Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Custom Warframes? (W/ Artwork) {Warden 3-Jan-14}

PantsAdvance

Holy smokes!!!! Great work PantsAdvance!!! Some really truly awesome art pieces here!

I really admire these designs! Tiburon is fantastic! She looks so regal :)

Awesome! Thanks for enjoying the concepts, and btw totally digging the new Grineer level, can't wait to get a Void Key. Keep up the intense work!

Jesus thats a creepy frame...

Hmm ... this is my first shout out. It feels nice.

Also great work. This is the kind of creature the "FEAR" Maneuver was made for.

AKA:

Forget or fu-beeep

Everything

And

Run

Looks awesome! unnerving, but awesome!

It's official, Mechro is an Eerie Frame. But try thinking of him talking with Morgan Freeman's voice. How's that, better?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Freeman'>morgan-freeman-002.jpeg

Looking at that, yeah, that's kind of what I had in mind, perhaps a bit bulkier and less "futuristic" looking.

Edit: So I just read Archimedes' abilities, and I can assure everyone that I had no knowledge of it when I designed Vulcan despite two abilities being almost identical :\

heheh, yeah I'm pretty sure almost everyone had a similar idea for a heavy weapons Warframe. But I'm exited to be working on this one for you, so stay tuned.

Okay, now for the main attraction, Here's PseudoExis' Lachesis (female)

warframe_lachesis_by_pantsadvance-d66cj6

all the details are here

Description of aesthetic choices:

First off, it's a she. Well since PseudoExis set that option as an either/or, I thought that since Lachesis was supposed to be a Stalker-esque warframe, that I should pull a http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rule%2063'>rule 63. This only applies to choosing the concept's gender, as for the rest of the Warframe doesn't really resemble the 'myth'. I wanted to leave the majority of the Warframe smooth so that the 'tattoos' would have a flowing surface to move over as Lachesis would activate the abilities. This however doesn't make the frame look dark or creepy. I figured that I would compensate with the back and the helmet, and the dark aura would take care of the rest. Moving on to the helmet, I wanted to have a sort of devil-like appearance. With the dark aura, and especially the ult active, this would hopefully seem intimidating. I pretty much just winged the tribal tattoos. It's also kinda hard to see this, but I wanted the aura to kinda congeal like hair behind the helmet.

Edited by PantsAdvance

Awesome! Thanks for enjoying the concepts, and btw totally digging the new Grineer level, can't wait to get a Void Key. Keep up the intense work!

It's official, Mechro is an Eerie Frame. But try thinking of him talking with Morgan Freeman's voice. How's that, better?

morgan-freeman-002.jpeg

heheh, yeah I'm pretty sure almost everyone had a similar idea for a heavy weapons Warframe. But I'm exited to be working on this one for you, so stay tuned.

Okay, now for the main attraction, Here's PseudoExis' Lachesis (female)

warframe_lachesis_by_pantsadvance-d66cj6

all the details are

Description of aesthetic choices:

First off, it's a she. Well since PseudoExis set that option as an either/or, I thought that since Lachesis was supposed to be a Stalker-esque warframe, that I should pull a rule 63. This only applies to choosing the concept's gender, as for the rest of the Warframe doesn't really resemble the 'myth'. I wanted to leave the majority of the Warframe smooth so that the 'tattoos' would have a flowing surface to move over as Lachesis would activate the abilities. This however doesn't make the frame look dark or creepy. I figured that I would compensate with the back and the helmet, and the dark aura would take care of the rest. Moving on to the helmet, I wanted to have a sort of devil-like appearance. With the dark aura, and especially the ult active, this would hopefully seem intimidating. I pretty much just winged the tribal tattoos. It's also kinda hard to see this, but I wanted the aura to kinda congeal like hair behind the helmet.

Thank you very much.

Edited by PseudoExis

The Gemini seems really nice, mayhap allowing 2 players to play the roles? (clan events and the like)  seems a bit like Noob/Smoke from Mortal Kombat, not a criticism just a point, I do love Noob/Smoke.

Out of curiosity are you working on a War-Frame now?

If so which one?

Ok, yeah that's a good idea, to keep you guys informed. Well of course I'm working on a Warframe, and right now it happens to be Jellyninja12's idea for a Hologram utilizing warframe called Wraith. It's taking me longer because I keep having to redo parts of him that I don't like. Hopefully this guy will be done by today.

I haven't forgot about the other Warframes, I even have a stickynote on my desktop with the list of Warframes-to-do even the concept fixes for FrostWolf and you PseudoExis. But thanks for asking about progress, as I'm sure it would be eating at you. I don't want to upset people that's for sure.

