The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Framerate Dropping Heavily In Void

(XBOX)ItchyFawn866781

It's not even just void missions. It's in every mission. I've asked people in region, clan, recruit if they have the same issue. And they do. The framerate for warframe on xbox one makes my old crap PC look like a gaming beast. There are other topics on here reporting the exact same thing as I. The game is practically unplayable with 10-15 fps most of the time. This should not be happening on consoles. Whatever it is, it needs to be fixed asap. Probably not going to play until this gets sorted.

The game is practically unplayable with 10-15 fps most of the time.

Hi ItchyFawn, is there any chance you might be able to record a video when you experience this issue? If you have a Kinect and it is plugged in then you can simply say "Xbox Record That" -- if not, you can follow these instructions:

http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/apps/upload-game-dvr

Once you have finished recording then you can upload the clip using Upload Studio and reply to this thread with a link that we can view.

We are currently looking into this issue as we speak so any additional information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by DE_Dmitri

• 2 weeks later...

Itchy, I have to say that's not the worst of it for me. I've seen frame rates dip below 10. My clan and I usually play with a Nova, Mag, and an Oberon and if we all use our ultimate abilities at once on a large crowd the fps almost comes to a screeching halt. I'll get a video up as well as soon as I can. This issue is so bad we had one of our guys' game freeze on him. He had to go home and close the game and he lost everything. I've tried turning bloom and motion blur off assuming this might work as it does on a PC but I've seen no improvement in frame rates.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ItchyFawn, is there any chance you might be able to record a video when you experience this issue? If you have a Kinect and it is plugged in then you can simply say "Xbox Record That" -- if not, you can follow these instructions:

Once you have finished recording then you can upload the clip using Upload Studio and reply to this thread with a link that we can view.

We are currently looking into this issue as we speak so any additional information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated. 

Finally got around to recording a video of my frame rate issues. I'm sorry it took so long. This was on Apollodorus. After 30 minutes, the frame rate got so bad. At 40, we just had to leave. We couldn't see anything. I hope this helps.

xbox.com link

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/e0cbb3bf-25fc-4a85-8579-d96a2bffaba5?gamerTag=icurehangovers&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df&lc=1033

onedrive link

http://1drv.ms/1JiGcgQ

Finally got around to recording a video of my frame rate issues. I'm sorry it took so long. This was on Apollodorus. After 30 minutes, the frame rate got so bad. At 40, we just had to leave. We couldn't see anything. I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for uploading this video. This is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed ASAP. I just have a few questions:

1. Were you the host or the client when this occurred?

2. How many players were with you?

3. Does this always happen around the same time or can it happen after only 10 or 20 minutes of playing?

4. Does this happen in any mode or just survival?

We are currently looking into the situation on our end so any additional information that you or anyone else can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for uploading this video. This is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed ASAP. I just have a few questions:

1. Were you the host or the client when this occurred?

2. How many players were with you?

3. Does this always happen around the same time or can it happen after only 10 or 20 minutes of playing?

4. Does this happen in any mode or just survival?

We are currently looking into the situation on our end so any additional information that you or anyone else can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I was the host in this situation but it doesn't seem to change much regardless. That particular time there was only two players. In survival, this usually happens after twenty minutes with any warfare but it happens more often under twenty minutes with a vauban in the group. This issue also occurs in defense missions, specifically in the void, when ancients first appear. After wave ten or fifteen. I can't remember off the top of my head.

This also happens on regular missions though it is not as bad as the example I gave. That example is when it is at its worst. It makes the game basically unplayable past the 30 minute/wave mark.

Thanks for the response. Hope the info helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe they should focus on getting the game running smooth before adding all this new stuff to it. No wonder the community on xbox one is so small, people tried the game, seen how bad the framerate was and went back to pc.  Games been out for like 6 months now and still the framerate drop you get when there are four players in a game is horrendous. Game works 100% fine when u solo, soon as there more bodies in the game it goes to S#&$. So unless the graphics are lowered a bit or enemy count in game at one time is lowered to hopefully run better, we just need to accept the consoles wont ever run this game smooth at all.

