The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To The Void Trader That Was Advertised In The Devstreams?

Detheroc

You know, the one "Sell unwanted prime parts, use that currency to buy parts you actually need!". What happened to that? Did DE ever cancel that intent officially? Or did they just silently changed it for reasons i hope are not true (players that missed the prime mods will buy them for plat, so they have to buy plat first, so DE gets money).

EDIT: I am aware of how Baro Ki'teer works. Please dont explain that to me. Read my topic again.

Edited by Detheroc

There are kiosks in the relays from which to sell your stuff, and the reader himself shows up periodically to sell stuffs.

I am well aware of that. DE advertised him as some sort of token system, where we trade our unwanted parts for parts we need.

I am well aware of that. DE advertised him as some sort of token system, where we trade our unwanted parts for parts we need.

Nope. they never said that. They said you trade your prime parts, which  you can at kiosks, to get a new currency "Ducats". You use those ducats to buy unique items from the Trader.

It's a great system, keeps void mission travels viable, and give us something to do with all the extra Prime pieces we have.

Yes as stated above, he has come twice already. He sells unique items that can only be obtained from him like Primed Flow, Mara Detron, Primed Continuity and so on..

There, fixed that for you.

And no, DE never stated we would ever be able to purchase 'the prime parts you need'. The only statement that was made in regards to the Void Trader was by Sheldon, where he stated, "be able to do something with all those unused prime parts".

Void trader is available in Hubs, but I don't think we'll ever get to buy Prime Parts. It makes the Void obsolete.

Pretty much this. I'm hoping that, perhaps, Void Keys will become a part of his rotations one day so we can trade out those unwanted Prime parts for a shot at the ones we want, and maybe with the Keys being removed from the Syndicates this is coming soon?

How does it make Void obsolete if you have to do Void to get those prime parts to trade in for ducats in the first place?

"I want Nova Prime... ugh, but I don't want to run T4 missions... I know! I'll run a bunch of T1 missions, get the parts to sell for enough Ducats, and then never have to touch a higher-level tower EVER again!"

"I want Nova Prime... ugh, but I don't want to run T4 missions... I know! I'll run a bunch of T1 missions, get the parts to sell for enough Ducats, and then never have to touch a higher-level tower EVER again!"

Trade a part that drop in T4 exclusively for another part that drop in T4. You don't need a PhD in physic to think of something that simple.

Edited by Alphafox

"I want Nova Prime... ugh, but I don't have T4 keys... I know! I'll run a bunch of keys i have, get the parts to sell for enough Ducats, and then never have to bang my head against 3 walls of RNG simultaneously ever again!"

FTFY.

Or

Trade a part that drop in T4 exclusively for another part that drop in T4. You don't need a PhD in physic to think of something that simple.

Edited by Detheroc

this void trader would be fine if the drops in the void hadn't been altered to seriously reduce the frequency of parts / blueprints that can be traded to him. (and making these new prime items even more difficult to acquire)

add in the alterations to sabotage by removal of the second part (due to an exploit... yeah. exploit... :/ ) and you get a recipe for angry players.

You mean instead of running T1/2 missions, get parts to sell for plat in trading, then buy the parts you need from other players?

"Hmmm, I've got a lot of T4 Exterminate keys, but only a few T4 Defense keys... I know! I'll run these Exterminate missions, which are MUCH easier and require MUCH less skill, and just trade off the parts for those harder-to-get Defense mission parts!"

Or will you divide them further now? At which point is the Void trader even bringing anything useful to bear other than a "I ran this mission once and got one Prime part, I'll trade it for that other, more valuable Prime part that I didn't get".

You mean instead of running T1/2 missions, get parts to sell for plat in trading, then buy the parts you need from other players?

Except on a MUCH more simplified level - because in player-trading you'll have to have parts that people are interested in buy in the first place. And that's not exactly as simple as you want to make it sound.

The usual happened. The playerbase assumed the new feature would work in a particular way, that way being convenient, useful, and good for the players, because said feature was advertised in an ambiguous enough way to allow for those dreams... while those that have been around for years suspected that it would only bring more and more grind, as usual.

"Hmmm, I've got a lot of T4 Exterminate keys, but only a few T4 Defense keys... I know! I'll run these Exterminate missions, which are MUCH easier and require MUCH less skill, and just trade off the parts for those harder-to-get Defense mission parts!"

Or will you divide them further now? At which point is the Void trader even bringing anything useful to bear other than a "I ran this mission once and got one Prime part, I'll trade it for that other, more valuable Prime part that I didn't get".

RNG is RNG skills doesn't matter. If a player enjoy playing extermination missions instead of defense mission i don't see what is so wrong with allowing him to trade a part of EQUAL RARITY  for another part.

The usual happened. The playerbase assumed the new feature would work in a particular way, that way being convenient, useful, and good for the players, because said feature was advertised in an ambiguous enough way to allow for those dreams... while those that have been around for years suspected that it would only bring more and more grind, as usual.

^ this.

i expected exactly what happened. and honestly, i laughed at all those poor sods that have been begging for a token system for void gear.

i also expected that once he was implemented the drop rates would be hosed beyond belief (and they have been) because of it.

so thanks to everybody who pushed for this to happen. i have you to blame for the crap drop rates we've been seeing for the last month. (i don't care that it's unreasonable, i'm still blaming you)

RNG is RNG skills doesn't matter. If a player enjoy playing extermination missions instead of defense mission i don't see what is so wrong with allowing him to trade a part of EQUAL RARITY  for another part.

Because, as with any good game, players are rewarded for surpassing challenges, where is the player being challenged if they can just sit on the bottom step, throw a ball up at the top, and knock down anything they want to them? No, as with any game, as the reward increases, difficulty increases, and the skills the player needs to be able to demonstrate to earn that reward increases.