Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For Freshly Forma'd Weapons: Embedded Mods

Ralsk

Note: Embedded Mods is the random name I came up with and I'm open to ideas for a better name.  Also I am unaware if anyone has presented an idea such as this before but if so I'm sorry.  I'm not trying to steal any ideas.

So after using a Forma on my Amprex last night just to take it right back into a defense mission I had a thought.  What if, on a freshly forma'd weapon, you can add a couple mods that can activate automatically if your weapon reaches the lvl required for it in the middle of the mission.  For example say I take my Amprex, as mentioned above, and put a 12 cost Serration on it as an embedded mod.  During the mission (I was running defenses for xp) once the catalyzed Amprex reached lvl 6 the Serration would activate and be applied the rest of the match.  This would allow you to take an unranked weapon right back into a long mission such as a survival or defense so you can lvl it and have your weapon actually be useful later in the game.

Any thoughts on this?

Would be cool. Can't see it being prioritized or picked up by DE, because the system currently works without problem (I mean, you just stop the match when you feel that you have enough XP, or you switch to your secondary/melee when your newly-formad weapon stops damaging enough) and because this, to fix a no-problem, would require actually a nice bit of coding from DE, including a partial remaking of the UI.

Still, I would welcome this. But the amount of work you're asking for is probably more than what DE would want to spend for something that is not an issue.

Actually 99% of code and UI is done, in the form of Dark Sector PVP missions.

You start as an unranked frame/weapons and as you gain Affinity your mods are turned on in order.

I cant see it being hard to implement i just don't see that much of a use for it that its worth doing.

Also lore wise, mods are physical things you install on your weapons when back at your Liset, cant really see a Tenno whipping out a crafting bench at wave 20 of a T4 Defence can you!

From the name (embedding), I was expecting a suggestion that revolved around attaching rare mods to specific frames or weapons. They'd no longer be removable or usable with other gear.

Nope nothing permanent like that and as I said, I called it that because that's the name that came to me and I suck at coming up with new names for stuff usually so I just ran with it.

Actually 99% of code and UI is done, in the form of Dark Sector PVP missions.

You start as an unranked frame/weapons and as you gain Affinity your mods are turned on in order.

I cant see it being hard to implement i just don't see that much of a use for it that its worth doing.

Also lore wise, mods are physical things you install on your weapons when back at your Liset, cant really see a Tenno whipping out a crafting bench at wave 20 of a T4 Defence can you!

I haven't delved real deep into the lore of this game yet but to me I never saw the mods as physical objects.  I would if they made actual visual changes to the weapon similar to how guns in Borderlands look slightly different and if you have the knowledge you know that each piece means different positive or negative attributes but I can't see that type of system ever being implemented for Warframe.

Would be cool. Can't see it being prioritized or picked up by DE, because the system currently works without problem (I mean, you just stop the match when you feel that you have enough XP, or you switch to your secondary/melee when your newly-formad weapon stops damaging enough) and because this, to fix a no-problem, would require actually a nice bit of coding from DE, including a partial remaking of the UI.

Still, I would welcome this. But the amount of work you're asking for is probably more than what DE would want to spend for something that is not an issue.

I don't see it being a priority either but stopping the match is something that this is made to avoid anyway.  I had good teams last night, we were consistently reaching wave 20-25, I didn't want to leave just to add a mod in.  It's like I told my team last night, that I wouldn't be much use in terms of dps past Wave 10 or so aside from abilities (had unranked Amprex, an 18 Bronco, and a 22 Mire).  Having a system such as this would at least allow whatever weapon you just forma'd to at least gain a bit of power back during your next lvl making it playable at the very least.  Just switching weapons wasn't what I wanted either since the whole point of running those missions last night was to get xp.  I didn't want to use stuff that didn't need lvling.

so, in  a nutshell, you are suggesting a way for forma'd weapons to grow in strength as the mission progresses, like a warframe does as you are ranking it? if so, i think i like this idea.

Forgot that warframes do that now (since I'm still used to the old system) but yes, in essence, that is what I had in mind.

Edited by Ralsk

"Are you really that lazy?" Is what i got as response when i suggested this a while back. I would really like to see such a system implimented, as it would atleast make leechers a "bit" more helpful. Lets face it, NOBODY goes with his freshly formad weapon on mercury and starts killing lvl 1 enemies, then works his way up the levels as his weapon gains ranks. Everyone uses the leeching system, hoping his teammates kill as many as possible. While this isnt a problem in the meta-repfarming thats going on currently, it gets a problem once there is one guy completely useless on Cerberus, getting downed all the time and cannot defend himself as he chose to bring 3 unranked weapons and probably an unranked frame aswell with him to leech off of his teammates. Yes, he would be useless at beginning, but levels come fast, and once theres a base dmg mod , e.g. Serration on it, he becomes increasingly useful.