Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Custom Warframes? (W/ Artwork) {Warden 3-Jan-14}

PantsAdvance

Here is a re-design of FrostWolf's Tiburon

warframe_concept_tiburon__2__by_pantsadv

Details for Tiburon by FrostWolf / Original concept design by me

Artist's Note

Okay, so with the second try, FrostWolf suggested a less regal look and a more streamlined appearance (,since sharks are simple and sleek creatures.) I also tried to incorporate the valkyrie-like helm design that SilverBones originally had with his concept. I hadn't yet had a non-symmetrical design so I offset the shoulder adornments just to try it out. This also gives away a kind of defender  vibe, allowing Tiburon (in theory) to utilize this when in a defensive posture. I also wanted to try out a new design on the 'Trident'.

Thanks for being patient and I hope you like the new look for Tiburon. More on the way (tba)!!

*HOWL "That is a beast warframe do want."

Wraith: Master Hologram Manipulator

wraith__warframe_concept_by_pantsadvance

Thanks Jellyninja12 for the suggestion.

Description, Stats, and Abilities

Description: Wraith controls holograms to distract, divert, and fool his opponents. So I thought his normal appearance would be somewhat flashy, as to grab his opponents' attention. While this would be a disadvantage to most, Wraith would be using his decoys to draw the attention. While being able to change his appearance at will using a holographic visage, he could attain anonymity at his leisure. Seamlessly drifting through combat, causing chaos as the enemy watches as Wraith would perish over and over, multiple clones sprouting forth and engaging others, allies stabbing each other in the back, and finally the room erupts into a flash oven as the clones self-destruct.

Stats

Health: Low

Shields: Low

Armor: Low

Power: High

Speed: Med

Abilities: (1)Summon Specter, (2)Trade Images, (3)Wraith's Gaze, (4)Impostor Decimate

1)Summon Specter: Wraith places a holographic autonomous-image of himself that roams the battlefield. At higher levels, he  has a chance to place multiple copies with a single use of the skill.

{Energy=25} {#Copies= 1/1-2/2-3} {MaxCopies= 6/9/12} 

-sidenote- Specters have a 50/50 chance of having a melee- or ranged-based personality

2)Trade Images: Wraith superimposes a holographic image of himself on a weak enemy, and steals that enemy's appearance and wears it as a holographic disguise. The duration increases vastly per level up.

{Energy=50} {Duration(sec)= 10/25/50/75/120}

3)Wraith's Gaze: Wraith conceals himself using a holographic overlay, then assumes direct control over the the nearest Specter. He maxes out the thermal wavelengths of the image to solidify it, enabling him to wade into combat without risking personal harm at the cost of the damage he can deal. Damage output and duration increase per level.

{Energy=75} {DmgOutput(%)= 50/70/90} {Duration(sec)= 30/60/90}

4)Impostor Decimate: Wraith overloads his Specters, causing them to burst into high amounts of visual and thermal radiation, igniting the atmosphere inside the room and dealing massive damage to enemies near each blast in short radius. Enemies not in close proximity to clones, take minor damage per clone in a large radius. Damage increases with each level, as well as the radius of the damage.

{Energy=100} {CloseRangeDmg=250/500/750} {CloseRangeRadius(meters)= 0.2/0.4/0.6} {ExtraDmgPerBlast= 20/35/50} {ExtraDmgRadius(meters)= 12/18/24}

-sidenote- this attack is a heavy damage attack, but it requires that there already be active Specters in play. Therefore the power cost is large to compensate (4 specters = 100en + 100en ult = 200en  = 950dmg per close proximity).

Let me know what you think about the idea and ability choices. I really had fun with this guy since the idea for the frame was so vague, allowing to do what I wanted with it. It's a pretty great idea I think, thanks again Jellyninja12!

P.S.- GratuitousLurking's Drider is up next!

Favorite

Here's Tiburon, enjoy FrostWolf....

tiburon__water_frame_by_pantsadvance-d65

Description of the design choices

I thought that I would make Tiburon look regal and more guardian-esque, this is because Tiburon is more of a Tanking-based warframe. I based the design off of Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones. As this makes the Warframe look more masculine than feminine, I believe that Tiburon's elegance and femininity would come from her abilities and how she combats her enemies. (Also, there's always fanart* to see her more alluring side.) As cliche as this sounds, a water-frame should have water as a flavor to add to the design, that's why I chose to have water flowing from the helm, down the back, and down the arms and legs as well as down the 'tail'.  Moving on to the 'tail' part of the dress, I added this to more personify the shark image into Tiburon, and gives her an elegant/flowing look. I was trying to get the helm to resemble a shark's head, more-over a Tiger Shark's head, but it came out looking alot like a Sharpedo. (not saying it looks bad or nothing)

FrostWolf designed Tiburon and this is only my concept of her. Read all the details here and don't forget to up-vote and leave a comment!

