Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need Some Advice.

zooke90909

So, before the end of this year, I will either have a root canal or have a tooth pulled out. I cannot decide which I should do.

I have looked all over some websites, and talked to some people that I know in real life, yet I still can't decide. I am just afraid that I will make the wrong choice.

The tooth in question is my 1st molar on my right side. I do not have my wisdom teeth grown in yet, and so if I get it pulled, my wisdom tooth may help with the gap.

But that is a big maybe.

One of the big reasons that I am so scared about making the wrong choice, is that my dad has had 2 root canals, and both failed. My mom has had 2, and 1 failed, and one of the people I talked to at my school who had one, it failed.

I just want to know if anyone here could maybe help me choose.

And as a final note, the cost of each, after the co-pay from our insurance, is $190 for the Root canal, then $190 for the cap that would be put on top of it after that. Or just $40 for getting the tooth pulled.

Thank you for reading.

No, I would honestly just have the tooth pulled since you still have your wisdom teeth. The gap will more than likely close up because of it; and even moreso than the root canal succeeding.

Furthermore, it might save you from complications later if you had needed your wisdom tooth pulled.

No, I would honestly just have the tooth pulled since you still have your wisdom teeth. The gap will more than likely close up because of it; and even moreso than the root canal succeeding.

Furthermore, it might save you from complications later if you had needed your wisdom tooth pulled.

What this guy said.