Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charge Melee Attacks Should Be Added Back In.

steviechapn

Well, it's not stated in-game but combos from stance mods have additional effects and multipliers.  Like a lot of the strikes in Crimson Dervish are notable for dealing 3x damage (others deal 1.5x to 2x in some hits), various other stances have attacks that force knockdowns or various procs, etc.

Not to mention that channeling, the replacement for charge attacks, grants a power bonus while not being slower, and can similarly be modded up like charge attacks could.

Both of those combined, along with the buff that most melee weapons got in Melee 2.0, means that most melee weapons can do a lot more damage now than they could before with charge attacks, with additional effects possible via channeling mods like life steal and junk.

Well, it's not stated in-game but combos from stance mods have additional effects and multipliers.  Like a lot of the strikes in Crimson Dervish are notable for dealing 3x damage (others deal 1.5x to 2x in some hits), various other stances have attacks that force knockdowns or various procs, etc.

Not to mention that channeling, the replacement for charge attacks, grants a power bonus while not being slower, and can similarly be modded up like charge attacks could.

Both of those combined, along with the buff that most melee weapons got in Melee 2.0, means that most melee weapons can do a lot more damage now than they could before with charge attacks, with additional effects possible via channeling mods like life steal and junk.

I don't care about damage. Okay? I want the FEEL charge attacks had, especially with heavy melee, charging running into a crowd and BLAMMO, sending enemies flying was the best thing in the world.

There is still not a reason why charge attacks can't come back as it's own combo. Just "Hold E to perform a charge attack". How hard would that be? Throwing weapons has it, and it works great. the damage argument doesn't work because DE could easily balance it. 

Charge attacks would just add more diversity between melee weapons, which is always needed.

I don't care about damage. Okay? I want the FEEL charge attacks had, especially with heavy melee, charging running into a crowd and BLAMMO, sending enemies flying was the best thing in the world.

There is still not a reason why charge attacks can't come back as it's own combo. Just "Hold E to perform a charge attack". How hard would that be? Throwing weapons has it, and it works great. the damage argument doesn't work because DE could easily balance it. 

Charge attacks would just add more diversity between melee weapons, which is always needed.

Okay so you just want a plain charge attack. Hope you know there is going to be no boosting charge damage or speed or stamina because melee 2.0 with channeling is here! You just want a attack animation (or feel of the attack) in the end of it. 

Charge attacks and copter were the only reason I meleed back then. Now? I just copter... Practicality, guns still hurt more and you still have to run up to aimbotting enemies to hurt them.

I'd like to see a poll of the people who actually do sword alone.

this, with how fast paced the game is the time it takes you to equip your melee and do a combo you're way better just using your guns.

the only time i equip melee is to see if how much exp they need for the next level and to do dances at the end while i wait for others to reach extraction

Edited by armando92

There is absolutely no reason charge attacks should have been removed with melee 2.0. Every stance mod has a few combos listed on it that can be performed while not in stance. We know these combos as ground slams, slide attacks, and wall attacks. Why can't a charge attack be one of them? How hard would it be to add another one of these out-of-stance combos? Charge attack mods could be re-implemented. Perhaps there could even be mods that would increase charge attack speed or damage while channeling? Charge attacks would make melee lose nothing, while restoring an old, beloved mechanic, giving the use of melee an all new visceral satisfaction, and potentially vastly improving old favorites such as the Orthos or Galatine.