The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Formorians Are Sentient Reverse Engineering

GunDownGrace

thanks for the support :D it makes sense,i mean...the lotus has us doing all this stuff,she organizes it like a master chess player...

and then suddenly lotus`s efforts lose effectiveness to the point where the grineer develope energy weapons?and then the formorians show up out of nowhere,fully functional,despite all the damage we did to them in previous events?

logic dictates there must be another chess player in the game thats manipulating the factions...my vote is for janus >.> (the janus vor keeps blabbering about)

Don't think of it like adding a new player to the board, try to connect the existing players. We don't need to introduce loads and loads of extra stuff for everything to make sense, all the pieces are already in front of us.

Instead of assuming the Grineer had to have gotten energy weapons from someone else, just take what we already know and it seems like the tenno aren't as effective as we first thought. We're great against armies, not so good against a massive system-spanning infrastructure. 

Also, janus is the name of his key.

Edited by vaugahn

Keep in mind though, DE_Kary discussed in the DC that the Gammacor, among other pieces, did not retain it's original visual intent and was a 'failed concept' from an art standpoint. This could very well have contributed to the Gammacor's end result as far as faction association is concerned.

All I'm trying to say is that it has gone through some development bumps and using it as evidence to support ANY theory is probably not wise nor effective.

I'm pretty sure we aren't supposed to openly discuss DC content. But if I remember correctly he mentioned that the gammacore was a weapon designed by the cephalons, which if i'm correct, technically makes it an Orokin weapon. Also the failure was in animation, not design, the original idea was to make the hand open palm and the pieces float randomly around the hand while firing.

And as for the balor formorian using sentient tech as the main weapon. Imagine if that's how DE brought the sentients back? The grineer accidentally reactivating one while in search of new weapons to fight the tenno. First the infested and now the sentients, way to doom the world grineer.

And as for the balor formorian using sentient tech as the main weapon. Imagine if that's how DE brought the sentients back? The grineer accidentally reactivating one while in search of new weapons to fight the tenno. First the infested and now the sentients, way to doom the world grineer.

agreed,id think logic would dictate that an insane person (vay hek) thats done many insane things to acheive there goals (again vay hek) would likely do so again regardless of the consequences

I'm pretty sure we aren't supposed to openly discuss DC content.

Not that simple The rules dictate you're not supposed to extract content from the DC and then paste it somewhere else onto the forums - and that really only applies to assets about in-development content, not content that's already been shipped and is just being discussed.

Also the failure was in animation, not design, the original idea was to make the hand open palm and the pieces float randomly around the hand while firing.

Elements of the design contributed to the restrictions of the animation. I'm no 3D artist (or at least not a very affluent one) but the two go hand in hand - especially with something like the Gammacor that is so abstract to begin with. 

Anywho, we're officially off topic. So back to your relevant point.

But if I remember correctly he mentioned that the gammacore was a weapon designed by the cephalons, which if i'm correct, technically makes it an Orokin weapon.

You are correct, even though it's not really official (but hey, what is official these days?). My main point still stands, which is that I'm simply saying that the Gammacor is such an anomaly that using it as evidence to support theories about lore [at this moment in Warframe's evolution] seems a little frivolous. Nothing else I said was really all that important - I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.

Not that simple The rules dictate you're not supposed to extract content from the DC and then paste it somewhere else onto the forums - and that really only applies to assets about in-development content, not content that's already been shipped and is just being discussed.

Elements of the design contributed to the restrictions of the animation. I'm no 3D artist (or at least not a very affluent one) but the two go hand in hand - especially with something like the Gammacor that is so abstract to begin with. 

Anywho, we're officially off topic. So back to your relevant point.

You are correct, even though it's not really official (but hey, what is official these days?). My main point still stands, which is that I'm simply saying that the Gammacor is such an anomaly that using it as evidence to support theories about lore [at this moment in Warframe's evolution] seems a little frivolous. Nothing else I said was really all that important - I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.

after reading that post i feel like my brain cells were rearranged,but i agree,my hats off to you ^-^ (thought i dont wear hats XD)