Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taijitu : The Ying And Yang Frame (Dual Personality)

Deidaku

Hey guys here's my idea for a warframe . a dual personality warframe.

A frame that would kinda behave like Zelda and shiek in smash bros. By that I mean a warframe that can switch  between 2 different forms each with its own special abilities. 

Ex Yin would be ranged and defense based more and the Yang  would be the  offensive form

Yin powers 

1:  Wall of light .

Creates a wall of light (hardlight) that yang throws in front of her causing corrosive damage to all enemies in front of her.

>Augment idea: allies hit by the ability are overshielded for a short period of time

.Size of light wall does not vary but the skill is affected by range and strength mods.

2. wuji :

will explain later

3. Circle of life :

Creates a small circle aura around the frame that heals allies a little  inside and repels enemies who touch it : dealing 0 blast damage. (just for the proc). duration  7.5/10/12.5 seconds. . range  : 5/7.5/10 meters  . affected by range mods amount of healing not affected by any mods. just mod for duration and it will heal more.

4. Safeguard :

Creates spherical  Shields of light around allies . that absorb incoming damage.

( for visuals something like this but a  bit smaller and you can move with it)

18s09f6rwgjwcjpg.jpg

Allies can still move and shoot through the shield.  The shield lasts a limited time and can absorb X amount of damage. ( i'd vouch for twice the amount of damage iron skin can handle). but lasts  7/10/15 seconds. affected by duration and strength mods.

Yang skills:

1.Cloud of darkness :

instead of a solid wall like the yin form. yang launchers a cloud of energy needles in a certain direction dealing puncture and slash damage. The amount of dmg dealt and number of needles is affected by strength mods . also affected by range mods

3.  fog  of death :

turns into a cloud of dark nanomachines and charges ahead. He goes through enemies but not objects. Enemies in the way will be blinded.  and the end of the attack , Yang rematerialises .

> affected by range and duration mods

Think of skyrim's whrilwind sprint shout but blinds enemies in its path.

4. Executioner:

Yang foes into executioner mode. 

> When hit by a melee attack while blocking The attacker gets ambushed by a Yang clone ( same style as bladestorm)

> Yang gets unlimited stamina , runs faster ,and has lifesteal ( weaker than lifestrike) and can only use a materialized nikana with a unique stance. (similar to hysteria and excaliburs soon to come 4th ability) 

> this ability is affected by strength and duration mods.

TL:DR : Stance mode like hysteria  and Excalibur 4th , wields a nikana , not invincible , has a little lifesteal , melee attacks are countered by spawning a  nanomachine clone.

and now the tricky power .

2.Wuiji: Frame screams in pain and has violent convulsions. SFX ensue and you've switched to the other mode.

Consumes 50% of max energy and depletes your shields if there are some.

Affected by efficiency and duration mods.  The shorter the duration the faster the transformation but your other skills will be affected .

I hope you guys will like this idea

As for appearance I need an artist , i'm too unskilled to draw x)

as for style guidelines something that would ressemble the 2 forms of cecil harvey from FF4

DissidiaCecilArt.png

Comment below let me know :) 

Edited by Deidaku

• 1 month later...

Love this idea. Yin and yang sounds so awesome. I think one frame should be white, the other black. That would show that you changed to the other form. Or it can have an insignia on the chest and back that lights up on which side of the spectrum you are currently residing. So a white half circle would be visible, or the black half circle would be present. 

Love this idea. Yin and yang sounds so awesome. I think one frame should be white, the other black. That would show that you changed to the other form. Or it can have an insignia on the chest and back that lights up on which side of the spectrum you are currently residing. So a white half circle would be visible, or the black half circle would be present. 

That's what I was thinking

I'm also wondering whether or not energy color should affect which form you start with. 

The idea is original, but you should work on the text structure, and organize your ideas so it's better understandable. +1!

thanks and good point

I was in a rush when I wrote this and forgot to clean it x)

Wonderful, I had an idea like this but I never managed to get it written down. Glad to know someone else wants a frame like this. However, I think the way the second skill is now severely limits the versatility of the frame, I know that in game I would much prefer to be able to switch between offensive and defensive as needed instead of being relatively stuck in one mode for fear of dying due to being energyless and shieldless. Not sure if it would end up being overpowered if it could serve two roles and switch as needed.

Wonderful, I had an idea like this but I never managed to get it written down. Glad to know someone else wants a frame like this. However, I think the way the second skill is now severely limits the versatility of the frame, I know that in game I would much prefer to be able to switch between offensive and defensive as needed instead of being relatively stuck in one mode for fear of dying due to being energyless and shieldless. Not sure if it would end up being overpowered if it could serve two roles and switch as needed.

The energy and shield depletion is a balancing factor.

it makes the n°2 skill a double edged sword. Sure you can switch . but at the right time and for a price.

If switching is made too easy th frame would become god tier pretty fast ; 6 abilities available at all times as opposed to 6 abilties , 3 active at any given time + switching leaves you vulnerable.

But i have to admit sapping all the energy and shields isa  bit much. I'll reduce the energy cost because what's the point of switching if you can't use the powers of the other form?

• 1 month later...

3.  fog  of death :

turns into a cloud of dark nanomachines and charges ahead. He goes through enemies but not objects. Enemies in the way will be blinded.  and the end of the attack , Yang rematerialises .

> affected by range and duration mods

Think of skyrim's whrilwind sprint shout but blinds enemies in its path.

images_(2).jpg

Sorry. I had to. :P

Confirmed?! Can I get a link or something I want to see how they took it

Well they mentionned it in the devstream  can't remember exactly at what moment. Check out the fan made overview in general discussion :)

A cecil like frame would definitly be interesting.

Fire/support based positive side and Cold(Darkness)/offensive based negative side.

The negative side could get dark knight abilities which deal heavy damage but also hurt you.

Edited by (PS4)MegaFlareX

The negative side could get dark knight abilities which deal heavy damage but also hurt you.

I did not think about self damage infliction , nice!

got any ideas ? That could blend well with the lifesteal from the 4th ability

I did not think about self damage infliction , nice!

got any ideas ? That could blend well with the lifesteal from the 4th ability

Maybe lifesteal for the positive side's 4th ability?

Or you can switch the side of the 4th ability depending on what side you used it.

Negative side 4th ability executioner -> heavy damage/self damage -> 2nd ability -> lifesteal/normal damage

Edited by (PS4)MegaFlareX

Volt has wall

Frost has Snowglobe

Hydroid has Tidal Surge.

You want this frame to have their powers?

What ? no >_> did you even read?

Wall of light is la projectile shaped like a wall , not a stationnary defensive wall like volt

Tidal surge knocks enemies down and deals impact damage . , Fog of death blinds enemies, difference.

Snowglobe is a stationarry bubble that slows enemies down and protects people inside.   Safeguard is less powerful and has less duration , but to compensate for that , is mobile and protects teammates individually.

None of these skill are the same....

Edited by Deidaku

What ? no >_> did you even read?

Wall of light is la projectile shaped like a wall , not a stationnary defensive wall like volt

Tidal surge knocks enemies down and deals impact damage . , Fog of death blinds enemies, difference.

Snowglobe is a stationarry bubble that slows enemies down and protects people inside.   Safeguard is less powerful and has less duration , but to compensate for that , is mobile and protects teammates individually.

None of these skill are the same....

I did read them.