-thanks again FrostWolf for letting me give her a concept!

wow holy S$%@ i think i fell in love with this one.

Here is a re-design of FrostWolf's Tiburon

warframe_concept_tiburon__2__by_pantsadv

Details for Tiburon by FrostWolf / Original concept design by me

Artist's Note

Okay, so with the second try, FrostWolf suggested a less regal look and a more streamlined appearance (,since sharks are simple and sleek creatures.) I also tried to incorporate the valkyrie-like helm design that SilverBones originally had with his concept. I hadn't yet had a non-symmetrical design so I offset the shoulder adornments just to try it out. This also gives away a kind of defender  vibe, allowing Tiburon (in theory) to utilize this when in a defensive posture. I also wanted to try out a new design on the 'Trident'.

Thanks for being patient and I hope you like the new look for Tiburon. More on the way (tba)!!

although i sure as hell dont mind this one either, man, really nice!

Edited by VoidWraith

I've been looking over this thread for a while and I can only say that I am purely amazed by the turnout and creativity presented - and so close to the standard fashion of Frame design! It's been a treat to watch this amount of effort get put out.

I can't help but forward one of my own ideas - if I had steadier hands, I'd do it myself.

I've always wanted to see a more elaborate expansion on the idea of simply manipulating gravity.

I'd like to see a frame that really harnesses a cruel spin on the necessity of gravity and if effects on enemies when everything is put out of place.

I'm talking about a petite and seemingly frail frame that can comp out a serious amount of carnage if ticked the wrong way.

Abilities:

1 - Drift: Causes a small number of targeted enemies to be pulled into the air without combat capability

2 - Repulsion Field: Creates a small bubble of repulsing gravity around the frame that causes all damage to be redirected back to the attacker whilst simultaneously supercharging any outward force leaving the field, causing bullets and thrown weaponry to exit the field at high speeds negating armour and drop.

3 - Zero-G: Creates a field around the frame that allows the frame to drift across locations for a short period of time.

4 - Discord * : An AoE ability that lifts all targets into a Zero-G state with the player and then... increases gravity tenfold, resulting in the frame and the enemies diving into the ground with immense speed and weight, causing any hostile unit to be crushed by sheer gravity (including any enemies that have accumulated below during the process).

* It should go without saying that the Gravity frame is unharmed by it's own effects throughout.

My only design thoughts would have to be the gender of the frame most likely being female and a general theme of orbiting segments of armour that are lifted away and circling the the extremities/limbs of the frame.

That's all I got, i know this seems like Mag's sister frame, but i think there's enough diversity to this for it to be viable (and fun!).

If anyone (not just PA) could give this idea a face and or a name then i'd be more than happy.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Phantom_Jack

Wraith: Master Hologram Manipulator

wraith__warframe_concept_by_pantsadvance

Thanks Jellyninja12 for the suggestion.

Description, Stats, and Abilities

Description: Wraith controls holograms to distract, divert, and fool his opponents. So I thought his normal appearance would be somewhat flashy, as to grab his opponents' attention. While this would be a disadvantage to most, Wraith would be using his decoys to draw the attention. While being able to change his appearance at will using a holographic visage, he could attain anonymity at his leisure. Seamlessly drifting through combat, causing chaos as the enemy watches as Wraith would perish over and over, multiple clones sprouting forth and engaging others, allies stabbing each other in the back, and finally the room erupts into a flash oven as the clones self-destruct.

Stats

Health: Low

Shields: Low

Armor: Low

Power: High

Speed: Med

Abilities: (1)Summon Specter, (2)Trade Images, (3)Wraith's Gaze, (4)Impostor Decimate

1)Summon Specter: Wraith places a holographic autonomous-image of himself that roams the battlefield. At higher levels, he  has a chance to place multiple copies with a single use of the skill.

