Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Modification - Making Kril's Freeze More Reliable And The Fight More Involving

Morec0

It's been a while since I fought Kril (or it may have been just a few seconds, depends of if I decide to go fight him while typing this or not), and all in all it's not a bad fight - a bit buggy, gated a little, but all in all not just tank-and-spank. You have a spot you need to shoot, so you shoot it and make him vulnerable through that.

However, that vulnerability is subject to bugs; worse, it's slow going and takes you out of the fight. After getting the coolant pipe flailing you're stuck waiting for him to use the ONE specific ability that turns him into a frozen statue to keep the event going. That's a little dull, and I think it can be improved on: so I have a proposal:

During the fight, pools of water will spawn and despawn on the platform (due to the rain or some leakage from the pipes around them) and rather than just wait for him to use the one specific move that gets him to freeze, after players shoot the pipe out what they will have to do is lure Kril into one of these pools. At this point ANY of his frost-based abilities he uses will freeze him in place and make him vulnerable to damage.

This adds a more player-active element to the fight, I think, and therefore makes it more fun to fight against him.

Edited by Morec0

What's the difference from luring him into using an ability? He actually reliably uses them if you get to a specific distance.

ninja-edit: though more interactable environment in boss encounters is always a good idea.

Edited by Dreamwalk3r

What's the difference from luring him into using an ability? He actually reliably uses them if you get to a specific distance.

Not from my experience - but, like I said, it's been a while since I've fought him - and I'm looking at this as "this fight... its very passive. It's a bullet sponge that then has you "okay, walk away from him"" and I think having to move the boss to a spot that is never in the same place twice is a good way to add a little activity to it - actually get the player mentally involved in the fight.

Not from my experience - but, like I said, it's been a while since I've fought him - and I'm looking at this as "this fight... its very passive. It's a bullet sponge that then has you "okay, walk away from him"" and I think having to move the boss to a spot that is never in the same place twice is a good way to add a little activity to it - actually get the player mentally involved in the fight.

Well, Kril prefers to shoot you from long range and melee in close range, but there's that sweet spot where he always tries to get you with frontal ice wave attack. Got pretty used to luring him into it almost instantly while farming for Twin Gremlins.

Don't know how good it works when in squad, anyway.

Edited by Dreamwalk3r

I have fought him a few times recently to see if i could get that blade launcher thingy. Anyways yeah it kinda depends on the distance you are to him but also depends on what he wants to use on that moment so its still kinda random. What if when the Coolant Tube is hit it will slowly freeze Krill until hes totally frozen? it would be a cool mechanic and you dont have to wait until he gets the idea to use a specirfic skill.

BTW have we seen before Morec0? im pretty sure you have comented on one of my Threads

I have fought him a few times recently to see if i could get that blade launcher thingy. Anyways yeah it kinda depends on the distance you are to him but also depends on what he wants to use on that moment so its still kinda random. What if when the Coolant Tube is hit it will slowly freeze Krill until hes totally frozen? it would be a cool mechanic and you dont have to wait until he gets the idea to use a specirfic skill.

BTW have we seen before Morec0? im pretty sure you have comented on one of my Threads

I'm all over the damn place.

But, again, I'm looking to make the boss fights more "bossy" (if you get what I mean) and have the players be more involved with it. The idea of it just slowly freezing him, to me, just seems like a slower (albeit more reliable) version of what we currently have.

I'm all over the damn place.

But, again, I'm looking to make the boss fights more "bossy" (if you get what I mean) and have the players be more involved with it. The idea of it just slowly freezing him, to me, just seems like a slower (albeit more reliable) version of what we currently have.

By slowly i mean like in around 5 seconds or so XD

And your like me,your everywhere and nowhere at the same time O.o

nope, leave Krill alone, he's as easy and intertainingas all other bosses except Mutalist Salad. so if u want to change one u need to change all of the bosses

Yeah. I'd like all bosses to become a little more player involving. Hell, I'm hoping Mutalist Alad gets his own arena rather than just a recycled room as some point. Not to mention you've got a lot of bosses that still need their basic overhaul in the first place.