The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

EVERYBODY! I have great news. I messaged Grineeer with this thread explaining that I as well the community feel he has been lackluster. He said that after update 16 is out the door, he will go back to looking at frames and stuff, and he also thanked me for pointing him to a source of feedback.

We are getting closer and closer everyday to a buffed Frost. Maybe I shouldn't have been so pessimistic LOL.

#FrostNeedsLove

yay the voice's are reaching

EVERYBODY! I have great news. I messaged Grineeer with this thread explaining that I as well the community feel he has been lackluster. He said that after update 16 is out the door, he will go back to looking at frames and stuff, and he also thanked me for pointing him to a source of feedback.

We are getting closer and closer everyday to a buffed Frost. Maybe I shouldn't have been so pessimistic LOL.

#FrostNeedsLove

You made my day pal :D

EVERYBODY! I have great news. I messaged Grineeer with this thread explaining that I as well the community feel he has been lackluster. He said that after update 16 is out the door, he will go back to looking at frames and stuff, and he also thanked me for pointing him to a source of feedback.

#FrostNeedsLove

If I could kiss you, I would.

#Frostneedslove

#FrostNeedsLove

Way to go man. Frost will be ice king again!

#FrostNeedsLove

WE HAVE WORD! YES! Let's hope it pays off! Please Scott, help out Frost.

Nice. Glad to see Frosty the Snowman get a needed buff, as he's one of my favorite frames.

Some suggestions for his abilities:

Passives:

Shatter- Enemies frozen through Frost's abilities will instantly die if their current health falls to 8% of their maximum health (affected by Frost's power strength, caps at 20% health threshold) Enemies that die this way will temporarily slow down allies in a 5 meter radius by 20% for 3 seconds. 

Numb Nerves- Frost has an additional 20% base cold resistance and cold status procs have a -66% duration on Frost. 

Actives:

1). Freeze

Changes:

+ Frozen target cannot be unfrozen until it dies or the duration of the ability ends. 

+ Area damage increased to 75/150/225/300 and affects the initial target. 

+ If the projectile misses a target, the nearest high priority target within the AoE of the projectile blast will be frozen (if none exist, then a regular enemy will be frozen instead; if the augment mod is used, it will target allies first, assuming the projectile misses). 

+ Enemies within the blast radius are given a guaranteed cold proc (does not trigger shatter). 

+ AoE increased by 20% and projectile speed increased by 60%.

- Projectile damage reduced to 50/100/150/200.

- Freeze duration reduced to 2/3/4/5 seconds. 

New Effect: If an enemy is within melee range of freeze, it will be launched backwards by 10 meter, knocking down any enemies in its path and  dealing the full damage of the ability. 

2). Ice Wave

+ Ice Wave now staggers enemies hit directly by the wave. 

+ The enemies initially hit by Ice Wave will be frozen (if four enemies are lined up behind each other, only the first one of the line will be affected). 

+/- Ice Wave now travels out in a cone. Starting width is one meter and maximum width is 3/4/5/6 meters (AoE grows at the rate of 0/20/40% of distance traveled at initial width/ 50% maximum width, and 100% maximum width). Distance traveled lengthwise is unaffected. 

+ Ice Wave now has a 1 meter radius around Frost when cast. 

3). Snow Globe

+ Projectiles absorbed by Snow Globe will reduce the AoE of the blast as well as its potency (both by 75%), in addition, the blast proc will be downgraded to an impact proc on allies. 

+ Invulnerability duration increased to 6 seconds

+ Snow Globe no longer has a base duration and scales purely off of Power Strength. 

Augment Mod: Arctic Tomb

Casting another instance of Snow Globe outside of an existing instance of Snow Globe creates a snow globe that entrap enemies. This Globe is Invulnerable for 3 seconds and prevents enemy fire from leaving the globe, and lets allies fire at enemies through the globe. In addition, Frost can manually detonate the Globe for the base cost of the ability. Doing this will cause the Globe to deal cold damage in the form of 15% of its maximum health (not affected by strength) and freeze enemies inside of the globe's radius. 

4). Avalanche: 

+ Cast time reduced to 1.5 seconds. 

+ Enemies affected by Avalanche will be frozen. 

+ Enemies affected by Avalanche will have their maximum health permanently reduced by 10%, this effect does not stack. 

Edited by SquidTheSid

Frost doesnt need a buff. He is fine as he is. He obviously is only decent for low level content.. Make it so he is easily available for low MR players, and thats it.

No need to buff a decent frame already, besides, his only trump card is snow globe. That really should be it. If you want a more decent damage dealer, well take one.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

Frost doesnt need a buff. He is fine as he is. He obviously is only decent for low level content.. Make it so he is easily available for low MR players, and thats it.

No need to buff a decent frame already, besides, his only trump card is snow globe. That really should be it. If you want a more decent damage dealer, well take one.

