Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Remove Frame And Weapon Slot Limits Or Offer A Free Way To Get Them

BigJim1321

Warframe is one of many games that uses the grind or pay system.  The fact that you're implying that this is uncommon is hilarious.  The only real difference is that they've tacked on a slot system despite the fact that frames and weapons don't have nearly the breadth of customization or actual gameplay depth in games where such a slot system might be justifiable.

So

Much

Truth...

It's the only solution you have offered.  It doesn't matter if you didn't imply it, that's the reality that your suggestion illustrates.

It's not my issue.  Like I've said, I have plenty of slots.  People that can't or won't spend plat on slots though are still players that need to be maintained.  Otherwise who will us paying players play with?

Why should I be happy about that?  I'd have been much more happy to drop $60 on this game at retail if it was genuinely worth that.  The devs have been making headway, but the game's development has been pretty rocky and the actual content of the game still leaves much to desire.  I'll probably keep putting money into the game, but that's because I have hopes for the game, not because the f2p system.

Piracy is a fact.  If you don't like it, that's your problem.  It  neatly counters your "they have to pay to play that game" argument.  Feel free to run away from the argument if people stealing stuff makes you squeamish.

Not really considering its illegal.

This topic needs no solution either (You start with 50 plat) Theres also events that goes on for plat quite a bit. Infact a Clan leader the other day just created a topic announcing his own "event" So its not just the devs doing it anymore, opportunities for everyone are available as long as they put in the effort to try. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38113-dagnomes-100-giveaway/

Changing from "grind or pay system" to another completely different style of gaming is best reserved for another topic

Edited by Klaww

Not really considering its illegal.

This topic needs no solution either (You start with 50 plat) Theres also events that goes on for plat quite a bit. Infact a Clan leader the other day just created a topic announcing his own "event" So its not just the devs doing it anymore, opportunities for everyone are available as long as they put in the effort to try. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38113-dagnomes-100-giveaway/

Changing from "grind or pay system" to another completely different style of gaming is best reserved for another topic

It doesn't matter if it's illegal or not, people will do it regardless of how you feel about it.  It's still one of many reasons why warframe will still lose players to retail games if it doesn't step up its game.

Player action is never a solution for gameplay systems issues.

Edited by Aggh

Yes, literally speaking, inventory slots take up server space.  But that's like saying an individual grain of sand takes up space on a beach.  Its not a realistic argument.

I already answered someone else who stated this. Basically - One of the devs; either DE_Steve or DE_Rebecca, told us that's one of the reasons why they ask for payment for more slots. Don't shoot the messenger. Either way, the rest of my many valid arguments are still valid.

The funny thing about this is that they devs have already talked about adding slots in the mastery rank system.  OH GOD THEY'RE GOING TO BANKRUPT THEMSELVES GIVING AWAY A COUPLE SLOTS (40 cents a piece; the beauty of the "they're cheap" argument is that the devs wouldn't lose much money giving people a handful of slots) EVERY NOW AND THEN.  THE SKY IS FALLING!

Adding new inventory slots as rank up rewards is something everyone can agree with. What many of us don't agree with, is making inventory slots completely free.

We currently can obtain every single piece of equipment in the game for free. Hell, I'm living proof of this - I have yet to buy a warframe or a weapon with platinum, and currently have 3 catalysts and 4 reactors in my foundry. I have 6 warframes currently (had 7 but sold my Excalibur), one sitting in my Foundry due to lack of inventory space (Which I'm FINE with), and almost 4 pages of weaponry, because I used most of my Disciple platinum on - you guessed it - inventory slots...Which I'm FINE with as well.

Frankly, if DE were to make inventory slots free, I would have no real reason to give them any money at this moment in time other than for pure donations. I'm not that big on cosmetics, and have already obtained the basic colors and valentine colors pallettes. I enjoy actually working for my equipment, so I have no plans to outright buy anything.

You see, the trade off with being able to obtain everything for free is that you might not have the space for everything. This is fine, because this game is Free To Play.

In MANY MMOs, inventory space is drastically limited until you get to a certain level and are given a larger pack, or you go into their cash shop and outright buy one. This is a staple in many F2P games, and is perfectly fine with the vast majority of players in said games. Why is it that you can't seem to imagine it working this way with Warframe?

