Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want To Earn Something, Not Get It By Luck.

MAL1WAN

Might be a wall of text.

Yeah. Basically we are in Beta. I understand that. I just want to say here the things that I want to see in Warframe in the near future.

"I actually want to earn something, not get it by luck."

I quite understand why Rhino, Gorgon and Hek gets the hype. You need to reach a certain mastery rank before being able to buy those stuff. I also understand that most weapons & warframes do not require acquiring a specific Mastery Rank so all players can test if the weapon needs tweaking or not. So, maybe in the near future (official service perhaps), current & more weapons & warframes are going to be released that requires a certain Mastery Rank to get. (like Reaching Rank 9 to get S@#$%&*'s Warframe!) Because having a goal to earn for something is one the things that fuels the player to play the game.

Also, more things that could give us or drive us to complete missions and maps. Like acquiring an Orokin Reactor after completing Saturn(which would be a great boost for rookies), mod packs, credits or some one time get only BPs like a Corpus Beam Gun in completing other planets. I'm not asking this because I wanted more stuff for free as I am one those whom you could call a "dirty freeloader". Well, if not mods, credits or BPs, what sort of reward can be given to satisfy the player in completing a certain planet? I know simple congratulation trophies wouldn't do much.

The alert system is quite fine, I just request for a longer duration on good items like 3-10 hours for the Glaive or Potatoes to be fair for its rarity in appearance.

Yeh. I finally had the guts to say what I want to say to the Devs. I feel quite lighter now. I like almost every aspect of the game. I would spend money if Dollars aren't that expensive compared to a Peso. (dat Master's Package BF)

+1 the biggest flaw in the games progression system is that you don't really earn much.  You get a couple unlocks and earn credits, but it's very easy to get to a point where there isn't really a worthwhile goal to strive for.

I agree wholeheartedly. The fun of hunting frames is when you finally get that drop, but weapons arent like that. Same goes for alerts. I dislike how i have to constantly check to see if im gonna miss something that will come around for 20 mins and may not come again for potentially months, based on luck.

Because having a goal to earn for something is one the things that fuels the player to play the game.

I really don't get the modern outlook that there has to be a grind of some sort for a game to be worth playing. Whatever happened to playing a game because the gameplay itself is good? Let's face it, currently the game is a bit.. .shallow. There's relatively little content, and it's admittedly repetitive. But it's still damn fun. And that's why I play. Not because there are levels to grind or stuff to earn. The leveling is at best a sideshow, at worst an annoyance when that fun gun you want to use forces you to play easy missions because it can't kill and runs out of ammo against harder ones, or when your warframe just doesn't yet the durability and abilities to survive in harder ones.

Yea, i think the game needs to have another form to earn some Weapon Bps aside from the alerts. Alerts are a good way, but they arent a very stable way and i think thats what really annoyes people.  It isnt so much the fact that Alerts come and go, but the fact that you cannot predict when they will come and go with precision.

Also, more things that could give us or drive us to complete missions and maps. Like acquiring an Orokin Reactor after completing Saturn(which would be a great boost for rookies), mod packs, credits or some one time get only BPs like a Corpus Beam Gun in completing other planets.

I really like this idea.

I will admit a lot of my planet systems are unfinished. The missions at the end and in between paths are simply unlocked purely in case a timed alert happens there. I have no interest otherwise in actually completing those missions.

+1 to OP, basically no feeling of satisfaction in donig anything in the game that traditionally satisfies you.

Kill a boss? Good job, for eliminating this different skin of the same bullet sponge, you get....circuits...and "thief's wit". Try 40 more times and maybe you'll get saryn chassis. But probably not. 

Clear a whole planet? Good job....*crickets chirping*....ok moving on.

Clear the WHOLE GAME?!?! AMAAAAZZZZIII....oh....never mind.....*crickets chirping*

Honestly, it blows my mind how you don't at LEAST get an orokin reactor or SOMETHING for clearing the whole frigin map...honestly....

Agreed.

Would be better if we get some sort of reward after completing all the missions on a planet, killing a set amount of enemys on a mission;stuff like that..

