The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus In Bloom [Ooc]

Temperance000

*tackle hugs Big and shackles him to the thread*

"You are going nowhere!  Bwahahahaha!"

+++

Apropos of nothing, I recently had a thought about how we've been handling time in this thread, which is to say, not at all.  Normally, I've hand-waved this with "IC-time is a actually ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-whimey stuff" but with so many characters doing so many things at once, all in a relatively small space, I thought it might not be a bad idea to establish some sort of post-to-time correlation.  We could do this in standard units, e.g. "one post = approximately 3 minutes of IC time" or slightly softer measurements tailored to our setting, e.g. "one post = time to cross 1/3 of the Manifold."

These are just a few of my preliminary thoughts on the matter, and I would like input from everyone before we implement anything definite in the IC.  Naturally, the "one post = x unit of time" correlation could be overridden in the post itself if necessary; this is just to give us a better reference frame for exactly what everyone is doing at a given point.  I personally am somewhat partial to the "one post = time to do a certain action" system, but again, I would like to hear from you all before settling on anything definite.

Edited by Temperance000

*tackle hugs Big and shackles him to the thread*

"You are going nowhere!  Bwahahahaha!"

+++

Apropos of nothing, I recently had a thought about how we've been handling time in this thread, which is to say, not at all.  Normally, I've hand-waved this with "IC-time is a actually ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-whimey stuff" but with so many characters doing so many things at once, all in a relatively small space, I thought it might not be a bad idea to establish some sort of post-to-time correlation.  We could do this in standard units, e.g. "one post = approximately 3 minutes of IC time" or slightly softer measurements tailored to our setting, e.g. "one post = time to cross 1/3 of the Manifold."

These are just a few of my preliminary thoughts on the matter, and I would like input from everyone before we implement anything definite in the IC.  Naturally, the "one post = x unit of time" correlation could be overridden in the post itself if necessary; this is just to give us a better reference frame for exactly what everyone is doing at a given point.  I personally am somewhat partial to the "one post = time to do a certain action" system, but again, I would like to hear from you all before settling on anything definite.

All powerful Ash powers teleport.

Seems like a good idea in concept, but will need time to smooth out the rough edges.

I think you can write a park/garden room for yourself, Drake.  My hope with this Tower was that other people besides me would start to take a hand in building the setting, just to make things feel a little more organic.

If you want me to write an entrance to Reading Room 3 for you, I'd be happy to do so.  Otherwise, please proceed on your own.

Hey all!  Me again.

So, in response to some candid feedback I've received in the chat recently, I've decided to accelerate the pacing of this story.  The Orokin colony arc will be fused into the finale and Pollux will become our final destination.  I will also be adding some slightly more concrete IC goals, so you all have a better idea of what to do when I try to step back and say "write what you want."  It is my hope that this will help us close out Lotus in Bloom a bit stronger than we started.

Thanks for bearing with me,

Temperance000

Basically, we're off following a wild goose of a signal into the far reaches of uncharted space.  Aside from the mandatory bit of trouble that comes from exploring the great unknown, I'm trying to steer some of the characters towards uncovering certain facts about Temperance.

We got a Chatango chat. And storywise we just left the origin system for deep space and came across a Orokin Tower, a (seemingly) friendly one even.

Basically, we're off following a wild goose of a signal into the far reaches of uncharted space.  Aside from the mandatory bit of trouble that comes from exploring the great unknown, I'm trying to steer some of the characters towards uncovering certain facts about Temperance.

That sounds like LOTS of fun. Wild Goose chases are the best chase.

Holy crap I missed quite a lot. Hello everyone and happy 'Murica Day. Just thought I'd stop by and say hey, I know I said I would be joining the thread awhile ago but I kinda forgot about it. I've also been doing other things to try and uhhhh.... Relieve the grief?

I'm doing a lot better. I may not be joining anymore but I've been hanging around and reading, its quite the good one. Hope you're all doing well and if anything changes I'll let you know.

Edited by MasterDread