The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Mastery 3 For Gorgon And 4 For Hek?

EzyBash

Sure the hek got nerfed but it is NOWHERE near useless.It's still perfectly viable.I sold my gorgon before the patch so i really cant say anything about it.

Besides,If they were mastery rank 1 what would be the point of leveling up your weapons?

Edited by Towermice

They should be buffed again anyway, mastery level isn't meant to affect the viability of a weapon (excluding mk1 braton etc.), everything's meant to be balanced.

Besides,If they were mastery rank 1 what would be the point of leveling up your weapons?

Well then why not add a handbag just for mastery 7?

Mastery is supposed to unlock new niche weapons, not straight upgrades. The hek and gorgon probably weren't designed to be used in every scenario- hek being a longer ranged shotgun that trades off some capacity, and gorgon best against targets with a lot of health.

As the title suggests, the gorgon and the hek have become useless weapons, make them accessible to mastery 1 or buff them again.

Shotguns works as intented. For the sake of testing i bought Boar cause it got hit most by this nerf(not only most pellets will miss above optimal ranges but also dmg  of those which hit will be lowered). Guess what when you use it close range it actually deals damage and its less risky than trying to melee not to mention that you actually need to sprint for about 1 second or do slide attack to cross these 10m. If you actually want to have long range shotgun then think how to balance it against snipetron or latron instead of giving it more dmg than mentioned have. Mastery requirements should be removed though.

Shotguns works as intented. For the sake of testing i bought Boar cause it got hit most by this nerf(not only most pellets will miss above optimal ranges but also dmg  of those which hit will be lowered). Guess what when you use it close range it actually deals damage and its less risky than trying to melee not to mention that you actually need to sprint for about 1 second or do slide attack to cross these 10m. If you actually want to have long range shotgun then think how to balance it against snipetron or latron instead of giving it more dmg than mentioned have. Mastery requirements should be removed though.

boars is the shotgun that got hit THE LESS bu this nerf , it was previously horrible past close range so nothing has changed, you would never have used boar for mid-long range before patch anyway.  Hek is the one who got destroyed

Sure the hek got nerfed but it is NOWHERE near useless.It's still perfectly viable.I sold my gorgon before the patch so i really cant say anything about it.

I would argue the Hek in its current state is inferior to the Strun; a shotgun that has a significantly lower mastery requirement (Rank 1) and also costs less platinum/credits to obtain.

Is that the same as being "useless"? No. But it's roughly equivalent to spending $200 at Macy's for a pair of tube socks I could pick up at WalMart for $2.

I would argue the Hek in its current state is inferior to the Strun; a shotgun that has a significantly lower mastery requirement (Rank 1) and also costs less platinum/credits to obtain.

You get the point.

I don't see what's wrong with gorgon, it's a fully auto group killer, what else do you want? explosive rounds that are laser accurate?? the gorgon's what it's meant to be, a short-mid range machine gun, not a 90 round full auto Latron

well I used the gorgon as a semi-automatic rifle against everything (that aren´t bosses, heavy units and ancients) at long range making one shot time be time, to the head aiming properly it used to be 100% accurate and as a sub machine gun with the low build fire rate against the required situation. i know, a pistol with 90 clip size may be over other rifles but thats a matter of buff the other rifles... they still aren´t what they used to be

said that now it can´t aim for a head at a medium distance... and it was the unique option to not use snipertron or paris ....

and for example my friend used it with high fire rate and multishot to make it a minigun, with low burst if needed. I understand, that build and maybe was the attempted, but then why made a mod system to make each weapon work as the player want?

the weapons on this game should be versatile able to be tweaked to the funcionality the player want with the mods like the weapons(parts) in blacklight retribution but not as far as that....

I wish the devs make more mods to fix the utilities of the weapons... like sound reduction (silencer) mods, increased or decreased spread mods, recoil mods, projectile speed, etc

Edited by KonRon

I don't see what's wrong with gorgon, it's a fully auto group killer, what else do you want? explosive rounds that are laser accurate?? the gorgon's what it's meant to be, a short-mid range machine gun, not a 90 round full auto Latron

Rank1 weapons are better now....just shut up.

PS: Try to understand what is spoken in the topic before answering.

Edited by EzyBash

The boltor is better at everything the Gorgon does, in every way.  There's simply no reason to use the Gorgon for anything now.

The Gorgon's damage is too low and it's accuracy too wild even at short range to be viable for anything at medium range. At best, it's a rifle-ammo using poor substitute for a shotgun with an overly long reload time.

It's sustained rate of fire make it decent at keeping a boss' shields down, but the boltor will do damage on top of that, reload's faster, is easier to control at medium and even longer ranges, and is available earlier so it can be leveled faster. The Gorgon fills no niche.

DE has said that it is as intended, which I think means they're focusing on the 1-shot perfect accuracy it used to have (which I agree it didn't need and shouldn't have had). They're ignoring that it's so inaccurate all the time, and does so little damage, and that especially with the shots disappearing when you're not the host, the gun is worthless. You're better off with a Braton Mk-1 IMO.

At least you can put rounds on target with it at ranges outside of close range.

Edited by ArsVampyre

They should be buffed again anyway, mastery level isn't meant to affect the viability of a weapon (excluding mk1 braton etc.), everything's meant to be balanced.

If everything is meant to be balanced, why lock certain weapons behind mastery levels at all?

To space out access to content and/or make new players feel less overwhelmed.

It's already spaced out by the amount of time it takes to earn blueprints, resources, and credits vs. the time needed to master a weapon.  Additional gating is superfluous if its just arbitrary.

To space out access to content and/or make new players feel less overwhelmed.

They've already done that with the blueprint system though. Basic guns are bought with credits outright instead of crafted, and new players aren't going to have the mats you need to craft a hek or gorgon.

Also, AFAIK there's only two weapons locked behind mastery ranks - gorgon and hek. If the intent were to simply space things out, you've gotta figure there'd more guns locked behind different mastery ranks.