Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Make Inventory Space Buyable/giftable From The Market

TheWebbliestPrime

As the title of the thread dictates, I think it would be nice if inventory space was buyable and/or giftable from the Market, maybe from the Equipment tab or even under the respective tabs for Warframes, Weapons and Sentinels/Kubrows. This would save players the hassle of having to go into the dojo to trade plat to a friend in need, as well as saving each person a trade, which can be valuable for newer low rank players with few trades per day being helped along by their higher rank, more experienced friends or clannies. I appreciate feedback on this, as it seems like it is something that should have been in the UI for a long time, if not at least since gifting items from the Market became possible.

Sounds good to me. Primarily for ease of purchase.

In part because most new players aren't aware of weapon/Warframe/inventory slots because it's nested underneath a few menu options. It'd be a good idea to have slots in the market if at least to better convey what is purchasable in the game. New players will definitely check the market (especially since you get the Market module in the tutorial), but most new players won't be exploring each individual option in the menu and even fewer are likely to internalize each option in the menus.

As well, if anyone asks, "Where can I get more Warframe/Weapon slots?" It's easier just to tell them "In the market under equipment then gear," instead of "Press Esc, then go to equipment, then inventory, then go to the weapons tab (or Warframe tab) and there's an option in the bottom right."

Having giftable slots sounds good also. Trade uses seem like they are more notably marked as mod or prime part exchanges. Having slots be a giftable commodity just streamlines a platinum exchange between players and also saves trade uses for more enterprising merchants.

Edited by Otenko

I also agree that these should be giftable, or at least somewhere on the market.

The question of how to buy slots comes up fairly often in region chat, anything that can ease initial confusion is a good thing.

Wait wait, through credits or still through plat?

Because if it's with credits, I say no.

Definitely not through credits, these will still be platinum-only items. I just mean for them to make appropriate buttons for buying Warframe, companion, or weapon inventory space in the market, not only so new players can find it easier than the buttons tucked way in the inventory menus, but also so players can gift them to one another instead of having to waste trades and credits on trading small amounts of plat just for some inventory space.

As well, if anyone asks, "Where can I get more Warframe/Weapon slots?" It's easier just to tell them "In the market under equipment then gear," instead of "Press Esc, then go to equipment, then inventory, then go to the weapons tab (or Warframe tab) and there's an option in the bottom right."

Having giftable slots sounds good also. Trade uses seem like they are more notably marked as mod or prime part exchanges. Having slots be a giftable commodity just streamlines a platinum exchange between players and also saves trade uses for more enterprising merchants.

So much this, as I've had to answer the above numerous time as well.

But yeah, I definitely agree with the OP regarding making slots have better ease-of-purchase, considering they're probably the main 'essential' goods that requires plat for Warframe.  This makes more sense not only for players for DE as well.

I think this is a great idea, new players are in desperate need for more slots, and can't always afford the credit tax for getting plat for those slots.  

As a side-note the inventory system is so all over the place that I can't even find the 'buy slots' button anymore, and have resigned to buying slots from the prompt when trying to withdraw too many things from the foundry.

I think this is a great idea, new players are in desperate need for more slots, and can't always affordAs a side-note the inventory system is so all over the place that I can't even find the 'buy slots' button anymore, and have resigned to buying slots from the prompt when trying to withdraw too many things from the foundry.

Yeah, a couple of my clanmates have resigned to the same thing as well. I'm hoping this thread gets a bit more attention now that people aren't on winter break anymore.