So far, it doesnt feel "rewarding" to progress in the game and beat mission after mission & credits/random mod drops (which rarely are the ones your looking for)/sometimes a bp drop or even more of the crafting materials that are sitting unused in the thousands are only a motivation for so long...

Would this "gift" for completing the planetary system map be retro-active?? I started in Jan and I have all 9 starting planets completed, mainly cause I was bored and there currently is no story or anything other than farming really.  Warfarm lol.  But I like the idea. Would get me to finish the remaining 4 for sure

I really don't get the modern outlook that there has to be a grind of some sort for a game to be worth playing. Whatever happened to playing a game because the gameplay itself is good? Let's face it, currently the game is a bit.. .shallow. There's relatively little content, and it's admittedly repetitive. But it's still damn fun. And that's why I play. Not because there are levels to grind or stuff to earn. The leveling is at best a sideshow, at worst an annoyance when that fun gun you want to use forces you to play easy missions because it can't kill and runs out of ammo against harder ones, or when your warframe just doesn't yet the durability and abilities to survive in harder ones.

It's actually not a modern outlook..the modern outlook is Instant Gratification, the opposite of this. Anyways a grind is only one way of making an effort towards a goal....challenge is another obstacle that makes you work towards something and requires effort, and it of course increases satisfaction when you get the item. Different difficulty modes would help with this problem the OP mentions without being a grind.

Not that there's anything wrong with grinding...I feel much better when the last blueprint I need drops from a boss that I have been farming for a while than when I just happen to be online for an Alert, for example.

+1 for the OP.

I totally agree. Most of the stuff is "sideshow" in the long run. collecting frames? leveling? getting potatoes? I've pretty much done it all in my 3 months of play. I play cause I like playing. I wish people would think of this more like counter-strike but cooler. Anyone remember playing CS? DDust ALL DAY. You never leveled, you never advanced. It was more of a you get better as you play more kinda deal. I don't know why people see this differently other than the fact there are levels (but lets face it you could max out something in a day if you played all day) And after a month or two your mods will max out pretty quickly. Thats why I was so flabbergasted at the reactions of people when 7.0 came out and they lost their shield mods and were complaining about redirection not dropping. I mean sure I got mine after about a week after it came out... but I played around the fact I didn't have it. I went down a little more often, had to get revive a little more but I think I played better then cause the lack of shields FORCED me to play better. Yes it made solo pretty impossible in the high levels and the bosses weren't designed for you to be so squishy but otherwise it was mostly fine.

The weapon system leans that way as well. Most weapons are sidegrades instead of upgrades though there are obvious exceptions. Thats what I LIKE about this game. Playing longer SHOULDNT make you better. It should force you to refine your skills.

Edited by xenapan

I agree with the OP. There needs to be some sort of goal to reach in each system. Right now it's just lore and some chances at goodies. I think that if I complete an entire planet/sector maybe I should get 10 plat or something. After 2 systems I could get a few things...inventory slots, frame slot...save up a fe wmore systems and I can get a mod pack...maybe after most of the systems I can get a weapon or that frame I've been wanting. This only helps DE because once I get to make a purchase in the store, then I'm more likely to make another later (or right away).

Another good idea for a reward would be something like. "Congratz Tenno, you have cleared this sector, Vor will no longer threaten us. You will now receive Polymer Bundle (or whatever) each day for your efforts."

You wouldn't receive like 50/day, but maybe 5. So you login and maybe that 5 pushes you over to 500 or something so you don't have to farm Rubedo/Alloy Plate (that day). Or maybe you just let it build up and you have 50-100 saved up for something you intend to build all at once later. Once you have all the systems cleared you are getting a decent amount each day, but not a game-breaking amount...10 at most.

Or it could be based on the last mission you complete in the system. A SPY mission would give you intel on where to go for a rare drop (random place within the current system). It could be a resource, mod, or BP even. Extermination may just give you 500 bonus Affinity to your overall level.

Just little things that really don't mean a lot, but in the long run would just be great to have and make someone want more.

I agree with the OP. There needs to be some sort of goal to reach in each system. Right now it's just lore and some chances at goodies. I think that if I complete an entire planet/sector maybe I should get 10 plat or something. After 2 systems I could get a few things...inventory slots, frame slot...save up a fe wmore systems and I can get a mod pack...maybe after most of the systems I can get a weapon or that frame I've been wanting. This only helps DE because once I get to make a purchase in the store, then I'm more likely to make another later (or right away).

