Warframe choices:

-Frost (snow globe was super useful),

-Oberon (Smite causes knockdown and does tons of damage

-Mirage (Between Eclipse & Hall of Mirrors, she wrecks)

Popular Weapon choices:

-Kronen (Their base spin damage was high enough to two-shot)

-Dragon Nikana (Damaaaage)

-Brakk (Damaaaaaaaage)

- Syndicate Weapons in general (Damaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage)

-Primaries weren't really an option, their TTK was too slow... like REALLY REALLY SLOW

People would use these abilities along with their weapons in order to survive.  Fights were longer, insta-kills were not even possible.  I really do think that this "Limited Conclave" gametype would be something that older players could enjoy while newer players won't feel completely thrashed due to their lack of mods.  The extensive ban list is a bit overwhelming at first, but it is necessary to be specific, consistent, and precise when dealing with the idea of "balance".

I highly suggest giving the game mode a go with some of your friends and tell me what you think.

By the way,

300-700 Conclave Rating (Sedna)

This is a good range for conclave rating for this gametype.