The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Arch-Wing Mission (Mostly Interception) Keep Crashing

McTaz

This has been happening to me, as well. Many squadmates have simply dropped out of Archwing Interception missions seemingly out of nowhere. It also happens during host migrations. I haven't noticed if there is any particular time at which this happens.

Whenever it happens to me, my game freezes and stops responding. If I restart the game and attempt to re-join the session it either is not available or cannot connect.

Edited by exaCel

Yeah, it's really like pulling teeth! Right now virtually every attempt to do an interception on Pluto freezes up. The evil thing is that it cannot recover info to resume a session after restart, when I was hosting the mission. No XP and a massive waste of time. It starts to get a bit too frustrating, really.

Also, no way to get a crash report, of course, otherwise DE would've gotten 50 of them from me already. (Yes, yes, the very definition of insanity, I got it!)

• 2 weeks later...

My brother seems so be affected by, apparently, the same issue or something close enough. He gets into the map and, without no explanation, game freezes and CPU occupation for it drops all the way to 0% and -stays- on 0%. This seems to happen as well when playing alone, like he usually does, and on any of the normal (non-Quest) Archwing Mission.

I'm not an expert on programming but I can notice where the crap exists. I dare say that this is an issue with threads running prioritization and/or cache (or both), since game also stalls for a minute or 2 during the following transitions:

- Launcher to Login (Initial loading screen)

- Login to Liset

- Liset to Subsystem and vice-versa (Arsenal, Mods, Foundry, Codex, Market, Navigaion)

- Liset to Mission (initial loading screen)

- On mission, Liset approaching target

- On mission, At the very start and/or deployed from Liset on planet surfaces/solar rails

- On mission, randomly stalling for 10~30 seconds when destroying stuff (enemies, containers, etc.)

- On mission, when receiving new transmissions

- On mission, when Extracting (initial phase)

- From mission to Liset (initial loading screen)

... If he keeps playing, the cycle practically starts over again and again until he playing something else. This issue doesn't affect Multi-Core computers, but its seriously affecting Single-Core computers... I know, they ARE old but they still exist and outnumber Multi-Core users... Pretty much like Windows XP...

... Yeah, excessive info... still I believe its going to help DE at troubleshooting.