Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sectors

Qynchou

Changes that have to be made:

Banished people should not be able to be revived - impossible to stop.

Banished people should not be able to disarm consoles - impossible to stop.

Players under invisibility should not be able to disarm consoles - not really possible to stop.

Snow globe duration should be reduced by 80% in dark sectors - people popping up a snow globe which stays for the full duration is ridiculous. Stage 1  - place one in the middle and you won the defending mission.

Specters should not give 4 times more experience than players - defending players get farmed way too fast since theres ALWAYS for some reason more defending players than attacking ones. Specters are a lot more easier to kill. It should be the other way around  - players should give 4 times more exp than specters.

Minimum mastery rank to enter should be 8-10 - too many people rank 0 to 3 entering and getting completely smashed and feeding the enemy.

Minimum conclave to enter 1000 - same point as above, PVP is endgame.

There should not be more defending players in the game than attacking. If 1 person is attacking he should only face 1 defending player + specters.

Defending player turrets are absolutely overpowered and should be nerfed. Their hitboxes are broken and most of the time theyre impossible to hit.

Defending players have a safe zone but attacking ones dont - extra special credit for this one to whoever is balancing dark sectors. Attacking players should have a safe zone.

Alliance members should not be able to attack their own solar rail - prevents said Mr 0-3 plants feeding on the attacker team.

I should be able to host a dark sectors game - 95% of the time (literally 95% of the time) if you join the attackers you pretty much get stomped because defending players are already farmed. As a matter of fact I should be able to join a dark sector game solo and play against specters. Thats the whole point, you win in efficiency and numbers, not players cheesing on defense.

Maximum tax rates have to be set at 20%, current situation is ridiculous and being exploited to no end.

Addendum: The more nodes you control, the harder they should be to hold, maintain, and repair. We need anti-monopoly practices in place to give more alliances a chance vs the established ones who are swimming in credits and resources from high taxes.

Changes that have to be made:

Banished people should not be able to be revived - impossible to stop.

Banished people should not be able to disarm consoles - impossible to stop.

Players under invisibility should not be able to disarm consoles - not really possible to stop.

There is a lot that needs to be corrected in what you said in this thread but I'll at least help you out with this one. 

Limbo or any other banished player isn't impossible to stop it just takes work... Take a moment & apply strategy. 

If your firearm doesn't hit him or your melee weapon, think of one other possibility (1 through 4 other possibilities) you could apply to attack them while banished. ;-)

There are other methods to stopping Limbo but you'll have to figure those out on your own.

I will also say, try to get others to join you in a rail battle. Teamwork is key. Its not impossible to solo against a team but once you're able to, you'll have fewer complaints about dark sectors.

The best piece of advice I can offer is "teaming up", even if you lose, learn. Losing isn't bad as rage quitting is, take tips from the guys killing you. I was one of those guys who hated the PvP Dark Sector change & now I'm very good at it. 

"Defending" players have a safe zone but attacking ones dont - extra special credit for this one to whoever is balancing dark sectors. Attacking players should have a safe zone.

".................." -_- Take a moment, get some coffee & repeat this to yourself.  

Edited by Genjinaro

-snip-

".................." -_- Take a moment, get some coffee & repeat this to yourself.  

Spawnkilling, happens very often on the attacking side.

Im not saying that Im the most amazing player and its purely imbalances fault, not at all, there are people with more skill and better gear, but the fact of the matter is that even one of these fixes (apart from the loki/limbo which isnt THAT big of a deal) would automatically balance the pvp.

Like I said, its infinitely easier to defend atm if the attackers dont gather a coordinated squad, specters give 4 times more experience than players and theres always more people defending than attacking, hence more specters will be on your side - defenders will level faster.

Some people dont want to join a clan or recruit a coordinated squad (which by the way would take time), Id personally would just like to jump in and play some balanced PvP. But when I jump in and everyone already have their vitalities and redirections delivered and im trying to use a weapon with no mods on it, im just not going to damage anyone.

Mod delivery system should be rebalanced to be more fluent but thats another topic.