The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Trader Location

Imaru

A number of people have said that it is unfair that they cannot access the Void Trader because he is in a mastery locked relay. I have an idea that may help to assuage this issue.

If we take this set of stuff as an example, he is in the Orcus Relay with Primed Fast Hands, Heavy Trauma, and the Eos Spurs. Keep that as it is. However, he could also show up in the other relays (Mercury's and Saturn's relays) with the last set of stuff that he offered. So that would be the Eos shoulder plates and some primed shotgun mods (don't remember which ones off hand).

The only problem I can see right away with this is if he were to show up in [mastery locked relay] one time, then the next time he shows up in the one on Mercury, locking his wares for a longer time. This problem would eventually be remedied with time, but there may be a better way to go about it.

Last thing: I really don't care that the relays are mastery locked. I feel that you should need to work to unlock all the content in the game. I just think this would (help) to get people to stop complaining. 

What people are complaining? I could understand if it was in a relay past Saturn, however, to even begin to accumulate the resources needed to buy and max the Traders gear, you need to be a higher rank. Lower ranks would be better off maxing the non prime versions of the mods as it would be more efficient. I question how someone who does not have Saturn unlocked can even afford his gear, and if they can, why do you not have it unlocked? If it is because the individual chose not to unlock all nodes, that is not DE's problem. Then again, with my rank, I might just sound like a judgmental jerk. Sorry if so, but this makes sense to me. Good luck Tenno.

This account is MR4. yet it can solo Pluto because of mods, weapons and frames.

What is the logic behind MR restriction? I can carry Pluto but I can't join a Tenno Hub. And yes this account has less than 20h mission time.

This account is MR4. yet it can solo Pluto because of mods, weapons and frames.

What is the logic behind MR restriction? I can carry Pluto but I can't join a Tenno Hub. And yes this account has less than 20h mission time.

The logic behing mastery locks is that it encourages players to go through more of the content, and fundamentally spend more money to get the content. Basically you need to actually work to unlock all the content.

I got a better idea: Actually raise your mastery rank. Its really not difficult getting MR8.

Its bad enough the average person i take with me to T4 void missions are MR4-MR6, we don't need more low-rank people in high leveled relays. I'm glad DE is locking more content behind an MR, it encourages people to actually work to earn their powerful stuff.

Edited by Pizzarugi

I got a better idea: Actually raise your mastery rank.

I'm mastery 18. Wanna run that by me again?

Like I said, I agree with you, players should need to work to get mastery and content. That said, if a player is sufficiently capable, there shouldn't be any reason for them to be locked out of content (IE: If a mastery 2 player can successfully play in t4 content, they damn well deserve to be there.)

I'm mastery 18. Wanna run that by me again?

Like I said, I agree with you, players should need to work to get mastery and content. That said, if a player is sufficiently capable, there shouldn't be any reason for them to be locked out of content (IE: If a mastery 2 player can successfully play in t4 content, they damn well deserve to be there.)

No, they shouldn't. Nobody should be able to buy a boltor prime and immediately become T4 viable at MR2-6.

No, they shouldn't. Nobody should be able to buy a boltor prime and immediately become T4 viable at MR2-6.

That's not what I said though. I never mentioned any weapon. If a mastery 2 player is able to play successfully at high levels, never specifying any weapons or gear, they should be allowed to do so. 

Since gaining Mastery isn't primarily about exploring gameplay content, and eventually settles into the routine of craft/rank/trash Mastery Fodder, then the Mastery Lock on the relay makes no sense.

If Mastery was a player/gameplay progression system, that would be a different story. But as long as reaching the higher ranks can only be done by passively leveling garbage equipment, lets not pretend it's an accomplishment, or makes one player more deserving of access over another.

• 1 month later...

