Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Katana Weapon That Replaces The Primary And Sword

V45H

I really like the idea of dropping the primary to use much more effective melee weapons. However, I don't think people would like how this would interfere with regular (already powerful) melee weapons.

On the topic of DMC.. I would love to see a "Cerberus" weapon get introduced.

(Look it up if you're not familiar with Devil May Cry).

But yeah, a katana/weapon that utilizes the Japanese Iaido style sounds pretty good to say the least.

Even if at the cost of 'sacrificing' your primary weapon for it.

a triple nunchuk....but instead of just ice it should bet the triple threat of fire ice an elec standard dmg much like a combo of heat blade,amphis,and an ice born weapon they have yet to produce so they dont get nailed for copy right infringement and later they can hit it with a flail skin

Edited by DragoXXVIII

Not sure about the carbon fiber (Solid shades of color rather than textures look really good with the weapons of the game)

lotus2katana.jpg

lotus2katana2.jpg

this should be the warlord (clan  head) sword given to the clan leaders after formin a clan at least as a long sword skin

Edited by DragoXXVIII

I was drawing a sword

Was about to post it here too

But then I kept reading the posts and saw other contributions

They put my drawing to shame

Edited by Guest

Dude i see what you mean and as an artist myself...I'm may now die in peace...YOU SET ME FREEEEEE!!!....but before i die is this blade going to have its own style and also is there going to be a set of the blades ei- Tanto, Wakazashi, Shirasaya, or Tachi? but if there isnt you still have a badass idea. btw what are they preset colors you thought of?

would love to have this in-game! i always wanted my frames to specialize in melee. combos from left click and pressing "e" should differ though. imagine this while invisible! the damage you can do!

exactly, the game doesnt have enough options for melee yet and i absoluely hate the animations for the sword right now but of they add a katana the game will finally let me be the player that you, I, and a whole bunch of other people want to be!

How about we also get Sam's Murasama from Metal Gear Rising?

I mean...A Blade with a Gun Sheathe would fit a bit better as a weapon that would use your primary slot up as well. Hell, why not use Murasama as the inspiration for Iaido Katana's in Warframe?  

Murasama:

http://www.eldojogamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Metal-Gear-Rising-Revengeance-Samuel-Concept-Art-007.jpg

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1365/48/1365488780789.jpg

btw, because we are talking about katanas and the lack of japanese culture in the game. shouldnt we have a warframe based off of famous (and infamous) ninja and samurai? some of those would be Hatori "The Devil" Hanzo, Takeda Shingen, or even Sarutobi Sasuke. It seems like it was appropriate to post this here since the katanas you guys are talking about would be perfect for frame like that.

Edited by Daalienman

hey how do i share a picture here? i cant figure it out.

1. Copy the URL of the picture itself or

Upload a picture for example via apload.de and copy the directlink

2. post it between the commands (img) and (/img) like this (img) url (/img) but use square brackets -> ]

Edited by Herr2maZ

So seeing the work you guys posted made me want to contribute to the community a little more. DragoXXVIII and V45H's swords inspired me to make the katana on the left but it still has no name yet. The blade on the right is one I made many of over the years in my sketch books. That blade's name is Kage and I thought I'd share these with you all knowing this is the place to do it.

images-i238719bea1bz.jpg

So seeing the work you guys posted made me want to contribute to the community a little more. DragoXXVIII and V45H's swords inspired me to make the katana on the left but it still has no name yet. The blade on the right is one I made many of over the years in my sketch books. That blade's name is Kage and I thought I'd share these with you all knowing this is the place to do it.

images-i238719bea1bz.jpg

The sword that Drago Quoted was my sword design. I havent made any more tweaks to the design yet.

The sword that Drago Quoted was my sword design. I havent made any more tweaks to the design yet.

oh ok, still great sword though, I have it in my desktop slide show lol. But i really hope they get you design into the game. It's time for a katana to be in the game.

images-i238719bea1bz.jpg

Really nice swords, but the shape doesn't fit katanas. They are too short and bent a bit to sharp.

I hope you take that as a constructive criticism. Don't want to offend you.

Ahem... :D

Metal Gear Rising!

Oh no... I don't like Raiden -.-

Edited by Herr2maZ

Really nice swords, but the shape doesn't fit katanas. They are too short and bent a bit to sharp.

I hope you take that as a constructive criticism. Don't want to offend you.

Ahem... :D

Oh no... I don't like Raiden -.-

Thanks for telling me what i should change. That information was very much welcome and also I wan to know if I should just make regular looking katanas and not stylize them so much....I think I went overboard with these ones lol. but seriously, I just want some suggestions so that i can contribute more to this topic. Thanks!