Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Suggestion With Nova Prime Build

(PSN)TonGNisM

Question

6 answers to this question

I would swap Natural Talent for Flow or Primed Flow, as all of Nova's ability animations are quick to cast anyway, and Natural Talent doesn't make Molecular Prime expand faster iirc. If you can get your hands on Primed Continuity too, all the better.

I'd also do a 4/5 Streamline and 4/5 Fleeting Expertise combo to hit efficiency cap instead of the 3/5 5/5 thing you've got going there, and take Narrow Minded all the way to the top. You only need a rank 4(?) Transient Fortitude + 5/5 Intensify to get the 75% slow/firerate on enemies, but going beyond that won't really hurt your duration much, and bumping it up to full will give you just under 1500 damage per explosion. You can swap Transient for Blind Rage if you really want to, but you'd have to take Fleeting expertise and Streamline all the way to the top and it will still cost 65 energy as opposed to 25, for no extra cc and only ~400 more damage per explosion.

I build around M Prime as a large area (50m) soft CC with respectable damage.

Here's the build I'm working toward(Primed mods are a pain to level):http://goo.gl/ZG8tPL

Blind Rage Variant (viable with Primed Flow):http://goo.gl/zsafY3

Edited by DrMeowmix

Actually, maximum slowing is achieved at +45% power strength. The entire power strength effect is actually misrepresented, and many frames scale differently based on how it adds.

Molecular Prime can be considered to have a base power strength of 30 points for 30% slow. As proof; Overextended will reduce this by 60 points for -30% slowing, or 1.3x movement speed.

My build runs:

Redirection

Rush

Narrow Minded, Continuity, Constitutuion

Blind Rage (4), Streamline

Natural Talent

I find that I can typically pick up four energy drops between castings, since the duration is plenty, and it will cover the entire Void Defense/Interception map.

While BR((4)+Streamline takes up two slots, it has no sacrifice in duration, which is extremely valuable in MP, increasing the range, the duration of the field (enemies can spawn inside, and are primed on spawning), and how long enemies remain primed for.

Natural Talent is pretty useful for me, since MP has a fairly long cast animation, and Nova is not a particularly durable frame.

Edited by Kthal

I would swap Natural Talent for Flow or Primed Flow, as all of Nova's ability animations are quick to cast anyway, and Natural Talent doesn't make Molecular Prime expand faster iirc. If you can get your hands on Primed Continuity too, all the better.

I'd also do a 4/5 Streamline and 4/5 Fleeting Expertise combo to hit efficiency cap instead of the 3/5 5/5 thing you've got going there, and take Narrow Minded all the way to the top. You only need a rank 4(?) Transient Fortitude + 5/5 Intensify to get the 75% slow/firerate on enemies, but going beyond that won't really hurt your duration much, and bumping it up to full will give you just under 1500 damage per explosion. You can swap Transient for Blind Rage if you really want to, but you'd have to take Fleeting expertise and Streamline all the way to the top and it will still cost 65 energy as opposed to 25, for no extra cc and only ~400 more damage per explosion.

I build around M Prime as a large area (50m) soft CC with respectable damage.

Here's the build I'm working toward(Primed mods are a pain to level):http://goo.gl/ZG8tPL

Blind Rage Variant (viable with Primed Flow):http://goo.gl/zsafY3

Actually, maximum slowing is achieved at +45% power strength. The entire power strength effect is actually misrepresented, and many frames scale differently based on how it adds.

Molecular Prime can be considered to have a base power strength of 30 points for 30% slow. As proof; Overextended will reduce this by 60 points for -30% slowing, or 1.3x movement speed.

My build runs:

Redirection

Rush

Narrow Minded, Continuity, Constitutuion

Blind Rage (4), Streamline

Natural Talent

I find that I can typically pick up four energy drops between castings, since the duration is plenty, and it will cover the entire Void Defense/Interception map.

While BR((4)+Streamline takes up two slots, it has no sacrifice in duration, which is extremely valuable in MP, increasing the range, the duration of the field (enemies can spawn inside, and are primed on spawning), and how long enemies remain primed for.

Natural Talent is pretty useful for me, since MP has a fairly long cast animation, and Nova is not a particularly durable frame.

Thank you both of you very much. I will keep this to improve my build.

Max duration is only needed on Defenses - for Survivals you generally don't want to be priming enemies outside the main room you're in, as it'll slow the rate enemies get to you = less life support. Plus, as new spawns arrive you'll have to be recasting fairly frequently.

AMD is an amazing damage ability and should be used often. Crappy efficiency makes that harder to do.

Because of AMD spam, I tend to always use maximum efficiency, even if I have to sacrifice some duration. The AMD augment is a mixed bag, some people like it (I don't), and installing it means you need a lot of range to make work properly, which means no NM - which means greatly reduced range of MP. I do use a AMD augment build for survivals because, again, you don't need all that duration.

+45% ps for a capped snare can also be reached with TF, or with Intensify and R1 Blind Rage, both of which allow you to still reach the efficiency cap of 75%.

Edit: I use http://goo.gl/EF9VgK for Void defenses - more than enough duration, can swap PCont for Cont just fine. Just cast twice on either side of the pod if you start having duration issues. It'll still be cheaper to cast O.o. 

Edit2: Don't forget that CP aura for Void/Grineer!

Edited by Darzk

I use this Build

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nova_prime/t_30_240023023_2-6-10-4-2-5-5-3-5-6-7-5-8-8-5-13-5-3-49-1-10-411-4-10-479-0-10_479-7-49-8-4-9-5-9-411-8-13-7-2-12-6-6-8-14_0/en/1-0-32

Nearly max duration for a big Ult radius, a good portion of dmg and health instead of shield because slash dmg.

No Fleeting Expertise because it lowers the Ult duration to much for my taste and you find enough energy on the ground.