Frost does need a buff. He isn't fine as he is. You say he's fine yet you state that he's only good at low level content, I don't understand your logic in that. Ideally, all frames would be viable in end game content but that isn't the case, hence why people are campaigning for Frost to become more end game viable. His snow globe does need tweaks but it is his 3 other abilities which a lot of people want buffing. The majority of people aren't asking for damage buffs to his abilities, they are asking for more cc which would make him more useful and more rounded with his abilities instead of just being a globe spammer. 

I really like frost apperience, I dont mind his low running speed cus we have coptering etc, but the rest (skills) is ... not very good;p

here are my ideas:

1st- ability is acceptable after iteration, however i would go for sth like chill aura (similar to coolant leak but with better radius and armor debuff)

2nd - I would change it: it should be sth like tidal surge (hydroid) but with continious matter when frost slides on a ground constantly freezing it with one hand (so you cant use your primary during it). Say hi to fantastic four:)

3rd - immortality time of snow globe should be affected by power duration mods;p

4rd- total visual rework, frost creates (very fast animation) frost nova freezing for certain time (sth like 3 sec - affected by power duration modes) all affected enemies and objects (20m base), frozen enemies have 10% chance to be smashed (bosses cant be killed this way but with every smash proc it takes 7% of their total hp, max smash chance on bosses is 40%), also receive 200% more dmg from all sources. Recasting this ability multiplicates its effect in additive way (if casted 2times the smash chance would be 20% and enemies receive 400% dmg, max dmg debuff on bosses - 300% - each cast gives 100%)

this iteration (especially 4rd ability) would make frost viable on every lvl of difficulty.

Edited by Kripion

It looks like Avalanche and Freeze are at neck to neck. I hope DE works on both of them.

Ice Wave and Snow Globe could use tweaks too, but I suppose Avalanche and Freeze getting significant reworks or buffs is a lot better.

Anyways, I kept telling you guys Frost would get his turn eventually. Patience is always rewarding.

Why are you even here

Frost doesn't need a buff. He is fine as he is. He obviously is only decent for low level content.. Make it so he is easily available for low MR players, and thats it.

I'm hoping this simply sarcasm and that you didn't just decide to troll a thread full of players hopeful for a buff for a frame they love.

Good Job everyone! Our posts have finally made it! I'm so excited for the changes they'll make. Avalanche REALLY needs to be looked over.

^ True that. Avalanche is in a really bad spot *wink wink*

What about something like this:

Avalanche

The skills lack of scale ability comes from the fact that it's just a straight damage button that fetters off in higher content. To keep with his theme of Ice and the thematic elements of Avalanche, and also to give it some individuality from other ults, I propose giving Avalanche the mechanic of throwing enemies out of its effective radius after they've been hit with the Avalanche and ice. In addition, giving surviving enemies an extended Cold Proc would be very useful.

Enemies were just hit with an Avalanche, they should've been swept off their feet and experiencing some flash freeze/hypothermia. Giving it knock back/knock down away from the Casting Frost, along with the Cold Proc gives Avalanche the characteristics of a Defensive and Offensive skill. Defensive Frosts can use Avalanche as a panic button to push enemies away from an area they need to protect, and gives the squad some breathing room to work. Offensive Frosts can use Avalanche as a tool for killing enemy mobs with its damage, but also giving some room for shooting the enemies who survive with a Cold Proc.

The ability execution would perform as follows. As Frost raises his hand to Freeze enemies within the area, the damage is applied to the affected units. As Frost brings his hand down and sweeps it across, the enemies would be thrown out of his affected radius and have the proc applied after thawing. It fits his animation set thematically, and gives it more meaning.

What about something like this:

Avalanche

The skills lack of scale ability comes from the fact that it's just a straight damage button that fetters off in higher content. To keep with his theme of Ice and the thematic elements of Avalanche, and also to give it some individuality from other ults, I propose giving Avalanche the mechanic of throwing enemies out of its effective radius after they've been hit with the Avalanche and ice. In addition, giving surviving enemies an extended Cold Proc would be very useful.

Enemies were just hit with an Avalanche, they should've been swept off their feet and experiencing some flash freeze/hypothermia. Giving it knock back/knock down away from the Casting Frost, along with the Cold Proc gives Avalanche the characteristics of a Defensive and Offensive skill. Defensive Frosts can use Avalanche as a panic button to push enemies away from an area they need to protect, and gives the squad some breathing room to work. Offensive Frosts can use Avalanche as a tool for killing enemy mobs with its damage, but also giving some room for shooting the enemies who survive with a Cold Proc.

The ability execution would perform as follows. As Frost raises his hand to Freeze enemies within the area, the damage is applied to the affected units. As Frost brings his hand down and sweeps it across, the enemies would be thrown out of his affected radius and have the proc applied after thawing. It fits his animation set thematically, and gives it more meaning.

Yeah man I agree.