Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Mod Packs A Good Thing To Buy?

no, i don't think anyone buys mod packs, it's a total utter waste.

Edit: i'll go with YES cuz everyone else is going with no, makes it a little less boring.

Edited by Pisirk

Is taking a bullet in the foot a good thing?

Just don't do it it's not worth the money for 3 random cards and 2 random rares. You could get very screwed over time and again. I tried it and all it did was make me wanna punch a hole in my monitor. Better to just farm Defense missions. They'd have to cut it down to 1 mod every 10 missions for me to even think of buying from that knida loony system. If that were to happen I would just end up quitting lol.

If it were pick 3 Common mods at 10 plat, 3 Uncommon at 15 and 2 Rare at 20 then it would be good but then this game would be p2w and those who have Grand Master badges would be the winners.

Edited by BakaGamer

I think to make them more appealing they would need to reduce some of the randomness by focusing mod packs on a specific category, like a warframe mod pack, primary mod pack, pistol mod pack, melee, and sentinel. Or maybe a warframe mod pack and a weapon mod pack.

if you are a new player with not many mods, but with  heaps of plat. then mods packs are great to get you started as an alternative to grind sessions. 

I brought 3  packs when update 7 came out, as i didn't want to grind for a shield mod, which had a bugged drop rate at the time.  

but its not really worth it in the long run, since it's better to spend it on slots and potatoes ( catalyst & reactor)  

No. Is 20 minutes worth that much Platinum? Cause if you farm Defense for that long you usually get over 5 mods, although there is no rarity guarantee. Unless you earn a ton of money and 20 minutes is worth more to you, then go for it.

If you are in your 40th with too much money then help to fund the game for all the poor little kids by buying a lot of mod packs.

You don't need to actually buy anything in the market to support the game. Just get a Grandmaster's Founders account or something and use that platinum on whatever would actually be useful. It doesn't matter if you spend the platinum you buy, they've already got your money.

They should make the mod packs larger and include more rare mods.

To equalize the amounts of mods and there quality with the price in plat vs farming.

Hah. Imagine getting Enemy Sense as a rare mod from there.

Thats what WILL probably happen.

They would need to split the packs into parts as suggested above (warframe pack, long gun pack) and triple the amount of mods given all while lowering the plat price to 30 or lower. I bought ONE pack just to see how it is for myself and regret it. They also should offer up fusion core packs for people trying to bump up a certain mod.

But as it is currently or any way they will PROBABLY implement it, no. Not worth it in any sense.

Edited by WARLOCKE