Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] Should We Be Allowed To Have Full Freedom Of Movement In The Archwing?

TheHourMan

I have had the archwing since day one, and I find something about it lacking. It just doesn't feel like I'm flying around in outer space in the missions. It feels too restricted and constrained to our understanding of gravity still. I can look up until it stops and vice versa, which is not something you can really do in space.

I think that when we aren't bound to the ground, we shouldnt be bound to "up and down" any more. From what I have heard, DE said that they didn't want to include full axis control in the Archwing because we would get confused. That's understandable... if they were thinking of the newbies who haven't gotten the hang of it yet... I think many aspects in warframe need that hardcore edge of having complete control of your character. I mean come on, if 12 year olds in battlefied can do it in jets, I'm pretty sure we can do it in space. Really guys. 

Please DE, please dont hold my hand. I want a hardcore experience, and adding bullet sponge enemies that one-shot you is not a legitimate challenge. Maneuvering through obstacles and enemies with full 360 degree control however, what a rush that would be!

Please vote here on what you think it should be: http://goo.gl/T9JlbX

So much this. Just, infinite this.

It would probably make gameplay LESS disorienting, as long as enemies and terrain aren't all "right-side up".

Also, if you MUST have a down, at least put the planet below us. That just makes more sense, and is much less arbitrary.

The clear up and down has been the most disorientating part about Archwing for me, I really hope that they do address this. I love Archwing, and I do understand their concerns for no clear up and down being too much; however, most other games that have characters in space do not have a clear up or down, resulting in their attempt to make it more approachable actually hindering some people's expected experience. Due to the amount of people that do like the clear up and down most likely being higher than even the poll, a toggle does seem to be the best option.

+1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...