{Energy=25} {#Copies= 1/1-2/2-3} {MaxCopies= 6/9/12} 

-sidenote- Specters have a 50/50 chance of having a melee- or ranged-based personality

2)Trade Images: Wraith superimposes a holographic image of himself on a weak enemy, and steals that enemy's appearance and wears it as a holographic disguise. The duration increases vastly per level up.

{Energy=50} {Duration(sec)= 10/25/50/75/120}

3)Wraith's Gaze: Wraith conceals himself using a holographic overlay, then assumes direct control over the the nearest Specter. He maxes out the thermal wavelengths of the image to solidify it, enabling him to wade into combat without risking personal harm at the cost of the damage he can deal. Damage output and duration increase per level.

{Energy=75} {DmgOutput(%)= 50/70/90} {Duration(sec)= 30/60/90}

4)Impostor Decimate: Wraith overloads his Specters, causing them to burst into high amounts of visual and thermal radiation, igniting the atmosphere inside the room and dealing massive damage to enemies near each blast in short radius. Enemies not in close proximity to clones, take minor damage per clone in a large radius. Damage increases with each level, as well as the radius of the damage.

{Energy=100} {CloseRangeDmg=250/500/750} {CloseRangeRadius(meters)= 0.2/0.4/0.6} {ExtraDmgPerBlast= 20/35/50} {ExtraDmgRadius(meters)= 12/18/24}

-sidenote- this attack is a heavy damage attack, but it requires that there already be active Specters in play. Therefore the power cost is large to compensate (4 specters = 100en + 100en ult = 200en  = 950dmg per close proximity).

Let me know what you think about the idea and ability choices. I really had fun with this guy since the idea for the frame was so vague, allowing to do what I wanted with it. It's a pretty great idea I think, thanks again Jellyninja12!

P.S.- GratuitousLurking's Drider is up next!

This guy is pretty awesome! His disguise looks like a nice stealth tool. Plus a final ability that requires the use of another!

I can't help but forward one of my own ideas - if I had steadier hands, I'd do it myself.

I've always wanted to see a more elaborate expansion on the idea of simply manipulating gravity.

I'd like to see a frame that really harnesses a cruel spin on the necessity of gravity and if effects on enemies when everything is put out of place.

I'm talking about a petite and seemingly frail frame that can comp out a serious amount of carnage if ticked the wrong way. ....

I really like this idea, especially the fact that you're conscious to the similarities between her and Mag (I think it makes them synergistic as being alike yet still different). I really like the abilities and I have wanted there to be a dedicated Gravity Warframe since the whole AntiMatter cold war (on the forum) began. I suggest the name KallisteTē Kallistē is inscribed on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eris_(mythology)'>Eris' Apple of Discord from Greek Mythology, which in latin roughly means "to the most beautiful". Fitting as a fallen apple is said to have led Newton to discovering Gravity, and as this warframe will most undoubtedly be causing its fair share of Discord on the battlefield. Great idea Phantom_Jack and I really look forward to drawing her; added to the list! :)

And thank you all for appreciating my work and posting your comments. I know it may not seem much to you, but seeing your approvals makes me enjoy drawing and posting concepts even more. Keep it up and I will keep it up! :D

After looking over wraith again as it has been brought up he really reminds me of Dead Space's Isaac. Not that thats a bad thing but still the helmet bears a great resemblance. By the way I have been playing the mass effect trilogy that I just bought so I haven't been giving warframe much love...although it did inspire the thought of Tali being a warframe.

Here is a redesign of Mechro's head, requested by Zackai.

mechro_head_redesign_by_pantsadvance-d6a

I've also updated Mechro's original post on this thread with the new design. Also, Zackai's original post is here if you wanted to read up on Mechro's details.

I'm now going to be drawing up an Earth-based warframe suggested by Jellyninja12. I don't want to spoil the surprise, but this one should be interesting.

I've also updated Mechro's original post on this thread with the new design. Also, Zackai's original post is here if you wanted to read up on Mechro's details.

I'm now going to be drawing up an Earth-based warframe suggested by Jellyninja12. I don't want to spoil the surprise, but this one should be interesting.

Does look a bit like Erebus's head with the head covering.

Although I can assume the material is different.

Great work as always.

Beautifully creepy XD I dig this!

Does look a bit like Erebus's head with the head covering.

Although I can assume the material is different.

Great work as always.

You know, this problem would just disappear if we all just imagined Erebus had a gigantic troll face pasted on him... 

Excalibur: Oh no, Erebus has appeared!!!

Loki:  Don't worry I can fix this!

Erebus: Nooooo!!!