Edited by SoulEchelon

Adding new inventory slots as rank up rewards is something everyone can agree with. What many of us don't agree with, is making inventory slots completely free.

Sorry but who exactly said that they want inventory slots to be free? Could you please tell me what is the difference between playing 20 hours and getting 20 plat to get an inventory slots or spending 20 hours to level up your mastery and get an inventory slot?

Edited by Story4

Sorry but who exactly said that they want inventory slots to be free? Could you please tell me what is the difference between playing 20 hours and getting 20 plat to get an inventory slots or spending 20 hours to level up your mastery and get an inventory slot?

The difference would be that the platinum is universal and can be used for more than just slots.

The difference would be that the platinum is universal and can be used for more than just slots.

And that is a problem because... Free players will get slots even harder if they use their platinum for something else? I honestly don't see any difference.

I think I'd actually be bored trying to always level up my mastery, buying, leveling and selling the same weapons over and over again.

And that is a problem because... Free players will get slots even harder if they use their platinum for something else? I honestly don't see any difference.

I think I'd actually be bored trying to always level up my mastery, buying, leveling and selling the same weapons over and over again.

Hey, you asked what the difference would be, I answered, thats the difference.

I'm mastery level 4 and have never sold a (highly) leveled weapon. I sold the the dark dagger, the braton and mk1 braton, and some other stuff i didnt enjoy (and cant even remember).

So I don't see how gaining like, maybe 1 WF slot and 3 WP slots per 2 mastery ranks would lead to selling your S#&$ since that means you get more weapons/warframes to level and gain mastery with.

Currently I use: Braton V, Lato V, Paris, Gorgon, Dual Heat Swords, Glaive, Dual Zorens, Strun and Cronus.

Actually I might sell the Cronus because its lame.

So I don't see how gaining like, maybe 1 WF slot and 3 WP slots per 2 mastery ranks would lead to selling your S#&$ since that means you get more weapons/warframes to level and gain mastery with.

Because the more you advance in mastery the more it takes to get to the next level, so eventually you will have to sell stuff go level them up again in order to get more slots and the cycle continues.

I have 5 warframes at level 30 and had 10 weapons level at least to 25-30 when i reached level 5. I had to sell them in order to get others or the same weapon and level it so now i am almost at level 6. I think i sold at least 10 weapons in total and leveled up even more.

That's the problem, gaining masteries isn't something static, like 20.000 xp, it is increasing every time you level up and eventually it won't be worth be worth trying to get it anymore, especially if you need to sell weapons just to advance.

In comparison, making 20 hours of play equal 20 platinum, a player will eventually be able to get a slot and he will have to play the same time to get another. He can also choose which slots he wants, weapon, warframe, or maybe even get a catalyst if he was unlucky not to get one.

Also making it like this will be better because no one will have to sell their weapons or warframes, they can keep their level and not have to go through the tedious process of buying/crafting a weapon and then spending time to level it up again, which is not fun.

In addition, making it like this will be better in the long run because more and more warframes and weapons will appear and i really don't think that players will want to repeat the process of selling, buying/crafting and leveling up the same warframes or weapons that they like just because they have to in order to level up their mastery.

If you don't agree at least in part with my post, then i guess that i'm just fighting windmills for nothing. Wasted too much time trying to explain this already anyway, so i'm done.

Was that line the only line you read in my whole post? Because you seem to have totally ignored -everything- else.

Look, it boils down to this: Warframe is Free To Play. You can log in free of charge, buy, craft, obtain whatever you want free of charge, and have a ball. But if you want to get more than your allotted space, you're going to have to support the company behind this game and buy some inventory space - JUST like every other F2P game on the market. You want to keep your current equipment, but want to get something new? Pay for the space. It's not hard, it's not money-grubbing, it's not imbalanced, and it's definitely not unfair - especially when it costs so damned little.

We can get -everything- equipment wise in this game for free; including what other MMO's would consider "New characters". How much more do you need to be free before DE begins to lose more profit than it already is? I'm sorry, but Free players are just that - Players who play a game for Free. They should be catered to, but should not be given everything free. That feeling you get when you see something you want, but need to actually buy it? That is supposed to be there. That gnawing feeling. Because if you don't have that gnawing feeling, then DE isn't going to make a profit out of you, and thus they're losing money.

