The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe D-Pad Down Needs Improvement

(PSN)jensyao

(I posted this in the wrong section, sorry in advance if you read this before)

Before update 15.5, the d-pad down automatically had the cog wheel for available equipment

now, it's a 2 step process. d-pad down and then right or left stick with a different button affirmation [x] or square

I need the equipment wheel on the right side and gestures on the left side

I don't have time to be in game to panic-drop a energy or health restore with that many steps

also, i need the buttons staggered. because the d-pad and left joystick for equipment drops are on the same side, my thumb has do some outrageous finger fumbling just to get out an energy restore against wave 40, level 55 enemies in survival

I need that edge back 

please change it so that the equipment cog is activated by d-pad and then right joystick with an [x] for activation -- that is more important you keep it consistent with the old habits -- I could really care less about the new gestures

===

also, have you noticed there is too much sound and sight stimulation? especially when people trying to invite you, new alerts on the side, syndicate leaders taking up the whole page just to talk to you, foundry items, ordis talking that nonsense, jingle bells, your dog barking at you...there's too much mental stimulation even with the sound off

I also hate it when you're doing an excavation or survival, the woman overlaps the excavator health and life support level...i can care less about what she says because she always say a variation of the same thing..

please allow us the option to turn off video messages of that woman, ordis, and syndicate leaders during missions and in your ship

Yes!! I was about to write about that!

Whoever came up this D-pad gestures and L-pad gear(And pressing square to activate it) should really consider spending more time playing more warframe on ps4

Also yes for the 2nd point.!

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

I have an idea, that the gear menu should switch back to the old style, but with a button (maybe square) to switch from the gear wheel to the emotes wheel. That way we only have one wheel on screen at a time. By default the gear wheel would come up first as to not make any problems for people who need quick access to there gear in battle. I think this would be much more useful since emotes aren't really one of those quick actions you need in battle.

I can't even remember how many times I needed energy restore and ended up dying because of the stupid gear layout. Quick access to my gear is a fundamental priority in Warframe. Emotes are completely useless and a dumb addition to the game. I guess someone though it was cute in Destiny and thought it would be nice to steal it for warframe.

So they copied Syndicates and emotes, whats next? weekly strikes on a tileset with multiple bosses.

I actually wouldn't complain about having strikes. But before you go into saying they copied syndicates and emotes, emotes was a largely requested community feature, and as for syndicates, they may have been planned for a long time like the Liset and relays.

The Liset was planned for so long, it's in the 2004 trailer for Dark Sector.

Sometimes I feel they should have stuck the item wheel on our companions. So when you get low on ammo the Sentinel chimes in with a "do you want your ammo pack?"

Then you could hit yes or no. Of course that means you'd get a lot of question boxes as you play. Or perhaps given smaller wheel so you can break it down to very essential moments with some selection modifiers in place like donot ask unless you hit 54 in health. Things of that nature so you can set your own parameters on your ship.