The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

Frost was built to be a niche frame. He is slow and his abilities made to slow and hinder oncoming enemy fire. He defends. Unless he receives augments to adapt his style that will always be his goal - defend.

That is not to say he has no other purpose, but it is his strength so he will be used only where he is stronger than other frames - just as other frames that serve better in their role to said mission will take preference.

Frost was built to be a niche frame. He is slow and his abilities made to slow and hinder oncoming enemy fire. He defends. Unless he receives augments to adapt his style that will always be his goal - defend.

That is not to say he has no other purpose, but it is his strength so he will be used only where he is stronger than other frames - just as other frames that serve better in their role to said mission will take preference.

As you said, Frost was built to be a defensive Warframe. But the case is that he has a couple of abilities where something else is needed.

I was watching The Call Trailer and now I know what I want :3 I'll post my suggestions later.

Frost is fine, this thread should have died 20 pages ago.

Until 40~ endless misisons, a power strength build does fine (either Avalanche or Ice Wave).  He will always be useful as a medic because of Snow Globe.  Ice Wave+ Augment is AMAZING(especially if you build for some range /drool), and you should be slapped for suggesting any changes.  Freeze might only be reliable at short range, but it's the only perfect paralyze in game. No other power holds an enemy perfectly still for you to charge your Dread and pop him in the face.  He has damage, CC, a team defence power all rolled into one, on top of high shields and HP.  Sure he's slow, but if you're not playing a defence oriented mission (excavation, defence, survival LS camping) there's probably room in your build for a Rush or Quick Rest.

Draco farming notwithstanding, Frost can compare with ANY of the damage frames (except Volt's speed) in terms of damage output, he brings more CC than almost all of them put together (and if you get Mag out of the list, he does outdo them all combined).  

As a support frame, I'd take him over Oberon, Cali, Hydroid, Nekros, Trinity or Mag any day.  Given the need for a powers based offensive frame, I'd take him over Ember (except in niche situations, Mag for the same), Saryn, Zephyr, or Ash. It's 50/50 against Mirage or Banshee, and they're also situation dependent. 

Until 40~ endless misisons, a power strength build does fine (either Avalanche or Ice Wave).  He will always be useful as a medic because of Snow Globe.  Ice Wave+ Augment is AMAZING(especially if you build for some range /drool), and you should be slapped for suggesting any changes.  Freeze might only be reliable at short range, but it's the only perfect paralyze in game. No other power holds an enemy perfectly still for you to charge your Dread and pop him in the face.  He has damage, CC, a team defence power all rolled into one, on top of high shields and HP.  Sure he's slow, but if you're not playing a defence oriented mission (excavation, defence, survival LS camping) there's probably room in your build for a Rush or Quick Rest.

Draco farming notwithstanding, Frost can compare with ANY of the damage frames (except Volt's speed) in terms of damage output, he brings more CC than almost all of them put together (and if you get Mag out of the list, he does outdo them all combined).  

As a support frame, I'd take him over Oberon, Cali, Hydroid, Nekros, Trinity or Mag any day.  Given the need for a powers based offensive frame, I'd take him over Ember (except in niche situations, Mag for the same), Saryn, Zephyr, or Ash. It's 50/50 against Mirage or Banshee, and they're also situation dependent.

NO. Frost is not fine, he is still broken and we frost players are continuing to keep it alive! Until we get what we want, then we can move on to the next frame

Avalanche falls off way before level 40 enemies and has no cc to speak with one of the smallest ranges

Freeze: most useless ability in the game

Ice wave: is a situational ability it's to small while being a cost of 50

Frost has 1 ability that has a cc 1

Damage is small while being smallest range

Immobile defense skill must be recast once you move

People, more ideas!! But first, watch the PS4 Trailer and ride the Hype Train with me :D

- Freeze: As almost every Warframe, this ability is kinda casual and only useful in a couple of times. Any ideas here? Cuz I don't have any but the others in my latest comments here.

- Ice Wave: Did you watched the PS4 Trailer? The Ice Wave is following the path where enemies are. So, I'll suggest an "Inteligent" Ice Wave. The actual CC could be improved, just a little.

- Snow Globe: I said enough of this. You know? Is the best ability he has, and we were discussing about this instead of the others.

- Avalanche:

UbCIFuS.gif

This scene is EPIC! And so, I want this on the game. While casting, nearby enemies suffer continuous damage, and so deals confusion. And when it finishes... BOOM! Everybody is instantly frozen. And they have like an inversed Glaxion's secondary effect. The ice melts, but slowly, if the enemy stills alive.