I didn't imagine this one as a playable one, more so another enemy frame "The Ghost"

ghost2x.png

Sounds in makes: https://soundcloud.com/michael-jared-murphree/ghost-for-warframe-sounds

Dude, that's Awesome!!! I wouldn't count it out. Maybe you could control ghost if you died, kinda like the bomb-kart from Mario Kart 64. You could use it to unlock security systems or even hijack weaker enemies.

Well once I've "given a face" to my own warframe i may be able to help with making one of these "fanframes"

Sweet, can't wait to see your warframe as well. 

Also, if any of you artists wanted to redraw some of these concepts or receive requests for Warframe concepts, I will be happy to add your name to the thread's first page, just PM me.

Ok, yeah that's a good idea, to keep you guys informed. Well of course I'm working on a Warframe, and right now it happens to be Jellyninja12's idea for a Hologram utilizing warframe called Wraith. It's taking me longer because I keep having to redo parts of him that I don't like. Hopefully this guy will be done by today.

I haven't forgot about the other Warframes, I even have a stickynote on my desktop with the list of Warframes-to-do even the concept fixes for FrostWolf and you PseudoExis. But thanks for asking about progress, as I'm sure it would be eating at you. I don't want to upset people that's for sure.

Dude, that's Awesome!!! I wouldn't count it out. Maybe you could control ghost if you died, kinda like the bomb-kart from Mario Kart 64. You could use it to unlock security systems or even hijack weaker enemies.

Sweet, can't wait to see your warframe as well. 

Also, if any of you artists wanted to redraw some of these concepts or receive requests for Warframe concepts, I will be happy to add your name to the thread's first page, just PM me.

Thank you for the heads up.

Wraith: Master Hologram Manipulator

wraith__warframe_concept_by_pantsadvance

Thanks Jellyninja12 for the suggestion.

Description, Stats, and Abilities

Description: Wraith controls holograms to distract, divert, and fool his opponents. So I thought his normal appearance would be somewhat flashy, as to grab his opponents' attention. While this would be a disadvantage to most, Wraith would be using his decoys to draw the attention. While being able to change his appearance at will using a holographic visage, he could attain anonymity at his leisure. Seamlessly drifting through combat, causing chaos as the enemy watches as Wraith would perish over and over, multiple clones sprouting forth and engaging others, allies stabbing each other in the back, and finally the room erupts into a flash oven as the clones self-destruct.

Stats

Health: Low

Shields: Low

Armor: Low

Power: High

Speed: Med

Abilities: (1)Summon Specter, (2)Trade Images, (3)Wraith's Gaze, (4)Impostor Decimate

1)Summon Specter: Wraith places a holographic autonomous-image of himself that roams the battlefield. At higher levels, he  has a chance to place multiple copies with a single use of the skill.

{Energy=25} {#Copies= 1/1-2/2-3} {MaxCopies= 6/9/12} 

-sidenote- Specters have a 50/50 chance of having a melee- or ranged-based personality

2)Trade Images: Wraith superimposes a holographic image of himself on a weak enemy, and steals that enemy's appearance and wears it as a holographic disguise. The duration increases vastly per level up.

{Energy=50} {Duration(sec)= 10/25/50/75/120}

3)Wraith's Gaze: Wraith conceals himself using a holographic overlay, then assumes direct control over the the nearest Specter. He maxes out the thermal wavelengths of the image to solidify it, enabling him to wade into combat without risking personal harm at the cost of the damage he can deal. Damage output and duration increase per level.

{Energy=75} {DmgOutput(%)= 50/70/90} {Duration(sec)= 30/60/90}

4)Impostor Decimate: Wraith overloads his Specters, causing them to burst into high amounts of visual and thermal radiation, igniting the atmosphere inside the room and dealing massive damage to enemies near each blast in short radius. Enemies not in close proximity to clones, take minor damage per clone in a large radius. Damage increases with each level, as well as the radius of the damage.

{Energy=100} {CloseRangeDmg=250/500/750} {CloseRangeRadius(meters)= 0.2/0.4/0.6} {ExtraDmgPerBlast= 20/35/50} {ExtraDmgRadius(meters)= 12/18/24}

-sidenote- this attack is a heavy damage attack, but it requires that there already be active Specters in play. Therefore the power cost is large to compensate (4 specters = 100en + 100en ult = 200en  = 950dmg per close proximity).

Let me know what you think about the idea and ability choices. I really had fun with this guy since the idea for the frame was so vague, allowing to do what I wanted with it. It's a pretty great idea I think, thanks again Jellyninja12!

