Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Faction Name Clarification

(PSN)kiddplay13

Ok so we all know the Weapon Faction Names by now, if you didn't here they are(Sorry if i misspell some Faction Names as they as most likely made-up words)

Vandal: Corpus

Dex: Tenno

Wraith: Grineer (Latron Wriath is an exception[strun isn't confirmed to be Tenno made I have no clue])

Vaykor: Steel Meridian

Synoid: Cephalon Suda 

Secura: Perrin Sequence

Rakta: Red Veil

Sancti: New Loka

Prime: Orokin(?)

Now the things that get me are what I call dead end Faction names like

Dragon:????

Mara:???(Says Mara Detron is used by Corpus Smugglers but that most likely can't apply to the whole Mara Faction[or maybe it does]

MK1: Used by Starter Tenno but no real manufacturer

Now the reason i made this is asking: Do you think DE plans to expand on these faction weapons or no?

Mk1 = Cheap Corpus Copy NO!

Wraith = Red Veil? Because of Rakta: NO!
Rakta = Red Veil High Quality YES!

Dragon = Mastery Rank 22 is called Dragon (more Weapons incoming?) (Tenno High Quality)YES!

Dex = Lotus YES!

Prime = With Orokin technology (Nova Prime isn't Orokin Made) YES!

All the Other stuff: YES!

Vandal are Tenno modicidade weapons: Look at the Lotus mark on the Braton Vandal.

I'd still think the Wraith prefix is made by the Red Veil, because of the similar design to Rakta stuff

Rest: yes

I remember seeing Vandal was Corpus weapons modified by Tenno. The reason i call Vandal Corpus is because it's still Corpus weapons we take. And without Vandle being Corpus that would mean Corpus doesn't have a Faction Weapon name. As for Wraith it USED to be primarily Grineer, but as updates happened, it became more broad. As for Red Veil, even though they have a similar color, i still think Red Veil is only Rakta as they have shown that their weapons are still called Rakta. The use of changing names for no reason is odd to me

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

I remember seeing Vandal was Corpus weapons modified by Tenno. The reason i call Vandal Corpus is because it's still Corpus weapons we take. And that because that would mean Corpus doesn't have a Faction Weapon name. As for Wraith it USED to be primarily Grineer, but as updates happened, it became more broad. As for Red Veil, even though they have a similar color, i still think Red Veil is only Rakta as they have shown that their weapons are still called Rakta. The use of changing names for no reason is odd to me

I thought Vandal refered to Corpus because we Vandalize their tech.  Wraith I assumed was grineer because we are like vengeful ghosts to them.

Source?

The term Prime refers to any weaponwarframe, or sentinel made with Orokin technology. The weapons and warframes the Tenno use are based on the Orokin's designs, but are not actually Orokin tech. Prime versions of items are actual pieces of Orokin technology[1], and frequently sport improved damage, more Polarity slots, or other stat changes that grant them an advantage over their non-Prime derivatives. According to the developers, any warframe is eligible to be primed, regardless whether or not they came from the Orokin era[2]. Presumably, this also opens up the possibility of non Orokin-era weapons being primed.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prime

Strun is Tenno. It has their writing on the stock.

The Mara wasn't used by Corpus, it was used by smugglers in the Orokin era. It could be a hint to the origins of the Corpus though.

Did they ever say if they meant smugglers from the Orokin era, or smugglers smuggling Orokin era technology?

Edited by Rettycombine

The Syndicate ones will probably stay exclusive to their respective creators.

Prime is designating ancient Orokin weaponry. While the Tenno use weapons based on Orokin design largely, it's not impossible to see a Corpus weapon primed, because they might have designed a weapon from Orokin design as well.

Vandal are weapons modified by the Lotus. Wraith has no clear origins, but possibly connected to the Red Veil. The candidates to receive these prefixes are quite arbitrary. From Steve:

KisaruBandit wants lore behind Wraith/Vandal upgrades, since they're not faction based. /u/Squidgi asks if there will be Vandal or Wraith Warframes.

I think some vandal/wraith warframe skin variations should happen for sure! As far as Lore, there isn't a ton to these - these are variations from the contemporary Tenno but like anything they're invading future story lines as potential quest rewards