Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifiers Need A Change

geninrising

A short burst from my dex furis normally takes care of the bubble and they normally aren't a problem for me but i have two minor issues:

a) sometimes they come in packs of 3 and 4 from multiple exits- really they should be considered a special unit and should be only as prevalent as exim..i?

b)the animation of the bubble shrinking. This is just simply annoying, make it actually pop then reappear shortly afterwards I don't know why you insist on it shrinking. Totally unfun, and a waste of ammo, time, and focus in t4.

Edited by brasteir

The kind of a change Id like to see:

-Their knockdown resistance needs to be removed. Seriously, youre already taking a huge risk by running into that bubble to face tank his lanka and any other enemy inside it. Slam attacks should knock him down.

-Make them more rewarding. Right now he only gives around 95~ XP. Increase it to about 500~900 XP, and give them a small chance (1%?) to drop Neural Sensor. Just like how Oxium Osprays drop Oxiums regardless of what planet. 

-Lower his firepower. Maybe replace it with Tetra like alot of people are suggesting. A single enemy that provides cover to nearby units from bullets and abilities, while having a rapid fire Lanka that does hundreds of damage per shot is just wrong. Considering hes not an eximus unit and spawns regularly, his role should be support only. 

Edited by khk6

Lets make sure this stays a prevalent issue folks to ensure that we maintain choice of weapon no matter the faction or enemy. We should never be forced into using a specific gun no matter the circumstance and simple mechanics of enemies should NOT ever hinder use of our choices.

More feedback on the proposal would be appreciated!

The kind of a change Id like to see:

-Their knockdown resistance needs to be removed. Seriously, youre already taking a huge risk by running into that bubble to face tank his lanka and any other enemy inside it. Slam attacks should knock him down.

-Make them more rewarding. Right now he only gives around 95~ XP. Increase it to about 500~900 XP, and give them a small chance (1%?) to drop Neural Sensor. Just like how Oxium Osprays drop Oxiums regardless of what planet. 

-Lower his firepower. Maybe replace it with Tetra like alot of people are suggesting. A single enemy that provides cover to nearby units from bullets and abilities, while having a rapid fire Lanka that does hundreds of damage per shot is just wrong. Considering hes not an eximus unit and spawns regularly, his role should be support only. 

On this I really agree with all points except the last now that I think about it. Nullifiers SHOULD be dangerous to us, however with their already admittedly overpowered rifle they kind of miss the mark.

Let me re-iterate my idea regarding their weapon and how I think it should function WITH their mechanics.

I believe they should be given a Quanta, this would provide them a strong weapon for mid range that allows them to protect their source of protection THE BUBBLE and would also hinder Tenno from getting to close thus reinforcing the idea of "pop that bubble now before it gets too close!". 

I think that would limit the danger he poses to squishee caster frames(c'mon the thing already negates your ability to effectively combat everything he shelters) while still doing his job of protecting his peeps.

• 3 weeks later...

Nullifiers are fine, if your only argument remains that you do not want to equip an appropriate sidearm, read SIDEARM to deal with them or even refuse to switch weapons like primary to secondary altogether you have no argument at all! 

It is like the medieval bowman getting engaged in close combat and refuses to use a dagger/short sword to defend himself or opt to run away and instead demands that the enemy respectfully maintain their distance.

Edited by Hatzeputt

Nullifiers are fine, if your only argument remains that you do not want to equip an appropriate sidearm, read SIDEARM to deal with them or even refuse to switch weapons like primary to secondary altogether you have no argument at all! 

It is like the medieval bowman getting engaged in close combat and refuses to use a dagger/short sword to defend himself or opt to run away and instead demands that the enemy respectfully maintain their distance.

It is cool that you like to read into all of the arguments made about nullifiers. Cause you didn't.

nullifiers are not fine

shield stops bullets

shield stops ability's

lanka shots to fast

damage is to high can 1 shot shields and health or both if on certain frames

shield has a damage cap per bullet

shield has a cap at the rate it decreases

dangerous to frames that don't have some kinda of damage resistance or defensive skill such as snowglobe/shatter shield