Another good idea for a reward would be something like. "Congratz Tenno, you have cleared this sector, Vor will no longer threaten us. You will now receive Polymer Bundle (or whatever) each day for your efforts."

You wouldn't receive like 50/day, but maybe 5. So you login and maybe that 5 pushes you over to 500 or something so you don't have to farm Rubedo/Alloy Plate (that day). Or maybe you just let it build up and you have 50-100 saved up for something you intend to build all at once later. Once you have all the systems cleared you are getting a decent amount each day, but not a game-breaking amount...10 at most.

Or it could be based on the last mission you complete in the system. A SPY mission would give you intel on where to go for a rare drop (random place within the current system). It could be a resource, mod, or BP even. Extermination may just give you 500 bonus Affinity to your overall level.

Just little things that really don't mean a lot, but in the long run would just be great to have and make someone want more.

Good ideas. I like them.

Honestly, it blows my mind how you don't at LEAST get an orokin reactor or SOMETHING for clearing the whole frigin map...honestly....

This is also a very good idea. I have about 4 or so missions still locked and I don't do them mostly because of laziness...if an alert appears over them I can unlock them fast or get an invite from a friend.

Unlocking the whole map is a bit tedious and unrewarding, so now that I have nearly all of it open I don't even want to finish those couple of missions i have left.

Alerts are ok, ones with the ? awards should just last longer (say 6-12 hrs) so it's not about just being lucky to be on in that 15-30 min window.  They should likely also be more difficuilt (than they currently are) so you atleast feel like you didnt just strole through the park (though that can be fun too occasionally), and you can potentially fail them if your not good enough.

As to reasons to clear planets.. maybe have them compound the drop rate so more planets you open the better your drop rate becomes.  It then becomes a choice of whether to unlock remaining planets or move on to bigger areas and tougher enemies.

While it would be nice to get a reward for completing an area, there is also little reason outside grinding to revisit them.

Personally I'd like mini-campaigns where missions (say some 3+ missions) link across for an ultimate goal so you get x or y blueprint reward from that chain, rather than simply being lucky at the boss drop at the end of the day, so then if you fail any one part of the chain on the mission you would have to start again from some reasonable point.. 

So on Uranus you may have to do a chain of say 5 linked missions, and if successful you get the Ash helm, then another different say 5 linking missions in Uranus gives the ash chassis at the end.

That would then feel always like you earned it rather than just lucky to get the otherwise random drop.

Edited by Loswaith

Can't see why anybody would object the OP, except just this question

Playing a whole system asks time. Time which RL is loath to gives us. Should only those be rewarded with more time to play then others ?

I'm glad that most people agree to what I have said.

It is a F2P Game. If you get all fast no one would by the items for platinum. Why should you buy catalyst reactors if you get them from completing planets?

I'm not saying that you would constantly get those by completing planets. I meant is you can get it one time by finishing a specific planet like Saturn, so you can supercharge your first warframe. I big help to tackle the rest of the system for newbies since a supercharged Warframe is a must, unlike weapons.

Completing other planets will give you rewards like mod packs, credits or BPs. Credits maybe a must for fusions and crafting,

Would this "gift" for completing the planetary system map be retro-active?? I started in Jan and I have all 9 starting planets completed, mainly cause I was bored and there currently is no story or anything other than farming really.  Warfarm lol.  But I like the idea. Would get me to finish the remaining 4 for sure

I think if the Devs would apply this, making it retro-active will be quite tedious.
Maybe a reset to the map completion maybe necessary. Not to worry right? If you like the game, playing through the maps will be fun, correct?

Edited by ReaverShale

a supercharged Warframe is a must, unlike weapons.

That is not true. You don't need 1000 shields and health to clear all. I cleared all without a catalyst reactor with a Loki. It is about combinating the right mods and skills. With only 30 mod points you have to think what you should use. With 60 it is just easymode. No challenges. And beginners can use the 50 beginner platinum to buy catalyst reactors.