Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Void Rewards

CapricaSix

Just had a 35 minute long void survival run which gave me a Mag Prime part, 4 Orokin Cells and a common Fusion Core.. and some other junk.

So here's an idea... what if you were to... wait for it... remove all the "junk" from mission reward table and keep them exclusively as enemy drops and cannister/locker loot?! Making the void a clean proper "prime farm". I'm sure such a preposterous suggestion will outrage those who use their void keys solely for getting fusion cores and precious "Reach" and "Vapor" mods, but it will ultimately serve a greater good.

I mean who's giving us these rewards anyway? And how do we hurt them, if possible? Aren't the Void reward tables a mess already since you stuff all the new primes in - with the added RNG nuisance?

At the very least (knowing that RNG will screw us regardless even if you removed the junk) we'd have an abundance of unwanted prime parts which we could sell to the relay trader and make some credits for more unneeded yet exclusive items while hoping you will one day stop with the cooldowns on trader's visits and maybe even use him as an alternate means to obtain the prime part you always wanted rather than 3-4 random stuff.. and things.

And what Key were you running?

The reason I ask this is because I am curious as to how you could get a Common Fusion Core in the Void missions. 

It was a T2S key, I've had bad runs on higher level keys before with similar rewards, but this was definitely the worst.

By the way, the common fusion core was the 35m reward if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by CapricaSix

It was a T2S key, I've had bad runs on higher level keys before with similar rewards, but this was definitely the worst.

By the way, the common fusion core was the 35m reward if I'm not mistaken.

I though all the Void drops would ensure that Rare Fusion Cores drop as a reward. 

I though all the Void drops would ensure that Rare Fusion Cores drop as a reward. 

Not anymore I guess, but either way I personally would prefer them to be drops just to keep the rewards consistent, and that's the least of it, getting 3-4 orokin cells as rewards (individually, 1 every 5m) is just mind boggling.

Not anymore I guess, but either way I personally would prefer them to be drops just to keep the rewards consistent, and that's the least of it, getting 3-4 orokin cells as rewards (individually, 1 every 5m) is just mind boggling.

At least the Orokin Cells are a small break from murdering Sargas Ruk over and over again. So that is a small positive point. 

At least the Orokin Cells are a small break from murdering Sargas Ruk over and over again. So that is a small positive point. 

Except fighting Sargas Ruk doesn't cost you a key and is rather easily done, as well as simply farming it around in Saturn as you play the game normally. That's my point, they're just wasting valuable space and more importantly time. Not very encouraging to farm more or even to buy anything with plats. Spending hours and getting nothing done feels pretty bad, not just with this session in particular.

Except fighting Sargas Ruk doesn't cost you a key and is rather easily done, as well as simply farming it around in Saturn as you play the game normally. That's my point, they're just wasting valuable space and more importantly time. Not very encouraging to farm more or even to buy anything with plats. Spending hours and getting nothing done feels pretty bad, not just with this session in particular.

Then again, at least it is not fighting in the same boss tileset the 50th time. 

Not to say that the rewards might be a bit unappealing, but just saying that at least it is a small breath of fresh air. 

Its a farming game and people get so mad with having to farm. Yes certain things are weighted, meaning some things will drop more than others but it is what it is and its like that in almost every game that is based around farming for things. And I truly get how frustrating that can be. I've literally burned myself out on games before just pounding down 100's of hours or more for 1 weapon before but that is just the nature of farming games. If you really want to skip playing the game and just get what you want, buy your way to it.

If its not FUN for you to be playing the content regardless of what you're getting then its either time to take a break from the game or move on to something else. That is the point I'm really trying to make I guess. Try not to think of it as grinding and just have fun with the game or else you are just going to get tired of it, frustrated and/or burned out with it.

Just my opinion.

Its a farming game and people get so mad with having to farm. Yes certain things are weighted, meaning some things will drop more than others but it is what it is and its like that in almost every game that is based around farming for things. And I truly get how frustrating that can be. I've literally burned myself out on games before just pounding down 100's of hours or more for 1 weapon before but that is just the nature of farming games. If you really want to skip playing the game and just get what you want, buy your way to it.

If its not FUN for you to be playing the content regardless of what you're getting then its either time to take a break from the game or move on to something else. That is the point I'm really trying to make I guess. Try not to think of it as grinding and just have fun with the game or else you are just going to get tired of it, frustrated and/or burned out with it.

Just my opinion.

Are you suggesting farming itself is "fun" or the fact that you can farm and invest quite a bit of time and effort and get nothing in return is fun?

Well, the thing is, Warframe didn't start off as a "farming game", it just became that as they eventually decided to add more weapons and warframes as "content" rather than working on the story, lore and game itself in general. I got easily more than 1300 hours spent in this game, clearly I have no problem with farming or buying things... The issue is the time and effort that goes to waste.

You could blame RNG, I blame the reward tables, that simple. As I've already pointed out in the OP, you could remove all the unnecessary junk from the void mission rewards and still not get the parts you wanted (even though you'd have considerably higher chance of getting it, which is good) because of RNG, so as you can see I'm not exactly suggesting they should "stop with all the farming", I'm asking for a remedy, something to make it more bearable and less frustrating.

Just my feedback. :P

PS: That trader idea was only a bonus, it's what I had expected from the trader initially, only to be disappointed at the end. But even that doesn't "hurt the farming/grinding", nothing is free, you still have to work for it regardless.

Are you suggesting farming itself is "fun" or the fact that you can farm and invest quite a bit of time and effort and get nothing in return is fun?

I am suggesting that you should have fun playing the game....if playing the game happens to get you what you want awesome if not oh well it was a fun time playing it.

I was also trying to suggest that you forget about the grind completely. You are putting time in playing content that is fun and challenging and getting entertainment in return. If you are not feeling this way then I also suggest you take a break from the game for a bit and come back later on so that it feels fresh and exciting to you again and doesn't feel like a grind and feels fun. If you cannot obtain that, then it might be time to move on or risk getting burned out on the game or even more frustrated with it than you apparently are.

That is what I suggest.

I am suggesting that you should have fun playing the game....if playing the game happens to get you what you want awesome if not oh well it was a fun time playing it.

I was also trying to suggest that you forget about the grind completely. You are putting time in playing content that is fun and challenging and getting entertainment in return. If you are not feeling this way then I also suggest you take a break from the game for a bit and come back later on so that it feels fresh and exciting to you again and doesn't feel like a grind and feels fun. If you cannot obtain that, then it might be time to move on or risk getting burned out on the game or even more frustrated with it than you apparently are.

That is what I suggest.

Well, thanks for your input, I am already enjoying the game for what it is rather than grinding 24/7 and I am rarely playing void missions as these rewards and RNG is incredibly discouraging and half-arsed, otherwise I wouldn't bother posting feedback ;)