The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Balance All Elemental Damage Mods

geninrising

Looking at elemental damage mods cause one to immediately see an imbalance in the elemental damage capabilities of all melee weapons. Currently two of our four melee elemental damage mods sit at 90% damage the other two at a mere 60% damage making them unnecessary at all to those of us with the event Cryotic and Tethra mod set. The two at 90% are Molten Impact and Fever Strike( I am aware that toxic as a general rule is weaker versus lots of infested units however the combination of both equals gas which is great versus infested trash mobs). I am unsure if this is a design choice implemented to give more of a fighting edge to melee weapons versus infested or if it is just an oversight on the developers part but I would like to see both North Wind and Shocking touch receive this buff as well in the interest of fairness to those that would prefer a higher base elemental percentage over the 60% damage + 60% status(which lets be real is near worthless on melee weapons).

• 4 weeks later...

Nerf them all so that we don't stack them blindly anymore.

I would honestly love to see a change in how modding works to move potentially in other valid directions than Damage but the problem I see is that weapons are meant to KILL a target. How will changing damage make them more effective at doing so, or even AS effective at doing so?

I have been in many conversations about the current direction of "false choice" mods such as serration/hornet strike/Primed point blank/split chamber/hells chamber/ barrel diffusion. How would DE possibly replace these with things we would not be frustrated or angered by?

I would honestly love to see a change in how modding works to move potentially in other valid directions than Damage but the problem I see is that weapons are meant to KILL a target. How will changing damage make them more effective at doing so, or even AS effective at doing so?

I have been in many conversations about the current direction of "false choice" mods such as serration/hornet strike/Primed point blank/split chamber/hells chamber/ barrel diffusion. How would DE possibly replace these with things we would not be frustrated or angered by?

Before we do this we have to fix armor scaling and reign in the power creep.  A good place to start might be the example set by the Archwing mod set.  There's still a BEST BUILD for pretty much everything but sacrificing a damage mod or two is actually worth it on most weapons.  

+1, definitely needs change.

There is the Focus system which is still in the works. I have also heard rumours (if someone could clarify with links that'd be great!) about DE changing/removing Serration/etc and having the weapon stats level up kind of like warframes and/or their abilities. With some extra detail behind this theory it could be a promising one.

Focus was apparently scrapped when they removed ability mods. :/

Actually per the latest devstream they are still working on it. The problem is that the previous iterations of it did not fit with the current evolution of the game so they scrapped those iterations and had to start over.

I believe they do less damage because waaay back in the past, cold and 'lecky and innate slows and stuns of much more useful utility than the other two mods effects. A benefit they no longer have.

So evening it out would be appreciated :)

I believe they do less damage because waaay back in the past, cold and 'lecky and innate slows and stuns of much more useful utility than the other two mods effects. A benefit they no longer have.

So evening it out would be appreciated :)

Hell I'd prefer they remove damages from them period and give us back our automatic procs for some CC effect!