Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Katana Weapon That Replaces The Primary And Sword

V45H

You know, I've always wondered what a modern (or future) military sword would look like considering the combination of eastern & western knowledge of material science & forging available now (and in the future). What influences would it take for each in search of a superior combat blade? Of course, we just can't know for sure because people obviously don't take swords into combat in the modern age.

Put another way; the reason European, Persian, & Japanese/Chinese swords looked the way they do was a combination of culture & the incomplete knowledge of material science they had in those days. With our vastly greater knowledge of materials & international/borderless aesthetic culture, what would a modern battle sword look like?

Edited by SaladSnake

there arent to many ppl on the world that can make a proper katana as good as they used to be so the knowledge we have isnt superior to that they had back in those days, so the thing is we cant make a better sword now than we could 500 years ago

i just want a sword that functions as a primary -.-

OMG! that would be sick! and when you run with the sord with holding down mous button one it would charge and once released it would cut the enemies in front of you! (of course there would be certain range of the attack) but yea this topic needs way more attention...i mean really this game is about ninjas...AND THERE ARE NO KATANAS OR EVEN NINJATOS! so please tell your friends about this topic and also let someone in the design council know so they can suggest this. BTW, when are we getting the scarbes and new helmets?

i would love a traditional influenced "modern" katana. and i dont care if it is meeleslot+primaryslot or just meele, i dont care.

i just NEED a Katana for my Ash! would be soooo awesome!

i second that idea! hell yeah!

ya i agree you just can not be a ninja with out a katana or ninjato and the skana is a poor excuse for one we need a traditional katana if the devs give us that my ash warframes will be complete

OMG! that would be sick! and when you run with the sord with holding down mous button one it would charge and once released it would cut the enemies in front of you! (of course there would be certain range of the attack) but yea this topic needs way more attention...i mean really this game is about ninjas...AND THERE ARE NO KATANAS OR EVEN NINJATOS! so please tell your friends about this topic and also let someone in the design council know so they can suggest this. BTW, when are we getting the scarbes and new helmets?

I am on the council

pm them a link or something or get there attention so they look at it

I have but feel free to again

Visual-wise: pangolin sword. 'Nuff said.

But seriously. The whole "replace 2 weapons with 1 melee" is a very, very bad idea. It might "look cool" or whatever, but that novelty is going to wear off after the first 5-10 or so minutes. It's exactly why demo-knighting in TF2 ended up being dumb and boring: you'll be TOO limited, just for the sake of looking kind of "cool".

I think this has gotten "bad idea" written all over it, I have to say.

...though you guys (OP and other posters) might be on to something about the whole sheath-thing. Hasn't anyone ever thought about how ridiculous it looks to have a sword hovering on/behind your back? It's not even attached to you with a sling or anything! It's just... hanging in mid-air, like an inch from your back. Those Tenno might be badass assassins, but they sure don't know much about handling swords or such in a safe manner!

Edited by Captain_Seasick

But seriously. The whole "replace 2 weapons with 1 melee" is a very, very bad idea. It might "look cool" or whatever, but that novelty is going to wear off after the first 5-10 or so minutes. It's exactly why demo-knighting in TF2 ended up being dumb and boring: you'll be TOO limited, just for the sake of looking kind of "cool".

...though you guys (OP and other posters) might be on to something about the whole sheath-thing. Hasn't anyone ever thought about how ridiculous it looks to have a sword hovering on/behind your back? It's not even attached to you with a sling or anything! It's just... hanging in mid-air, like an inch from your back. Those Tenno might be badass assassins, but they sure don't know much about handling swords or such in a safe manner!

Pangolin?? really? Nothing but a katana wannabe That thing looks like a katana/scimitar mix to me. I got it simply because it was the closest thing to a traditional japanese sword this game has. That being said I used it for two missions then discarded it (stopped using, didn't actually delete it) unhappy with the visuals. It's like it was staring me in the face saying "Im a fake POS that kind of looks like a katana" 

Edited by Asanogawa

first off

I don't care because your the only person against the idea thus far and second a lot of people would like this and lastly.

WE ARE NINJA ITS WHAT THE GAME IS ABOUT!