Edited by SoulEchelon

All I know that all my friends stopped playing as soon as they hit the slot limit and are playing other games. I only play just enough to get the daily random reward then check to see if they updated that slot issue. I did throw a few bucks in the game at a time but don't see the game surviving much on such a limited slot system that requires real money. I seen quite a bit of the foaming-in-the-mouth flaming from those that act like they get some pleasure harassing anyone that points out an issue or make a suggestion. Personally I have trouble retaining interest when I hit the slot limit so fast and don't see the game becoming too populated because of it. But for you anticritics, feel free to flame me. That will always makes things better :)

All I know that all my friends stopped playing as soon as they hit the slot limit and are playing other games. I only play just enough to get the daily random reward then check to see if they updated that slot issue. I did throw a few bucks in the game at a time but don't see the game surviving much on such a limited slot system that requires real money. I seen quite a bit of the foaming-in-the-mouth flaming from those that act like they get some pleasure harassing anyone that points out an issue or make a suggestion. Personally I have trouble retaining interest when I hit the slot limit so fast and don't see the game becoming too populated because of it. But for you anticritics, feel free to flame me. That will always makes things better :)

Yeah trying to incite flames on yourself doesn't make you a martyr for your cause. Sorry to disappoint.

All I know that all my friends stopped playing as soon as they hit the slot limit and are playing other games. I only play just enough to get the daily random reward then check to see if they updated that slot issue. 

That's unfortunate...  Well, be sure to check back for update 8.  There'll be tons of stuff to do even with filled warframe/weapon slots.  Also, I hope they work on the mastery rank system more for the next patch or update 8, maybe add some reasonable number of slots for certain ranks as reward.

Because the more you advance in mastery the more it takes to get to the next level, so eventually you will have to sell stuff go level them up again in order to get more slots and the cycle continues.

I have 5 warframes at level 30 and had 10 weapons level at least to 25-30 when i reached level 5. I had to sell them in order to get others or the same weapon and level it so now i am almost at level 6. I think i sold at least 10 weapons in total and leveled up even more.

That's the problem, gaining masteries isn't something static, like 20.000 xp, it is increasing every time you level up and eventually it won't be worth be worth trying to get it anymore, especially if you need to sell weapons just to advance.

In comparison, making 20 hours of play equal 20 platinum, a player will eventually be able to get a slot and he will have to play the same time to get another. He can also choose which slots he wants, weapon, warframe, or maybe even get a catalyst if he was unlucky not to get one.

Also making it like this will be better because no one will have to sell their weapons or warframes, they can keep their level and not have to go through the tedious process of buying/crafting a weapon and then spending time to level it up again, which is not fun.

In addition, making it like this will be better in the long run because more and more warframes and weapons will appear and i really don't think that players will want to repeat the process of selling, buying/crafting and leveling up the same warframes or weapons that they like just because they have to in order to level up their mastery.

If you don't agree at least in part with my post, then i guess that i'm just fighting windmills for nothing. Wasted too much time trying to explain this already anyway, so i'm done.

You are working from under the assumption that -most- players will want to obtain -everything- for free.

I think I remember you mentioned you had something around 150 hours gameplay time.

For most casual players, thats around an equal number of days. (assuming 1h/day, every day)

For dedicated players, half that. (assuming 2h/day, every day)

Most people do not play like you do, stop assuming that you can ascertain the desires of most players because you clearly can't.

There are myriads of co-op horde-mode shooters out there and nobody plays those games for hours on end daily. Warframe is no different. For all intents and purposes, this is -not- an MMO, it's a co-op shooter like Killing Floor.

The game is not free 2 collect, it is free 2 play, the collection aspect is but an insignificant part of Warframe.

-

I already agree with you that the slots in the beginning are restrictive.

I already agree with you that they should be available through ingame means because it currently restricts longterm gameplay variety.

I already agree with you that the -current- mastery system will cap out at some point and make further progression very hard

However my stance is unchanged when it comes to letting players earn premium currency.