Edited by (XB1)daza19

I'm pretty new to the game and was really enjoying the early missions and thought it had a lot of potential. The concept is awesome and my kind of game, BUT... the frame rate is just so bad at times I find it almost impossible to play. Even on solo I find it dropping massively and some times for no reason at all.

So unless the graphics are lowered a bit or enemy count in game at one time is lowered to hopefully run better, we just need to accept the consoles wont ever run this game smooth at all.

I'm sure it can't be hardware and it should be running much better than this. Look at BF4 and the scale of those maps with 64 players running around them.  

I really like this game and want to play it, but I really cannot while it's like this, as it's far too frustrating.

Seriously..? You guys have never noticed the absolutely horrible frame rate drop? C'mon man... Fix the game, you know its there... You guys pay no attention to it because you are to busy making BS mastery weapons, enhancing the sound quality (big whoop), making spy and PvP 2.0. You guys need to seriously get you S#&$ together and actual fix thing wrong with the game and stop worrying about things that nobody gives a crap about. I've seen countless threads about the low frame rate numerous times and it seems to be at the ack of your "To do list". SMH.

JBoogyy has a point there, there is no point in capturing the frame rate drop so they can investigate that particular drop. The game should be looked at as a "whole" and investigated as to why the drops are so bad. Even just running normal non void missions with four players you see noticeable frame rate drops, horizontal tearing on screen etc. Could it be the game engine that this game is build on..? Who knows, doesnt look like its gona be fixed any time soon anyway. Console version looks doomed for failure if its not fixed.

I have to chime in as well. I just got an Xbox One 2 weeks ago and my friends recommended this to me. First missions, solo, were nice and fluid, sometimes a dip.

Now its more like always slow, sometimes its smooth.

Like in that video, I get that all the time. not sure if host or not, 2-4 players.

Mostly ive been doing Coba on Earth because anywhere else it gets so bad I cant really have a good impact.

Its a shame, I mostly run around spamming melee because at least I can hope to hit something with that as opposed to emptying my clip.

Not sure if theres a cache that needs cleaning out, etc.

Definitely gets worse as a mission progresses. So far just doing some Defense maps, wave 1-5 ok, 6-10 start to feel it. After that, I can count aloud to the frame updates.

Last night it was to the point where I had to actually sit back and think is it worth playing, since as I get deeper in and start doing voids and more stuff with spammy effects, it will only get worse.

I have to chime in as well. I just got an Xbox One 2 weeks ago and my friends recommended this to me. First missions, solo, were nice and fluid, sometimes a dip.

Now its more like always slow, sometimes its smooth.

Like in that video, I get that all the time. not sure if host or not, 2-4 players.

Mostly ive been doing Coba on Earth because anywhere else it gets so bad I cant really have a good impact.

Its a shame, I mostly run around spamming melee because at least I can hope to hit something with that as opposed to emptying my clip.

Not sure if theres a cache that needs cleaning out, etc.

Definitely gets worse as a mission progresses. So far just doing some Defense maps, wave 1-5 ok, 6-10 start to feel it. After that, I can count aloud to the frame updates.

Last night it was to the point where I had to actually sit back and think is it worth playing, since as I get deeper in and start doing voids and more stuff with spammy effects, it will only get worse.

The framerate dropping can be mitigated with the lobby having a good host, or everyone in the game having good connection, from my experiences.

My best bet is to turn down some graphical settings, or take a look at your internet connection.

The framerate dropping can be mitigated with the lobby having a good host, or everyone in the game having good connection, from my experiences.

My best bet is to turn down some graphical settings, or take a look at your internet connection.

Internet issues and framerate issues are completely seperate. I could have a bad connection and still have decent framerate. As for turning off graphical options, it does not work. It does not fix the problem of seriously low framerate for this console.

Internet issues and framerate issues are completely seperate. I could have a bad connection and still have decent framerate. As for turning off graphical options, it does not work. It does not fix the problem of seriously low framerate for this console.

Not in Warframe. Bad connection causes bad framerate.

I already turned off all settings that seem graphic related.

Also my internet is good, althought the game still seems odd. I can see a mission has 100+ open squads, yet I wont find anyone.

And yes, I have open nat. Forwarded ports, dmz, ive tried them all, no difference.

Also sometimes I go to navigation and says connection lost.

Cant be invited by people, etc.