Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Lacks A Reason To Banish Teammates To The Rift Outside Of Damage Avoidance And Energy Regeneration.

Racercowboy

As a limbo, have you ever wondered about why you banish teammates to the rift? Most reasons can be summarized by what the title says. Now, these are not bad reasons, but it begs the question: Isn't fighting in the rift supposed to give you an advantage as opposed to fighting outside the rift?

Think about it, Limbo has a reason to fight enemies in the rift and that is rift surge. If he gets himself and enemies in the rift he can dish out more damage. This, however, does not apply to teammates. Having teammates fight enemies in the rift is no different than fighting them outside the rift. You could say they get more energy, but to that I say this: Energy is used for tenno powers, and tenno powers hit things whether or not they are in the rift. If this is the case, wouldn't it be better to only banish the teammate, so he/she can freely destroy things safely? As you can see, it goes back to my main point: outside of energy and safety, there is no reason to banish teammates to the rift.

The problem with this is that it heavily favors damage casters over everything else. It's not a bad thing that he can help them greatly, but it's a bad thing that others lose out compared to them. So, why not have enemies lose firing accuracy while they are in the rift? With this, not only will people not feel as bad for getting banished, it'll give a reason to send everyone there, but not a big enough reason to perma banish everything all the time. It won't affect his ability to help in the way he does now, just gives an option for tenno who rely more on their weapons for damage rather than their warframe abilities. 

Can banish teammates that are near death to save them, and theres even an augment mod for banish that allows the restoration of health when banishing a teammate to said banished teammate. 

Yes, this reinforces my point even more. This helps people avoid damage. Mind you, there is nothing wrong with this at all.

finaly we something that favors casters, and people complain >.>

I'm not complaining that it helps casters so much, I'm complaining that it does not help others so much. If you read my post you would understand this.

Given your conjecture, enemies losing accuracy does not benefit teammates getting banished. It falls under safety.

That being said, Limbo is a support frame. Providing saftey and energy is what he does best. He's the only frame able to restore energy to another frame if they are channeling an ability like peacemaker, absorb, and sound quake. He's also one of the three frames able to obtain a practical pseudo-godmode. Loki with his augment, Valkyr's Hysteria, and Limbo's rift walk. 

I feel like limbo if good where he is in terms of mechanics and playstyle.

Edited by Luxifer

I'm all for letting Rift Surge apply to teammates. Something I've thought was needed anyway. 

My question is: Is energy gain and invincibility not enough?

Banish Mesa, and she can infinitely use her Ult as long as you continue to banish her. Also, she can't be damaged. You have a never ending, invincible turret.

Besides that, do you have any suggestions to fix what you see as an issue?

I think people are misunderstanding. I fully understand that banishing frames like Mesa can have devastating effects. I see nothing wrong with this. What I see wrong is if there are no frames like Mesa in the party suddenly his usefulness plummets massively. Like someone said earlier, having rift surge apply to the whole party can solve this.

It's also true that having enemies accuracy reduced would fall under safety, but consider these situations:

- player and enemy are not in the rift: Normal situation. nothing to say here.

- player is in rift, enemy is not: cannot interact outside of warframe powers. This is where damage casters shine.

- player is not in the rift, enemy is in the rift: Same as above situation, minus the energy regeneration. Better to just banish the player.

- player and enemy are both in the rift: Same as not being in the rift, except players have more health regeneration.

As you can see, the only thing the rift does, outside of energy regeneration, is prevent interaction between the two planes. With this in mind, there is no reason for the last situation to happen unless it's Limbo himself who is the player, who then can rift surge to take advantage of it. This is where my complaint is coming from.