Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Happy Corpus Fun Time Hyper Ninja Go!

Dunedin

Random name aside. Kind of collecting the art I've been doing for a frame design and compiling it as a thread here.

She's honestly kind of an anthropomorphic MOA that I integrated some frame styling and a bit of Lotus into. Seemed to work out well on looking Corpus-y and robotic.

Info on her can be found here.

v

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/317324-corpus-frameboss-concept-25-eithne/

This piece is by Pocollahttp://pocolla.deviantart.com/

The rest are my mediocre doodles. :p

finish_zps6dd99a1a.jpg

Turnabout Sheet and Color Scheme!

Esperredeco_zpse40ebd63.png

New Helmet!

SCAN0142_zps89be4093.jpg

Standing Poses

Noble

pose_noble_zps255f4fb7.jpg

Agile

pose_agile_zps71a10b6a.jpg

Color Variants

EsperTint2_zpsa2bb1b39.png
EsperTint4_zps9616766e.png
Espertint5_zps70802c98.png
EsperTint23_zps12f9831f.png

Rifle Concept

block_zpsa487d6a0.jpg

Sketchy Pencil Designs

IMG_20140928_122301_zps45ec26af.jpg
SCAN0124_zps533d4576.jpg

SCAN0147_zps5d61a2fd.jpg

Odds N' Ends

SCAN0141_zpsa87741c4.jpg

SCAN0140_zps6d0b3633.jpg

SCAN0139_zps9be02f9e.jpg

Edited by Dunedin

It is her armor? o_o

She does have quite a bit of robo-butt going on I guess. >_>

But it's shiny and metal, perfect for telling enemies to kiss.

EDIT: Honestly it probably is a byproduct of my usual joke on the game for the fact that you get an up-close shot of all the warframe's butts upon the start of every mission, so for a while I called the game buttframes.

I ensure DE that it's a title of endearment.

Edited by Dunedin

I can honestly say I would not mind seeing this in game. given a decent power set, id farm her or maybe even buy her.

I do hope a DE Staff Member notices this. and if they are feeling generous, maybe leave a comment stating there line of though on her.

Though, I would love to hear the back story one how she got so, Techy. my kind of girl.

If you cover up the boob window and change the piece at the small of her back and crotch so it doesn't look like a thong, it'd be better. Maybe it's just the way they're drawn that looks weird, anyway, looks cool overall.

Edited by DarkTails

Kinda went that way since it matches the way Trinity, Nova, Nyx, Mag, Excalibur, Valkyr, and to a degree Ember are designed.

Can always pane over the boob window, that part was somewhat directly riffing on the Lotus design.

EDIT: That does bring up an interesting question to me though. All female frames really save Zephyr and kinda Trinity basically just have a skintight looking suit. This one is somewhat like Zephyr in that it has more mass obscuring the base shape, yet it does get called out on certain things.

Is there a particular disconnect when the armor is unadorned and just a bodysuit, or r is it that the extra components just happen to make people pay attention to those certain things more?

Edited by Dunedin

I just realized the one thing I didn't quite get about this 'frame: What's her 'personality'?

Things like idle stances, signature weapons, perhaps even cosmetics or weapons to accompany her? 

Overall, though, one my favorite Warframe fan concepts.

or is it that the extra components just happen to make people pay attention to those certain things more?

That's most likely it, if she didn't have a crotch piece and that thing above her butt crack I wouldn't even pay attention to those areas. My eye also gravitates towards Nova's and Nyx's coochies because they have features there that draw my attention.

And... and I mean that in all senses of that sentence xD

Edited by DarkTails

I just realized the one thing I didn't quite get about this 'frame: What's her 'personality'?

Things like idle stances, signature weapons, perhaps even cosmetics or weapons to accompany her? 

Overall, though, one my favorite Warframe fan concepts.

If I said childish, would that be a bad thing?

I didn't poke about her personality too much, but on the concept page for her I kinda give some info about how she reacts to the situation around being made. She really never gets given the time to understand what's going on beyond the initial concept of the project and the consequences quickly spirals out of control.

So I'd largely characterize her as being dazed and aloof with a bit of a sense of powerlessness. Wouldn't call her unknowing, but it's a bit of a carefree attitude that comes off as a tad fatalistic.

