Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Q Item Access

iexbrood

Currently pressing Q to use a ammo box or health kit is a hassle.

You have to freeze in place (which is no problem if you know how to use cover) and manuever to the bottom left of the screen to a small box containing said items (which I dislike).

I would love to have something similar to a commo rose layout.

It would be 2 circles, one inside the other.

It would expand out from your reticle when you press Q.

The name of the item would be in the inside the smaller circle and the picture of whatever item would be inside the larger circle.

This would be very handy. I especially enjoy using the shield recovery item and the current layout makes it difficult.

All the store ammo boxes appear similar to me and I dislike hovering over them to find out which one is the one I need in the middle of a firefight. The new commo rose will clear that up with the inside naming.

P.S. If this gets accepted, I want to make sure the area of where you have to click to activate an item is larger than it's area inside the circles.

I would also like the portions to light up when you hover over that section and when you click the item it would have a special "lock-in" animation to show you activated it.

(I'll use my epic MS paint skills to illistrate this when I have time.)

i would prefer shortcuts for every slot. then i can just shift-1 for heal and so forth.

this would be fine too. or a combination of both. id like to use ammo when i need it. not have some corner time while i mess with menus.

on another note, ammo box icons need to be more identifiable. they all look the same and hovering to see the name only extends the amount of time you waste. its not like i remember what i put where 5 missions ago.

for those suggesting bind to the number pad or something similar I want to point out for the people that use gamepads or gaming keypads (Like say me, because my hands are small and the keyboard layout is awkward for me) This option would add an unnecessary hassle to using recovery and ammo items.

A radial menu seems like the most elegant solution although I would not be opposed if quick button bindings were an option as well.

• 3 weeks later...