Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

L4Z0Rz And Pew Cannons

Kaelywn

So this has been bugging me a LOT ever since they've been out.

The Opticor. A laser cannon. Does puncture damage with no innate punch through...

The Velocitus. A rail cannon. Does magnetic damage with innate punch through...

Did they flip these by accident?

Laser. High intensity beam of photons (radiation) that can burn/sear through most things.

Rail/Gauss Cannon. Magnetic coils powered to launch a ferromagnetic slug at high speeds using electromagnetic force.

Could we please have the Opticor do innate radiation damage and punch through while the Velocitus does puncture damage (with or without punch through)?

It just makes so much more sense that way as opposed to as it is now

Sincerely,

A stickler for Science

EDIT: Changed "magnetic" to "radiation"... m'bad guys

Edited by Kailean

I just laugh at people who try to bring logic and sense into a world that takes place millions of years from now.

Totally agree with 2nd reply on topic.

No, we don't want another stupid nerf, you don't like it? Don't use it.

You don't like the game because nothing makes any sense? Don't play it. But don't destroy fun for others... If everything slowly gets nerfed.... I don't have words.

Edited by Jaskaran498

I just laugh at people who try to bring logic and sense into a world that takes place millions of years from now.

Totally agree with 2nd reply on topic.

No, we don't want another stupid nerf, you don't like it? Don't use it.

You don't like the game because nothing makes any sense? Don't play it. But don't destroy fun for others... If everything slowly gets nerfed.... I don't have words.

I laugh at people that give terribly biased reasons for reasonable requests and write in troll fashion along with adding the "dont like it dont use it" reasoning as if it holds any ground

As stickler for science, having Opticor do magnetic makes no sense whatsoever >_> sorry (heat, slash and/or puncture). But yeah it should have some innate punch-through.

Velocitus doesn't make a whole lot of sense no, they need to either add physical damage types or make it only physical.

And lets not over think punch-through, unless we want a lot more guns to get damage dropoff, and gimp punch-through in the process.

There is a point where realism isn't conducive of making a game more fun. Especially in a sci-fi setting.

Edited by Lynxh

the day this game becomes realistic is the day it ceases to be Warframe (literally, the Warframes are in no way possible with what we know about science. Realistic means no Warframes, bullet weapons wouldn't be hitscan while Corpus Lasers would be, the Void wouldn't exist, we'd have to actually pick up resources, credits, and ammo, mods wouldn't exist as we know them...)

I'm just suggesting this because it makes a little more sense. I know it's a game and I know the science in it is fiction, but having the Opticor have innate punch through and deal Radiation damage isn't a nerf, it's a buff.

Currently, the Opticor does massive puncture damage yet stops at the first target. You fire down a corridor and this massive laser, kills 1 person. Just thinking it makes more sense and would be more awesome if a LASER is able to sear down a corridor, boring through everything in its path because of the intensity.

And the Velocitus dealing magnetic damage doesn't even begin to fit with the canon of it being a Rail Gun. In fact, it should deal puncture AND impact damage. It's a high velocity slug of solid metal flying at high speeds. It's going to hit hard and rip through whatever it hits.

Additionally:

1) I love the Opticor, I have 5 forma my baby already and I'm not going to stop using it.

2) I only posted this suggestion because, well, the idea of a laser being a laser and a rail gun being a rail gun would be nice.

3) Shotguns are no where near as inaccurate as the game depicts. In fact, the Hek is possibly the most realistic of the shotguns in Warframe because every other shotgun acts like there's no barrel and an exposed shell just cooked off in your hand. So dropoff of shotguns should actually be EXTENDED with less spread.

4) On Venus, it rains LIQUID METHANE. No offence but, Venus is covered in volcanoes, has a balmy 462 °C surface temperature and yet methane, which is a gas here on earth, is RAINING DOWN on Venus. The pressure is so high that it negates the heat that should have turned it to plasma and even turns it into a liquid. So having FROZEN METHANE on Venus doesn't sound far fetched to me.