Her powers reflects this in the manner they are designed to break things down around her and somewhat detach her from the situation. I'm not the best artist though as you can see by the sketches, and I generally focus on the somewhat technical side of things more than the figurative, which makes them a tad rigid/bland. :\

Not really certain what I'd give her as a weapon, primarily because I kind of detail in her power set that she's not actually allowed to use them when one of her powers is activated.

If I did give her anything I'd probably prefer it not be anything notably bulky or obtrusive, Like perhaps a sparring weapon that does slashing damage designed as mounted blades on the arms/legs would be nice.

Guns...I got no clue.

EDIT: Shell-shocked is perhaps a better term for her I guess.

Childish implies some things I really don't mean she's unaware of her circumstance, but she's basically got a lot that stacks against her rapidly and it causes a mental detachment from the situation. 

Edited by Dunedin

-Snip-

Do you mean like 'Naive'/'Innocent', or more 'Unconscious'?

I know what you mean about the 'rigidness' in creating a design; it's one of the reasons I even ask about this idea, because I know there's more to than you've let on, or at least there should be more to it if there isn't. A good design deserves good expansion.

Do think more on any additions that could potentially come alongside her. Weapons, cosmetics, companions, the like.

I kinda mean like she's mentally overloaded. Her plot is a pretty quick roller-coaster of events that she really gets the short end of the stick on. Her personality as a result is the result of a mental break that distances her from the pain and chaos of it. It comes off as a bit dreamy I I guess.

Unconscious is a decent analogy, but I don't really wanna call her unaware. It's why I say she'd be sort of shell-shocked and fatalistic. Kind of like "Yeah, that Napalm soldier and his gun could probably hurt me, that'd be cool." It's not like she enjoys pain, more like she wants to end it. The seemingly carefree behavior comes out of that, where she's distancing herself mentally from her problems while simultaneously looking for an ultimate solution.

So for stances it'd be something unnecessarily relaxed I guess, like holding her weapons down and a soft posture accompanied by the occasional moment of grabbing at her arm in response to a phantom limb sensation or a momentary spasm like she's waking up before shaking it off and relaxing again.

And I wouldn't mind a new sniper rifle, but Corpus already have the Lanka. :\

Maybe a semi-auto Corpus rifle to compare against the Tiberon and Burston(P).

I did have lasso-type power I'd designed for pitching enemies around. That might make of an interesting option as a weapon.

Based most of her on MOA, her legs are pretty much just humanized references i took straight off these fellers.

MOAsDE.png

EDIT: Basically I just dropped the last third of the leg by the foot and straightened it a bit.

It is funny you mention Vauban though, because I occasionally bicker with others that aesthetically he's the most Corpus themed of any of the present warframes. XD

Edited by Dunedin

Based most of her on MOA, her legs are pretty much just humanized references i took straight off these fellers.

MOAsDE.png

EDIT: Basically I just dropped the last third of the leg by the foot and straightened it a bit.

It is funny you mention Vauban though, because I occasionally bicker with others that aesthetically he's the most Corpus themed of any of the present warframes. XD

I mostly saw the resemblance in the backs of the legs. They have a much boxier shape when viewed in the back.

http://wikiwiki.jp/warframe/?plugin=ref&page=VAUBAN&src=vauban_fl.jpg

Made a concept rifle to go along with her. It's kind of a corpus gun to fill in the niche of a semi-burst fire rifle using their theme, and trying to build it around the idea of utilizing a charge mode to fire the bursts while upping the crit and proc rate. Might shift it one way or the other.

SCAN0147_zps5d61a2fd.jpg

EDIT: Already fiddled with it a bit because I got the idea that I could push the notion of it being a marksman rifle and a burst riffle more strongly.

I'm letting the standard shot have a high crit chance and damage but a low status chance so that it's primarily pushing damage.

Then, when you charge the shot it drops the crit chance and damage down while it enhances the status chance and fires off a three round burst so that the probability of it proccing on an enemy is really high.

Edited by Dunedin

Yeah your suggestion in the concept thread got me mulling it over and I stumbled into trying to see what advantages I could most strongly impress on them. It does mean that the burst fire mode won't really be doing players any favors on damage rate, but it does have the hidden effect of being an additional multiplier on the status effect chance which lets the gun be relatively favorable for some of the elemental effects.

It fits in well with the frame thematically too since it provides something of a dual utility. ^_^

It ended up like a hybridized version between the Lanka and Dera. I was poking about all the corpus weapons for references, but those two I like the most visually as well as mechanically this gun is almost a hybrid of the two, so it kind of fits nicely between in style and performance.