I didn't even know Orcus was mastery locked until yesterday, and now, when the Void trader is selling his best stuff, I'm at MR 7 with only enough stuff to get to 27,000 out of the necessary 35,000. (This includes buying and crafting a weapon). To manage it I need to buy, craft, and max 4 weapons in addition to 2 half leveled warframes, 1 new sentinel/sentinel weapon, and 1 new weapon. I don't think I'll be able to, and I'm really kind of bummed, but I can't really complain. Also, for those who say I should have been leveling weapons anyway, I was doing high tier void missions to get Ducats for the Void trader, and It didn't occur to me to bring any low level weapon, but I guess that's my fault.

I find it funny that the Mastery system is so weird and awkward yet they keep making stuff based on it.

Why do I say this? Cause the bloody Boltor prime is M2 req'd only.

I do understand why people don't like the current set up for the V-Trader but it kinda makes sense. If a shop is selling a car but it's only in a certain store that's in another city and you can't make it well too bad :P If the V-Trader wants to go to the fancy M5 only shop and you don't have your ID on you to get in then that's your issue not his.

People just need to grind up those Mastery Ranks as it's not very hard at all. Within 2-3 weeks of play I got up to around M5 at least.

Glad they can't taxi to relays. Bunch of lazy space ninjas

Mmhmm, while I understand people don't like the idea of the system and how you have to "grind" gear to max levels at the same time people have to realize the Mastery Rank is literally a level based on mastering weapons and equipment. It's like complaining that to become a teacher you have to teach =P

Mmhmm, while I understand people don't like the idea of the system and how you have to "grind" gear to max levels at the same time people have to realize the Mastery Rank is literally a level based on mastering weapons and equipment. It's like complaining that to become a teacher you have to teach =P

Not quite. It's more like complaining that to become a Veterinarian you have to go to medical school. I mean I'm mostly to rank 18 and I wouldn't say I've mastered a third of the stuff I've ranked and tossed. Hek, I don't even like soloing T3 stuff. But on the other hand I don't forma stuff to the moon and back either so who knows.

The original description of the focus system sounded like a better thing to lock content behind over passively ranking and then trashing fodder anyways.

What was the original focus system? I've only been playing about 4 or 5 months so I don't know very much about things before melee 2.0.

The original proposition was a use for all the excess xp an item gained after it reached 30 the first time. So things you forma'd multiple times would have a high focus score, as would your favored gear.

Edited by Onisa

But getting a boltor Prime at MR 2 isn't fun IMO. the fun is in farming it and using it knowing that you worked to achieve that goal and you deserve to carry it around. i'm not saying MR 2's don't deserve a Boltor Prime, it's just that, painful as it may be, Farming is the most rewarding thing in warframe.

But getting a boltor Prime at MR 2 isn't fun IMO. the fun is in farming it and using it knowing that you worked to achieve that goal and you deserve to carry it around. i'm not saying MR 2's don't deserve a Boltor Prime, it's just that, painful as it may be, Farming is the most rewarding thing in warframe.

In case anyone starts hating, this is just my opinion.

In case anyone starts hating, this is just my opinion.

Only if you have half way decent drops. To this day I have never seen a Rhino Prime Blueprint drop, for example.

Totally off topic, but I completely disagree with you. It's 2015. The days of 50 levels of progress just to get to the fun part are over. Even WoW lets you boost to 90 right away.

Apologies to OP for going off-topic too!

It shouldn't take you weeks or months to enjoy all that a game can give you. If you have a way to do it then go for it. But I do agree that the Boltor Prime is so quickly obtainable if you have Platinum, as getting MR2 takes a whole maybe 3-4 hours? I think the Boltor Prime should be at least MR6.

/offtopic

Only if you have half way decent drops. To this day I have never seen a Rhino Prime Blueprint drop, for example.

This is true, but I did say farming was painful. Take Loki Prime for example. I started farming him bout 11/2 months back. 2 Days ago, I finally got, the systems. That was one of the best moments I've ever had in warframe. True, I started hating T4 Def during that time, but still, it was great. However, I agree, the drop tables are messed up.