Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Primary Weapon?

(XBOX)ZaBaconator3000

Question

Hek is my go-to primary for mostly everything.

I've got it formad probably six times now.

The way I've got it built With punch through and multishot, not to mention all the 90% elemental mods, it one shots basically everything; also, you can use it as a sniper until the enemies get above level 30.

Synoid Gammacor is real beast. It out performs primaries, but there's no real good way of getting punch through on it and it only has a 15m range. You can get around it with volt shield or by not caring about your range and being close to things, but secondaries don't really compete with primaries for general use. Although you can certainly just use a good secondary instead of a primary and do just fine. Especially the synoid, which you can literally hold left click on and whip your mouse around and anything your mouse glances over melts instantly.

edit: And to be clear, I don't think there is a clear best. For secondaries it's pretty much synoid gammacor no debate unless you really want range or a healing proc on your secondary for some reason. For primaries there's around 5-8 weapons that are fairly equal with various pros and cons. I'd say Boltor Prime/Soma Prime/Quanta are probably top 3 in no particular order, and then slightly below them there's a bunch of stuff that lots of people have mentioned here. I might be wrong on amprex placement though I don't have experience with it.

I know this post is really old, but for anyone stumbling on it like I did...

You sir, have apparently never heard of our Lord and Savior, Lex Prime, and his benevolent underling, Vaykor Marelok.

-end Secondaries reply-

Anyway, regarding a "best" Primary, I'll agree with the majority here that there really isn't one singular "best".

The Boltor Prime isn't really a "newbie" weapon, which so many claim it to be, nor more than the Quanta is an "elitist" weapon. It's strictly up to personal favoritism and opinions.

So my top-tier / most-used Primaries (in descending order of favoritism) include:

Braton Prime

Boar Prime

Boltor Prime

Dread / Paris Prime

Synoid Simulor

Hek / Vaykor Hek

Tonkor

And my most used Secondary is obviously, the Lex Prime. Who doesn't love 1-shotting a Level 80 Corrupted Bombard / HG? The Vaykor Marelok, Synoid Gammacore, Sonicor, and the Hikou Prime are the official runner-ups.

Edited by (XB1)Austinjt126

What is it? Is it the Soma, Latron Prime, Braton Prime, or something else? I know the answers will vary but I'm looking for the best weapon to use.

I have polarised a lot of weapons and if you have piercing cal Boltor prime is by far the one with the most use and over all the best my top 2 is Boltor Prime and Emprex, ammo is low on this one but the dmg is awesome and with volt shields this is nasty (Sadly they fixed volt shield it was also giving infinite range to Emprex and Synoid Gammacor). There is ofc weapons better in situations.

Edited by (XB1)IRUM Ozone

Hey man, for the best weapons in game I would say that: 

For Primary Weapons

Boltor Prime, Soma Prime, Vectis Prime, Dread, Tonkor, Synoid Simulor are the god tier weapons currently.

For Secondary Weapons,

Vaykor/Marelok, Kulstar (One of my favorite Rocket launchers), Aksomati, Synoid Gammacor are very strong

For Melee Weapons,

Dual Kamas Prime, Tipedo, Broken-War, Redeemer (Extremely broken due to Stealth Multiplier with Shotguns, can reach up to 3000 damage in one shot with invis), Prisma Dual Cleavers are really strong.

Short answer:

There isn't one. Next question.

Long answer:

"Best" is subjective. We know nothing about your preferences. Don't know if you like shotguns, single-shot weapons, charge weapons, beam weapons, full-auto, bows, explosives.... there's too many classifications of weapon to say "This is the best weapon" because some weapon is going to excel elsewhere. People say the Tonkor due to being a crit explosive gun- I'm personally not a fan of the Tonkor because it can be awkward to aim, let alone hit anything. Other people might not be phased by that. My baby is an Opticor, which I ended up putting 5 Forma on, and as such it can obliterate virtually anything now. Others find its sniper'ish aspects with no zoom and charge to be kinda awkward. And then there's always shotguns- they're nice and all, except for the fact you have to be in someone's face to hit them with every pellet most of the time. Others might not care. Soma Prime? Those crits and accuracy are nice, but every now and then it will do no crits. Boltor Prime? Good luck hitting anything at long range with it.

Every good weapon has a con to it somewhere to where another weapon does a certain job better. There is no ultimate weapon.

well i dont have any prime weapons yet(void is still challenging for me) for now i have two weapon loadouts on my only warframe, mag

i either go with: boltor+ether sword(with iron phoenix, have no idea how i got it) and the seer

or vulkar+gammacor+ether sword(i am currently outa inventory slots)