Edited by Mietz

I just noticed pretty much every post supporting slots being able to be gained without paying acual cash has multiple thumps down. I thought that was weird since most of my free to play friends complained about the limits, but then I thought about it for a secound... My guess is most of the free to play member's quit already so that would explain it, thus no one or very few of them are here to support the supporters XD

pay to play members may be the heart of the game but free to play member's are the blood.

good luck pumping without them.

I just noticed pretty much every post supporting slots being able to be gained without paying acual cash has multiple thumps down. I thought that was weird since most of my free to play friends complained about the limits, but then I thought about it for a secound... My guess is most of the free to play member's quit already so that would explain it, thus no one or very few of them are here to support the supporters XD

pay to play members may be the heart of the game but free to play member's are the blood.

That's a pretty arrogant statment to make, you have no idea how many people have stayed or left, if other 'free to play' players have the same opinions you do or not. Its more likely they don't agree with the statements you make, or don't feel the need to upvote or downvote anything, or don't even look at the forums.

Theres more players against changing this system rather than supporting a change.

Theres loads of f2p players still too.. can you prove that "most" of them quit?

Also, I really don't see how someone is immediately rated as a non F2P player based on the fact they bought a few plat, I dont see monthly subs or required items via marketplace for only plat. (You can BP basically anything that isn't cosmetic even then alot can still be BPed like weapon skins,etc.)

Edited by Klaww

Ok I am all for the free to play . However, this still comes down to a business. I would much rather the devs come up with a a way to have extra slots on cool down. Example lets say I have created 4 frames to use. I then am like crap only 3 slots. Well when you rotate the one in that you would like to use. The one replaced will go on cool down for a week or so. I think this would be a good way to rectify the issue. As well as allow those who want instant gratification to purchase the slots right away. I however, do not agree that everything should be free as the warframe team needs to pay bills too. Please feel free to make any comments on this matter .. Thanks

The funny thing about this is that they devs have already talked about adding slots in the mastery rank system.  OH GOD THEY'RE GOING TO BANKRUPT THEMSELVES GIVING AWAY A COUPLE SLOTS (40 cents a piece; the beauty of the "they're cheap" argument is that the devs wouldn't lose much money giving people a handful of slots) EVERY NOW AND THEN.  THE SKY IS FALLING!

Oh come on. He only said that he likes it the way it is.

And yeah. They most likely give away some free slots.

Thats exactly why I dont see the point in this whole debate here. People will most likely get a few free slots.

I dont see why they should make them free entirely. This has been discussed million times.

Devs have recognized that this is a problem to some people and they might give us slots for progression. Other than that, I dont see why they should do this.

Theres more players against changing this system rather than supporting a change.

Theres loads of f2p players still too.. can you prove that "most" of them quit?

Also, I really don't see how someone is immediately rated as a non F2P player based on the fact they bought a few plat, I dont see monthly subs or required items via marketplace for only plat. (You can BP basically anything that isn't cosmetic even then alot can still be BPed like weapon skins,etc.)

The game is already ~4k less concurrent players on steam than it was at steam launch.  Players have left for many reasons, but slots have been a constant complaint throughout the game's development.  Anyone that thinks the game is not losing players to this issue is being willfully ignorant.

Edited by Aggh

You are working from under the assumption that -most- players will want to obtain -everything- for free.

I think I remember you mentioned you had something around 150 hours gameplay time.

For most casual players, thats around an equal number of days. (assuming 1h/day, every day)

For dedicated players, half that. (assuming 2h/day, every day)

Most people do not play like you do, stop assuming that you can ascertain the desires of most players because you clearly can't.

There are myriads of co-op horde-mode shooters out there and nobody plays those games for hours on end daily. Warframe is no different. For all intents and purposes, this is -not- an MMO, it's a co-op shooter like Killing Floor.

The game is not free 2 collect, it is free 2 play, the collection aspect is but an insignificant part of Warframe.

-

I already agree with you that the slots in the beginning are restrictive.

I already agree with you that they should be available through ingame means because it currently restricts longterm gameplay variety.

I already agree with you that the -current- mastery system will cap out at some point and make further progression very hard

However my stance is unchanged when it comes to letting players earn premium currency.

Fine then, but i still don't get the difference between playing 20 hours for 20 plat or 20 hours to get a warframe slot. OR maybe just make another currency with which you can only buy slots and potatoes if people are so much against gaining platinum.