The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Big Deal About Glaive?

Kantazo

well, between the time you charge the glaive, switch weap, aim and shoot i can easly kill 2 guys too with much less trouble

and i'm not that good. So yeah, you must have an aiming problem if you think it's faster to throw the glaive at one and shoot the other with a weap

well, between the time you charge the glaive, switch weap, aim and shoot i can easly kill 2 guys too with much less trouble

and i'm not that good. So yeah, you must have an aiming problem if you think it's faster to throw the glaive at one and shoot the other with a weap

a) I dont know what weapon I am switching to -- when you launch the glaive you can immediately shoot

b) Dont be rude -- what I was pointing out is that there could be conditions where the glaive is more useful than just being cool

c) You can use the charge time to your benefit.  If there are enemies around you that you havent focused on, you start charging the throw, and by the time you have pinned them in your crosshair (same as you would to shoot them), the glaive is charged and releases.  At that time, you consider the mob dead and move onto the next mob and shoot them in the head.

d) Once you get used to the flight path, you can regularly hit 2 mobs with one glaive, which further increases its efficiency using the hybrid approach outlined in ©

If you havent used the Glaive, dont bash it.  If you have and dont like it or think its inefficient, then thats your viewpoint and its fine.

Personally, after using it for only the weekend.  I am starting to find conditions where it can really increase my total DPS.

Have you actually used the glaive? Because if not, why are you arguing? It is definitely much faster to toss the glaive in one direction and turn around killing other guys as it goes off and does it's own thing. But of course, not only that, it saves ammo, as what melee weapons do in this game.

Edited by CadenFall

Please name any other ranged weapon that can kill a lvl 30 Grineer heavy in 1 attack while at lvl 15?

Please name any other ranged weapon that can stun a charging ancient at range?

Please name any other ranged weapon that can kill a lvl 30 Infested ancient in 1 attack at lvl 15?

It's pretty good single target and as stated used in conjunction with firing your weapons is a nice stream of damage.

I've got to say though.. the more powerful melee weapons out now (DHS, DEthers, Gram/Scindo, Furax) really blow it out of the water in terms of functionality.

But then again.. they arn't as unique either, which holds a lot of value.

It's pretty good single target and as stated used in conjunction with firing your weapons is a nice stream of damage.

I've got to say though.. the more powerful melee weapons out now (DHS, DEthers, Gram/Scindo, Furax) really blow it out of the water in terms of functionality.

But then again.. they arn't as unique either, which holds a lot of value.

While those melee weapons do more damage, I prefer the Glaive because I use it as a ranged weapon so that way I can use more powerful guns for close range like the gorgon or shotguns. Also an Ice dealing Glaive is the most wonderful thing you can have on charging infested ancients in my opinion.

shiny

Edit : People who claim that it has nothing to do with the weapon and about how it was released is just deluding themselves. If they released the dual ethers swords like this people would NOT have cared at all. They realized that the Glaive was an awesome weapon and gave it a buy or alert option, EXACTLY LIKE POTATOES, people who claim there is no precedence for this just haven't realized that they thought this out and tried to make some money on their game.

I have said this too many times to care anymore but once more.

the glaive unlike anything else adds a BRAND NEW mechanic to the game and as such should be made with the same avalibilty as the first shotgun/rifle/pistol/melee.

Please name any other ranged weapon that can kill a lvl 30 Grineer heavy in 1 attack while at lvl 15?

Please name any other ranged weapon that can stun a charging ancient at range?

Please name any other ranged weapon that can kill a lvl 30 Infested ancient in 1 attack at lvl 15?

that is so totally irrelevant to my post, read the whole discussion instead of answering randomly, i'm not going to bother answering that.

a) I dont know what weapon I am switching to -- when you launch the glaive you can immediately shoot

b) Dont be rude -- what I was pointing out is that there could be conditions where the glaive is more useful than just being cool

c) You can use the charge time to your benefit.  If there are enemies around you that you havent focused on, you start charging the throw, and by the time you have pinned them in your crosshair (same as you would to shoot them), the glaive is charged and releases.  At that time, you consider the mob dead and move onto the next mob and shoot them in the head.

d) Once you get used to the flight path, you can regularly hit 2 mobs with one glaive, which further increases its efficiency using the hybrid approach outlined in ©

If you havent used the Glaive, dont bash it.  If you have and dont like it or think its inefficient, then thats your viewpoint and its fine.

Personally, after using it for only the weekend.  I am starting to find conditions where it can really increase my total DPS.

a) nope, there's an animation just like any other melee weap when your character grab his weapon from his back or his leg

b) if you get offended because i asked if you were arthritic, you're not going to survive a long time on the interweb and i never ever said the glaive was useless, i just implied if you know how to aim you'll kill things faster with a gun most of the time

c) Yep you can, and you also can just kill a mob instead of charging the Glaive, you said it was faster to charge the glaive and kill. Well, unless you use the lex which is very slow firing (and even then) it's simply not faster if you know how to aim.  It probably is faster if you randomly spread bullets in the body with light machinegun though (i call people who do that arthritic)

d) it's more about them being lined up than you being used to the weapon to be honest but i don't see how it's relevant the charge+fire thing

Except DERebecca specifically stated that personal attacks WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

That is a personal attack.

Asking if he is arthritic? Maybe if he said 'Are you autistic?'.

I'm not entirely sure I follow. I probably would have asked if there was some sort of problem hindering gameplay too. While he certainly wasn't elegant he wasn't exactly being vicious.

Except DERebecca specifically stated that personal attacks WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

That is a personal attack.

Asking if he is arthritic? Maybe if he said 'Are you autistic?'.

I'm not entirely sure I follow. I probably would have asked if there was some sort of problem hindering gameplay too. While he certainly wasn't elegant he wasn't exactly being vicious.

250px-HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

Edited by Soulfighter

its because of Dark Sector that the glaive built a reputation for it to be made... I made thread, after thread about and tried to build popularity for it. Not so much the action, not so much the fact its thrown, just Dark Sector, and how cool Hayden looked when using it. That is the only reason we care.

If it had been left alone and not defended, I'd not have even bothered pointing it out. The way he defended it made it clear what the intentions were (a "suck it up, cupcake" response to a request to not be rude is inflammatory... if it wasn't meant to be rude, it would have been "Sorry, not how I meant it.").

its because of Dark Sector that the glaive built a reputation for it to be made... I made thread, after thread about and tried to build popularity for it. Not so much the action, not so much the fact its thrown, just Dark Sector, and how cool Hayden looked when using it. That is the only reason we care.

There is some truth to this. It was already something that some of the community wanted - so when DE mentioned it was coming that started that positive charge. Once enough hype has built up - and it really doesn't take much - it starts to become self-sustaining. All momentum and all expectation.

If it had been left alone and not defended, I'd not have even bothered pointing it out. The way he defended it made it clear what the intentions were (a "suck it up, cupcake" response to a request to not be rude is inflammatory... if it wasn't meant to be rude, it would have been "Sorry, not how I meant it.").

Yeah, alright, I can understand that. 

That leans just a little too far on the side of counterproductive to sit well with me.

Not if its funny... Plus messing with us isn't counter productive it makes us more into the game. Plus get people rallied enough to move out and get it.