Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone ever get bum rushed by almost everyone in a mission?

Mak_Gohae

I was playing a capture mission, i think that's what it's called, the one where you grab the NPC and he screams like a maniac when being captured, and i start alone so because i am alone i sneak around and kill a couple folks all sneaky-like until i am seen by a flying robot and all hell breaks loose. I literally dont stop fighting for the next 10 minutes straight, or at least it seemed that long. Stuff just keeps coming and coming....i couldnt move forward. It was like 75% of the enemies in the stage to ran to the room i was in.

Is this a normal type of encounter or was it some sort of bug? Cause usually when the alert is given you get a few dudes, a squad, coming to your position. You get the dudes that are in the room your are in and the next one coming towards you but for this mission it seemed like the whole ship responded.

I was playing a capture mission, i think that's what it's called, the one where you grab the NPC and he screams like a maniac when being captured, and i start alone so because i am alone i sneak around and kill a couple folks all sneaky-like until i am seen by a flying robot and all hell breaks loose. I literally dont stop fighting for the next 10 minutes straight, or at least it seemed that long. Stuff just keeps coming and coming....i couldnt move forward. It was like 75% of the enemies in the stage to ran to the room i was in.

Is this a normal type of encounter or was it some sort of bug? Cause usually when the alert is given you get a few dudes, a squad, coming to your position. You get the dudes that are in the room your are in and the next one coming towards you but for this mission it seemed like the whole ship responded.

you stayed too much in the same room and the enemy kept on spawning again and again

you stayed too much in the same room and the enemy kept on spawning again and again

No it wasnt that, it was literally a full wave of enemies coming in closely followed by another which started when i trigered the alert. It was like 5/6 Corpus shooters, 3 shockstick dudes, 3 small walkers, a couple flying bots, and a yellow stompy walker all on top of each other constantly. I started in the middle section of a stage so there was a bunch of space behind me with enemies and i could tell from them popping in behind me once in a while when the "i stayed too long spawns," happen.

Unless it was because i was playing with Loki so i dont have offensive abilities and the game expected you to bust through them in seconds with special attacks.

Invisibility, run. :) I am glad when I get waves like that - they usually happen in difficulty 3/4 missions. Love the challenge and target-rich environments.

I thought of doing that but i came to the conclusion that they would just come and find me when i popped back up farther down.

Possible you were standing in a room in view of a camera in the wall or ceiling. I usually enjoy when this happens though. It's great for material farming and mod drops.

Yeah it was exciting but it was also crazy.