The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I Please Get An Option To Disable The Load Screen?

Flowen231

Ever since the last load screen was put into the game I have not been able to play with others without getting kicked from the room or others dropping from games I host. My internet is working 100%, and I have my router ports activated. For some reason, the game also freezes as I get to the load screen for a bit, while this happens only warframe is stuck, my CPU usage is still under 20 and everything but warframe is working perfectly.

I'm not asking for much, I just want to have a generic loading screen that doesn't bug the game out. I understand that you guys have ship skins installed, and that's a moneymaker for you guys, but I just want to be able to load into games with friends in just 1 go instead of having to try 8 times.

This is a bug that I have been experiencing too. It has been fixed and reintroduced a few times for me, with 15.8 bringing it back again.

The first third of the loading bar runs at 1-2fps, making loading take a minute or two. If it doesn't slow down I usually load in about 5 seconds.

Well this is my first time experiencing it. But it is here. Game freezes on loading screen for a good chunk of time.

I haven't felt it at all on my desktop PC, but now when I play on me netbook in my parents house, it really hurts. And there was no issue with playing on my netbook before they introduced player ship. Really start to think that old menu and loading screen should stay as an option for those that use older PCs.

You would load in even faster without all the usual buzz and only a warframe logo in the middle. On top of tracking the other players loading data and constantly sending it to you, the game needs to load the ship, flying (wind) effects, skybox, ship colors, movement, hull skin (if one, still has to check if a player has it though even if no one does) and it has to load that all with seconds, because there can't be too much of a delay between when the camera fades out when you're in the liset and between the loading screen.

How intriguing, someone posts the same topic as I did, albeit in a different section. Lets just say that some people want to actually play the game rather than view fancy loading screens.

This also goes to show that many people are probably experiencing this issue, but just aren't coming to the forums for whatever reason. it really is something that should not be ignored.

Edited by Racercowboy

How intriguing, someone posts the same topic as I did, albeit in a different section. Lets just say that some people want to actually play the game rather than view fancy loading screens.

This also goes to show that many people are probably experiencing this issue, but just aren't coming to the forums for whatever reason. it really is something that should not be ignored.

I am sure many players are tolerating it. I`m one of them. I try to put up many things with this especially the new enemies.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem.

DE please just put the update pictures in the loading screen it looks fine and the current loading screen just increases the loading time and for me as soon as the loading screen appears i get a huge lag spike/freeze, then if the loading bar moves i get into the game if it doesn't move i just get kicked.

Once i get out of the lag spike/freeze the loading bar is empty. So this means the loading screen is the reason for this. We need an option to get a simple loading screen like just a picture (new prime addition and new frames etc) The old loading screens (just a picture) did the job fine.

Please DE please it cant be that hard to do as it was in the game before

i have to agree, load times were alot faster without this new ship screen.  as cool as it is to view other peoples ships, the game loads much slower, and my frame rate is taking huge dips because of my own connection, not to mention that the game updating how the ships move AND the game itself is causing disconnections...

This issue seems to be connected to Multithreaded Rendering (which can be disabled in the launcher).

Disabling it removed the issue with the loading screen for me, but it seems to make more hitches occur ingame.

Relevant thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/376299-multithreaded-rendering-killing-load-times/

Edited by egregiousRac