Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Slash Dash To Ignore Range Affecting Mods And Use The Melee Weapon.

Innocent_Flower

Currently, you can make slash dash happen over a single meter, or over a single mile. an unfortunate byproduct of building for either radial javelin or radial blind. Stop that. Have it only affected by damage and efficiency. 

Second change, one that we've been asking for a long time; have slash dash use the melee weapon's damage, with power strength affecting the multiplier of damage it does. (that augment is redundant. Should be in the frame anyway. Possibly change the augment to deal with range control. ) 

Now give me all your +1s

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Or... you know..... they could have it actually be modified by Range rather than its distance being controlled by Duration.  Why remove a controllable variable from a skill when you could instead just put its controllability onto a more managable/synergetic area that still fits to an extent?

As for the second part, curious.  Not really sure if I'm for or against it using melee damage to modify its power or not to be honest.  The combo side is a whole other thing for me though since I feel like the combo counter is largely irrelevant.

Or... you know..... they could have it actually be modified by Range rather than its distance being controlled by Duration.  Why remove a controllable variable from a skill when you could instead just put its controllability onto a more managable/synergetic area that still fits to an extent?

I'd be happy for that, though if you were building either build, you'd give yourself a massive range boost, and would travel very (too) far. 

I'd be happy for that, though if you were building either build, you'd give yourself a massive range boost, and would travel very (too) far. 

To that end I'd just say you can't always have everything of everything.  Having to make sacrifices for one ability to make another stronger is perfectly okay to me, it's a little silly when a frame has a clear cut build type by only using certain types of modifiers.  Of course frames shouldn't be a split focused train wreck of alternating variables, but having to make a clear cut choice between an advantage on different skills is a good thing overall.

as we can see with Hysteria, having Melee Weapons apply to Abilities is a double edged sword.

sure, it's kind've novelty that your Melee Weapon affects it. but then you realize that two or three Melee Weapons are multiplicatively more effective than the others.

so then you're locked into using just those because they're SO MUCH better.

and how Ballistic Battery is best used with a Crit Weapon, and if you don't have a Crit Weapon, that the ability is basically useless.

so having Weapons apply to Abilities is a tricky situation. it's nice to have, but it needs to be in such a way as that one or two Weapons aren't miles ahead of the others, effectively making choice out of the question because disparity is too large.

so having Weapons apply to Abilities is a tricky situation. it's nice to have, but it needs to be in such a way as that one or two Weapons aren't miles ahead of the others, effectively making choice out of the question because disparity is too large.

Interesting. Maybe slash dash could become EVEN MORE INTERESTING. 

Even if there's a best weapon, you could add procs. Different procs. Just from slash, impact and puncture could you have some cool effects. 

I can see the logic in your reservation, but it's still a step forward, no? 

Even if there's a best weapon

that's just it though.

for Ballistic Battery, Soma, a Bow, Latron Prime, Et Cetera - can be pulling 50,000+ from the Ability.

other Weapons.... they just get 1600 Damage. for some of them, that's saving one shot, or not even close to a single shot.

Crit Melee's on Hysteria are... obviously vastly superior than ones that aren't.

the problem isn't that one is just a bit better, it's that some options for Abilities that are affected by Weapons that we have currently, are more than 30x better than other options.

the disparity there is just too large.

having Abilities affected by Weapons is great. brainstorming enough to ensure that it's fair for everyone just comes with the territory.

You know what, being a main excalibro I must say stop.

If anything, anything at all. When it comes down to any changes, I'd say visually upgrades are always good or even additional use of abilities are good.

If any changes were to be, I'd say make Radial Javelin like it used to be, it used to be LoS (Line of Sight) and with a damage boost to (2k) not only will the ability be viable, it will be where it really wants to be.

Slash dash is fine, its a duration ability, just like rhino charge. Range is the width of the cut or knockdown. Only change I'd want for slash das is to be able to directional the slash, If I want to super sia senpai my way in a figure (8) and kill the enemies within that figure (8) I can. 

Super Jump, is just awesome. Simply one of the better mobility and survivabilities in the game.

Blind? Awesome, after the LoS patch it's epic. Logically and practical when needed. 

TLDR; Excalibur is one of the most balanced frames, if not the best. With some more changes, it can become perfection of whom he is. Please dont ruin him because you dont manage to fit you'r build. :((