PD: Needs to run faster -.-

Edited by Dancli

My ideas for Frost are :

Freeze :

Shoot an icicle at a high speed,dealing puncture and cold damage of 500,enemies killed by it explode and slow down enemies near it.

Ice wave :

Make it reach longer or in a circle and the augment the actual ability.

Snow Globe :

Have a timer,but invincible. Holding down the button would give it health but it would follow frost,too make the globe stationary again just press 3 again.

Avalanche :

Give it more damage,alot more range and enemies hit by it would be frozen for 5/10/15 seconds,hitting enemies affected by it would make them break,slowing down nearby enemies.

Oh and yes,make the Prime different from the normal and fix the immortal skin gold trim glitch.

Edited by Snyphurr

My ideas for Frost are :

Freeze :

Shoot an icicle at a high speed,dealing puncture and cold damage of 500,enemies killed by it explode and slow down enemies near it.

Ice wave :

Make it reach longer or in a circle and the augment the actual ability.

Snow Globe :

Have a timer,but invincible. Holding down the button would give it health but it would follow frost,too make the globe stationary again just press 3 again.

Avalanche :

Give it more damage,alot more range and enemies hit by it would be frozen for 5/10/15 seconds,hitting enemies affected by it would make them break,slowing down nearby enemies.

Oh and yes,make the Prime different from the normal and fix the immortal skin gold trim glitch.

I don't think Frost needs more damage. The frame itself needs more sustainability (its the slowest warframe in the game making it more likely to be shot) and its ice based abilities need more crowd controlling effects. One would expect Frost to excel at controlling large groups of enemies with ice being a notoriously impeding element. I have some suggestions for Frost's abilities on page 22 in this thread.

Edited by Grand-Dozer

I don't think Frost needs more damage. The frame itself needs more sustainability (its the slowest warframe in the game making it more likely to be shot) and its ice based abilities need more crowd controlling effects. One would expect Frost to excel at controlling large groups of enemies with ice being a notoriously impeding element. I have some suggestions for Frost's abilities on page 22 in this thread.

About the damage abilities I've suggested,i meant freeze doing 250 puncture and cold damage.

About avalanche i meant giving it more range and CC ,i mistook it with another ability.

People, more ideas!! But first, watch the PS4 Trailer and ride the Hype Train with me :D

- Freeze: As almost every Warframe, this ability is kinda casual and only useful in a couple of times. Any ideas here? Cuz I don't have any but the others in my latest comments here.

- Ice Wave: Did you watched the PS4 Trailer? The Ice Wave is following the path where enemies are. So, I'll suggest an "Inteligent" Ice Wave. The actual CC could be improved, just a little.

- Snow Globe: I said enough of this. You know? Is the best ability he has, and we were discussing about this instead of the others.

- Avalanche:

UbCIFuS.gif

This scene is EPIC! And so, I want this on the game. While casting, nearby enemies suffer continuous damage, and so deals confusion. And when it finishes... BOOM! Everybody is instantly frozen. And they have like an inversed Glaxion's secondary effect. The ice melts, but slowly, if the enemy stills alive.

PD: Needs to run faster -.-

haha, oh I love that trailer!

Freeze could just have a bit of a bigger radius, and actually guarantee a cold proc on all enemies in the radius, and make the freeze proc on the target hit be duration based.

Ice Wave from the trailer also has knock back, of which I would've hoped they made (or will make) innately built into the skill.

That Avalanche Animation doe! Dear lord it's beautiful! Haha, too bad it's on Freeze for the trailer.

Before nerf, Frost is one of the most powerful warframe in game. His Snow globe is invurnerable, can't be broken, this skill just affect by duration and range. His last skill even slow but i love him becauce it is the most beautiful skill in game, just like the lord of the winter, that is the reason i decide chose him become my primary frame.

But after nerf, Snow globe is suck, can be shoot and broken this is real. He last skill, Avalanche become the suckest skill in game, throwing so many white rock look so... i dont know how to said it.

So, i never use him again unless my teammate said they need him to defend. With me, Frost is already died.

After much, much more rebalancing, but I don't feel this way about just frost, a lot of frames have been getting neglect in the way that they only serve a certain purpose now, I put that blame on the community tho

DE would sometimes need time to look and buff them. Oh I do agree with u too. I agree they negelected like almost nearly a lot of frames.