Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki + Sentinel + Invisibility = Fail..please Fix

2ply

This is a general problem everyone has and a suggested solution.

NOTE: If you are a player who would like this fixed SOONER than LATER...please up vote this topic and leave a reply stating that you agree with this problem and would like to see a fix!

Loki has this really cool ability called invisibility..allowing him to become very effective at stealth game play.

Problem is the sentinels don't work well with this signature power, the shade while a stealthy sentinel will not go stealth when Loki goes stealth, the wyrm has this same issue, this in turn just breaks the ability to achieve stealth kills or gameplay.

Whats more many players use the stealth ability in heated combat to prevent the death of LOKI, which if a sentinel is equiped will often result in the death of the sentinel because of the fact that the sentinels don't also go into stealth and all near by enemies then redirect their fire to the sentinel...sentinel goes boom...ouch!

Another problem here is that invisibility is a signature ability and as an avid player of the Loki warframe I would love to be able to take along my sentinels on missions where I plan to play stealthy even though if played correctly there should be no need for the assistance of a sentinel as the objective of a stealth gameplay is to remain undetected...on the chance that I do become detected it would be nice to have my little buddy along with me for the ensuing fire fights that will follow.

My suggestion is to FORCE any sentinel equiped to also go into steatlh as long as LOKI's signature stealth power is in use....as the sentinels are essentially an extension of the warframe. Additionally I would like to also include the need for the sentinels to go into a passive state when invisible so that the sentinels do not break stealth at all unless LOKI becomes no longer invisible.

This same suggestion can be applied to any warframe that has the ability to go into an invisible state should also have their sentinel of choice also take on that invisible state for the duration of the power.

It just breaks the mechanics of the game to have these sentinels not also take on the traits of the master and it forces players to not choose powers or to not equip their sentinels. We need to have the freedom to use all the signature abilities with any sentinel equiped for the sake of personal preference and playstyle freedom.

Edited by 2ply

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I've heard that the Ash's smokecloud DOES affect the Sentinel, while I know for certain that the Loki's does not. I would most definitely like to see the Sentinel go invisibile while the Loki does, since the sentinel can still alert the bad guys. Kinda renders abilities like the Shade's cloak a bit... silly.

My suggestion is to FORCE any sentinel equiped to also go into steatlh as long as LOKI's signature stealth power is in use....as the sentinels are essentially an extension of the warframe. Additionally I would like to also include the need for the sentinels to go into a passive state when invisible so that the sentinels do not break stealth at all unless LOKI becomes no longer invisible.

I totally agree with this and would like to see it fixed just as stated SOON please!

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I've heard that the Ash's smokecloud DOES affect the Sentinel, while I know for certain that the Loki's does not. I would most definitely like to see the Sentinel go invisibile while the Loki does, since the sentinel can still alert the bad guys. Kinda renders abilities like the Shade's cloak a bit... silly.

You are correct. Ash's cloak does cloak the sentinel, Loki's does not.

I edited the ASH statement out of the post, thanks for the info. I could have taken the time to trial test that satement. I never really used smoke screen often enough while leveling ASH to take note on the sentinel actions with him, the real question is DOES the wyrm stop his attacks when smoke screen is applied or will it automatically attack any nearby targets?

Edited by 2ply

I would most definitely like to see the Sentinel go invisibile while the Loki does, since the sentinel can still alert the bad guys. Kinda renders abilities like the Shade's cloak a bit... silly.

Shades cloak ability is a very helpful tool even with LOKI and his invisibility and especially with other frames, with a fully maxed out shade cloak you will notice yourself going invisible very often as long as you are not attacking and near enemies.

I like to think of that situation where you are playing Loki and you are not the player who likes to use his invisibility, you are out of energy anyways and need to revive an ally or get out of a heated battle. So you just stop attacking and if you are in close enough range to enemies your shade cloaks the two of you so that you can revive allies or recharge the shields.

Only problem being is shades cloak is based on proximity to an enemy, so even if you are using LOKI's invisibilty and an enemy spots your shade (because it isn't also invisible) from a long distance the enemy will sound the alarm or just start attacking the shade.

Edited by 2ply

that bug bothered me too. what's annoying too is the fact that once you go invisible with loki and come into enemies range, your shade will cloak you although you are already cloaked, thus wasting it's energy and cooldown.

i posted that already but somehow no one cared.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/34806-suggestion-warframe-abilities-and-sentinels/

Edited by dEEkAy2k9

I have never really payed attention to the sentinel energy use but this adds another great point and something that should also be addresed along with the invisibility problem.

Edited by 2ply

• 2 weeks later...

that bug bothered me too. what's annoying too is the fact that once you go invisible with loki and come into enemies range, your shade will cloak you although you are already cloaked, thus wasting it's energy and cooldown.

i posted that already but somehow no one cared.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/34806-suggestion-warframe-abilities-and-sentinels/

I, too, wanted to start a thread regarding this and searched for similar threads (and found yours), since you beat me to it I thought maybe it'll get fixed.

I have both Loki and Ash, and can confirm that Ash's Smoke Screen cloaks Shade, while Loki's invis doesn't.

It's nice when playing as Ash since using Smoke Screen won't draw enemy fire thus players can safely melee w/o getting caught in said enemy fire.

This also makes it a faster paced stealth play, since Ash players can Smoke Screen to close the gap before Shade can activate Ghost.

Loki, however, the weaker of the two, draws enemy fire with Shade and isn't as efficient as his brother.

This isn't a QQ post. I'm just dumbfounded.

I'll submit a support ticket.

This isnt a QQ post...its a "hey this is broke" thread.

I submitted a support ticket. Wanted to see if it was intended and if the devs are already aware of it.

Hopefully, we'll get a response soon.

Good thinking, it could have possibly been intentional, but it could use some reconsiderating, when you take into account that if your sentinels do not cloak when loki uses his signature ability that in turn leaves you without flexibilty and the freedom. 

I submitted a support ticket. Wanted to see if it was intended and if the devs are already aware of it.

Hopefully, we'll get a response soon.

let's see what's going to happen, let us now if you get any response please

I edited the ASH statement out of the post, thanks for the info. I could have taken the time to trial test that satement. I never really used smoke screen often enough while leveling ASH to take note on the sentinel actions with him, the real question is DOES the wyrm stop his attacks when smoke screen is applied or will it automatically attack any nearby targets?

That is a great question. Any Ash users use wyrm? I personally got shade specifically for Ash because not only does it stealth with the player when smoke screen is used, but if smokescreen wears off and enemies are still there shade will stealth you so you can gather up any drops without leaving stealth. Its pretty seamless. Since Wyrm is more offensive in nature It may cause issues by attacking where shade will only attack in retaliation to something attacking you.

If it works like that with Ash, It should work the same with Loki. Since it doesn't It's a pretty crappy scenario for Loki users. Please post any response for those that have submitted tickets as a lot of people will be curious about what is said.

Loki is my favourite frame and one reason I don't use invisibility as much as I would like to is because of my sentinel. I don't see why it can't be forced into stealth along with invisibility. They can't attack while stealthed so why not have it turn passive while the frame is invisible? A possible explanation of the passive state is that the sentinel needs to be able to "see" the frame to be woken up?