P.S.- GratuitousLurking's Drider is up next!

Wraith: Master Hologram Manipulator

wraith__warframe_concept_by_pantsadvance

Thanks Jellyninja12 for the suggestion.

Description, Stats, and Abilities

Description: Wraith controls holograms to distract, divert, and fool his opponents. So I thought his normal appearance would be somewhat flashy, as to grab his opponents' attention. While this would be a disadvantage to most, Wraith would be using his decoys to draw the attention. While being able to change his appearance at will using a holographic visage, he could attain anonymity at his leisure. Seamlessly drifting through combat, causing chaos as the enemy watches as Wraith would perish over and over, multiple clones sprouting forth and engaging others, allies stabbing each other in the back, and finally the room erupts into a flash oven as the clones self-destruct.

Stats

Health: Low

Shields: Low

Armor: Low

Power: High

Speed: Med

Abilities: (1)Summon Specter, (2)Trade Images, (3)Wraith's Gaze, (4)Impostor Decimate

1)Summon Specter: Wraith places a holographic autonomous-image of himself that roams the battlefield. At higher levels, he  has a chance to place multiple copies with a single use of the skill.

{Energy=25} {#Copies= 1/1-2/2-3} {MaxCopies= 6/9/12} 

-sidenote- Specters have a 50/50 chance of having a melee- or ranged-based personality

2)Trade Images: Wraith superimposes a holographic image of himself on a weak enemy, and steals that enemy's appearance and wears it as a holographic disguise. The duration increases vastly per level up.

{Energy=50} {Duration(sec)= 10/25/50/75/120}

3)Wraith's Gaze: Wraith conceals himself using a holographic overlay, then assumes direct control over the the nearest Specter. He maxes out the thermal wavelengths of the image to solidify it, enabling him to wade into combat without risking personal harm at the cost of the damage he can deal. Damage output and duration increase per level.

{Energy=75} {DmgOutput(%)= 50/70/90} {Duration(sec)= 30/60/90}

4)Impostor Decimate: Wraith overloads his Specters, causing them to burst into high amounts of visual and thermal radiation, igniting the atmosphere inside the room and dealing massive damage to enemies near each blast in short radius. Enemies not in close proximity to clones, take minor damage per clone in a large radius. Damage increases with each level, as well as the radius of the damage.

{Energy=100} {CloseRangeDmg=250/500/750} {CloseRangeRadius(meters)= 0.2/0.4/0.6} {ExtraDmgPerBlast= 20/35/50} {ExtraDmgRadius(meters)= 12/18/24}

-sidenote- this attack is a heavy damage attack, but it requires that there already be active Specters in play. Therefore the power cost is large to compensate (4 specters = 100en + 100en ult = 200en  = 950dmg per close proximity).

Let me know what you think about the idea and ability choices. I really had fun with this guy since the idea for the frame was so vague, allowing to do what I wanted with it. It's a pretty great idea I think, thanks again Jellyninja12!

P.S.- GratuitousLurking's Drider is up next!

Why do I feel he'd Quote Aizen a lot?

"When were you under the impression I wasn't using my holographic sense manipulator!"

General Ruk: !!!

Dats some advance drawings there Mr. Pants. Must commend you I thought I  knew your true nature but it was just a hologram......

What have I done to deserve this Punishment?

-Update: Thanks to an anonymous contributor, I am now installing a licensed copy of Adobe CS5. I will most likely continue to use MS Paint to draw the warframe concepts, as this is currently the best supported application for the platform that I use, (and I am the most comfortable with it.) I plan on using it to familiarize myself more with the program and I've been thinking about starting a comic.

List of current projects:

Drider

Vulcan

Erebus

Dusk

fix-Tiburon

fix-Mechro helm

earth and time-frames

logo for Khiem

Well ive done as much as im going to do with my art for my radiation themed warframe, I think maybe i shoulda practised basics for drawing the human form cus this was the first time ive ever tried drawing the human form (as well as first time drawing something from my head), so in conclusion i was far to cocky and have paid the price :P. Here it is.The helmet is the only part that is complete.idea_by_charlie733-d671c1r.jpg

Well ive done as much as im going to do with my art for my radiation themed warframe, I think maybe i shoulda practised basics for drawing the human form cus this was the first time ive ever tried drawing the human form (as well as first time drawing something from my head), so in conclusion i was far to cocky and have paid the price :P. Here it is.The helmet is the only part that is complete.idea_by_charlie733-d671c1r.jpg

This looks great (compared to what I can do) but I have to say you do the same thing I do. You make TINY HANDS. Gahhh they are so cute!!!